LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Woodland Onod?

5 (best)  
45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

18%
  [ 2 ]  18%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:09 pm

FINALLY! The Ent we’ve all been waiting for. A little bit modest stats, this guy fits in perfectly in a refuge deck. And seeing as 2 or 3 Gandalf cards have yet to be spoiled, and considering this guys text, there’s a good chance we may see other ents.

I’m not going to vote until I see if there are any other ents.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:25 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I hope there are more Ents too, but I think I can give him a hearty 4 already. This guy splashes in very well with other Ents, and can even survive already without another Ent (or Hobbit) in site and use his ability on himself. Very simple and yet very useful Ent.

Just one thing: where does that name come from? I don’t recall hearing "Onod" before....
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:43 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Just one thing: where does that name come from? I don’t recall hearing "Onod" before....

From the Encyclopedia of Arda:

The word Onodrim refers to the entire race of Ents. A single Ent is an Onod, and the plural form used to describe several Ents is Enyd.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thanks Ac! I was wondering about that title. Gandalf, greyhame could work quite well with this little ent. Neutral
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:23 pm
How so?
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:30 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
is it that difficult to figure out?

if you really need help knowing PM me, but I will try to explain it here in simple terms.

1. you discard a companion in the skirmish phase, to make an ent strength+
2. next fellowship phase, you use greyhame to play the companion.
3. it works even better if you are playing discard hobbits, you discard a hobbit in skirmish, next skirmish phase, you discard another copy in your hand. Then in the fellowship phase you replay said hobbit.

It isn’t the best, but it gets the Job done.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:47 pm
Ok...um...I’d just use roused Mr. Green
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:38 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
sickofpalantirs wrote:
is it that difficult to figure out?

if you really need help knowing PM me, but I will try to explain it here in simple terms.

1. you discard a companion in the skirmish phase, to make an ent strength+
2. next fellowship phase, you use greyhame to play the companion.
3. it works even better if you are playing discard hobbits, you discard a hobbit in skirmish, next skirmish phase, you discard another copy in your hand. Then in the fellowship phase you replay said hobbit.

It isn’t the best, but it gets the Job done.

Nice combo there. Mr. Green I wonder if Brad thought of that, and if so, if we’ll see some errata about it. That could make for a whole new type of deck, with lots of companions used simply to pump up a couple versions of this guy with Gandalf, Greyhame then pulling the better ones into the fellowship. Lots of twilight, though. You’d need some way to control that to make Greyhame’s text really effective.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
BattleWarg
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:54 pm
Well, depends what type you’re playing for what you can do about that...

But I imagine Merry, Swordthain and Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver would be nice with the Gandalf, Greyhame and this...

Of course, the key would be to make it a playable deck...
raptor22
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:40 pm
This guy in a Refuge deck...

It could be fun Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion