LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:52 pm
--- description ---
With new cards from The Rise of Saruman, the Elven Hunters go on a wounding spree.
--- end description ---

Ring-bearer and Ring
Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Fellowship (33)
Legolas, Of the Woodland Realm (starting)
Rumil, Silvan Elf (starting)
Orophin, Silvan Elf x2
Elven Guardian x4
Elven Bow x4
Farewell to Lorien x4
Many Miles x4
Mighty Shot
Into the West x3
Namarie x2
Shadow Between x2
Take Up The Bow x2
Elven Marksmanship x3

Strategy
Okay, I’ve never made an Elven deck for myself in real life. I dunno why, but I’ve never been too motivated to collect all the cards.

But once I saw the Elven hunters in RoS, I knew I had to make an Elven deck or die trying. This is my version of hunter wounding, using the Elven cards already spoiled. There is at least 1 more Elven card unspoiled, and maybe even 2; once they are spoiled, I’ll make any appropriate changes needed to this decklist.

On to the strategy: Use Rumil & Orophin’s text to place tons of wounds on minions. Farewell to Lorien and Into the West take care of all the exertions and threats you’ll be adding.

For more archery, cards like Elven Bow, Many Miles, and Elven Marksmanship are included.

This deck looks really strong on paper. Hopefully it’ll work out just as nicely in real life. Smile

Please review!

- AC
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:49 pm; edited 5 times in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:26 pm
I just noticed that elven guardian has the sweet ability to heal enduring hunter minions! SWEET!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:45 pm
That’s cool... but as of now, there are no minions that are enduring and hunter. Smile

Anyone want to comment on my deck? First good review gets a GP. GP

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:59 pm
Like you said, the deck looks good on paper. I would include an extra copy of Shadow Between, just to ensure that you can play it and counteract an exertion deck. Sweet deck! Applause
I had to put something here.
macheteman
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:30 pm
Wow. NICE deck, gp for it, it looks extremely strong. AP is right, add one extra copy of shadow between, that way you can make sure you have healing, because if you are up against hard-core corruption, farewell to lorien won’t work all the after a few burdens. one other thing is that with no way to remove burdens, and galadriel with low resistance, elf song and/or ring of rings may be helpful. galadriel can only reach 8 resistance without breaking the rule of five.

overall, great job! sweet deck!

-macheteman
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:59 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Looks like a very nice deck, although I’d have a look into Home and Hearth. I betcha there’s a good Elven condition with tokens out there for the hunters. So far, it’s an awesome deck.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
anonymous22
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:54 pm
What About Double Shot?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:09 pm
Yeah, I thought about including Double Shot, but I opted out because it’s not too easy to get.

Although I also just noticed that with the exception of The Splendor of Their Banners, every card is Standard-legal. I’ll just drop Splendor and change the deck to Standard format.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:44 am
Updated after playing the deck. Nothing really made it past the archery phase, so I switched Point Blank Range x4 for Namarie x2 and Weapons of Lothlorien x2, so that I have condition removal and more archery stuff.

This deck is killer! Dancing

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it certainly looks good. How much would it cost CC prices?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard