LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How Playable is Glamdring, Orc-Beater?

5 (best)  
45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

36%
  [ 4 ]  36%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:39 pm

Well...not as spectacular as I had thought, but is a definite plus to the refuge style decks that the Gandalf culture seem to be going towards.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:52 pm
This card would be awesome with Woodland Onod! I give it a 5. Applause
I had to put something here.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:52 pm
Bah. Another card that has a special ability that has nothing to do with its subtitle. I would have thought that it would have a bit of an ability like the original one given its subtitle and the fact that there is only one orc culture now... (yeah, we still have Sauron and Morc until King block rotates out...)
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
raptor22
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:54 pm
Yeah, not as usful as Glamdring, Foe-Hammer IMHO, and with the new Shadowfax, I don’t think this will see much play, but in Refuge deck with Woodland Onod, it could be pretty good. And it does give a damage bounus...
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:12 pm
And then Gandalf’s Staff, Walking Stick...Good bye minions...Then stick him on Gandalf, Mithrandir...

I though high damage was a dwarf thing.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:04 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Merrick_Hale wrote:
Bah. Another card that has a special ability that has nothing to do with its subtitle. I would have thought that it would have a bit of an ability like the original one given its subtitle and the fact that there is only one orc culture now... (yeah, we still have Sauron and Morc until King block rotates out...)

I hear you. Soon as I saw the title I thought ’oooo, Orc beatdown!’ and then saw it has nothing to do with it. Sigh.

As for the damage, that’s nothing new. Every version of Glamdring except Glamdring, Foe-hammer has had damage +1.

Oh, as for the card, I gave it a 5. I think there are other versions that are generally more useful, but this one is awesome in the right decks.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:12 pm
Bland for something as significant as Glamdring. It’s not nearly as good as Glamdring, Foe-hammer. I give it a 3. This card really disappointed me. Sad
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:01 pm
It’s not good for refuge! Heck, it’s a different Refuge!

Look, both cards need to discard companions! So you can really only use one with one companion discarded. And personally, I’d choose Refuge itself. Healing is better than wound prevention, IMO.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Merrick_Hale wrote:

it would have certainly been nice if it had, right now nothing spectacular, and pretty much for-hammer’s pic enlarged
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:31 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
This card strikes me as just about useless.
Kinda cool picture i guess... Rolling Eyes
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion