LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Saruman, Master of the White Hand?

5 (best)  
14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

71%
  [ 5 ]  71%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
bibfortuna25
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:14 pm
Yet another terrible Uruk-hai Saruman. None of them compare to Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord.

Coldy Still and Servant of Sauron are the two best Sarumans in this set. The rest are just a waste of paper.
All cards do what they say.
Pywils
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:35 pm
Quote:
Yet another terrible Saruman. None of them compare to Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord.

no, not really. have you ever hear of Undead of Angmar? Uruk Zealot is one of the best cards ever along with Our Foes are Weak. I give this Saruman a 4.
Shadows
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:48 pm
Am I right in thinking that with that text,he could technically corrupt the ring-bearer if they only had one resistance left?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:55 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Shadows wrote:
Am I right in thinking that with that text,he could technically corrupt the ring-bearer if they only had one resistance left?

Yes. If the RB was down to one resistance and you played this Saruman, the RB would instantly be corrupted. That’s unlikely to happen unless the FP player is really careless or you, the Shadow player, have spent a lot of time adding burdens and just need one more resistance taken away.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:21 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Pywils wrote:
Quote:
Yet another terrible Saruman. None of them compare to Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord.

no, not really. have you ever hear of Undead of Angmar? Uruk Zealot is one of the best cards ever along with Our Foes are Weak. I give this Saruman a 4.

Yes, so with those out, many unbound companions, except Aragorn or hobbits, would be down to -4 strength. Ouch! Especially if you play Throne of the Dark Lord. That’s some hurtin’ right there.

I’ll reserve judgement on this Saruman until I see the rest of the Uruk-hai cards. But I’m not happy that he can be assigned to a skirmish.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion