LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Eowyn, Northwoman?

5 (best)  
76%
  [ 10 ]  76%

15%
  [ 2 ]  15%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:19 pm

Here is the card for Rohan that pulls it all together!

The while the ring-bearer is fighting ability is nice, although an armor would accomplish practically the same effect. However, the second part of the text makes this Eowyn a staple for Rohan ring-bearer fighting decks. This card is AWESOME!

So Cobra, are you a fan of the new Fighting Ring-Bearer strategy yet?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Cobra
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:26 pm
Beat me to it by five minutes, NBarden. Smile Moved my review to here, since it answers your question!

Eowyn’s "while the Ring-bearer is assigned to a skirmish" ability is the best we’ve seen yet, IMO. It’s good against any minion; it’s great against fierce or damage +1 minions. It’s fantastic against the new Orc Warg decktype, provided there’s one Orc left unmounted or otherwise weak enough for Frodo to fight.

Speaking of which, Eowyn, Northwoman not only benefits from a fighting Ring-bearer, but goes a long way towards allowing the RB to fight safely. That assignment exertion ability can be used quite a bit -- it’s not like Eowyn will be taking wounds or anything. Wink

This card really brings the new Rohan strategy together for me. I’ll finally admit that it’s starting to look viable for competitive play, and it’s also gaining some much deeper storyline connections for those who care about such things. (Eowyn, Champion of the Small and Meek.)
Last edited by Cobra on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:35 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
YESS!!! I knew there was a card out there that made this whole strategy work. Thank you, Brad! This is an awesome strategy!!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
YES! there is an eowyn! IDK if it quite makes it totally worth it, but it certainly helps.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
raptor22
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:47 pm
Yep, this card makes the whole stratagy work. And the picture is awesome too! It’s also nice to see Eowyn back up to 7 resistance.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:14 pm
Can I say I told you so? This IS a good strategy!

She can make minions lose hunter. What’s not to love?
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:16 pm
Wowzers! The new strategy now works!

Give Eowyn her sword and Heavy Chain, and it takes a 28 strength minion to even do anything to her. Wow...
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:39 pm
Cheers The Rohan Fighting Ring-bearer Strategy Cheers

Sweet. Period. I’m really looking forward to pre-orders now..... Razz
I had to put something here.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:29 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Wowzers! The new strategy now works!

Give Eowyn her sword and Heavy Chain, and it takes a 28 strength minion to even do anything to her. Wow...

Or, with Aragorn, Defender of Rohan (since he gives her hunter 1, a strength 30 minion!!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:12 pm
Oh my! Surprised

This is perhaps one of the best Eowyn cards we’ve seen; it’s even going to make me replace my Ithilien Lady. Great card. It definitely gets a 5 from me. Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion