LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
now that I think about it AC is right about the bow. sorry about that.

GP to AC for finding it.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:11 pm
DainIronfoot wrote:
2Brand, Leader of the Bardings Gandalf
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
While you can spot a Gandalf knight, Brand is a knight.
While you can spot a Gandalf archer, Brand is an archer.
Each other Gandalf archer and Gandalf knight is strength +1.
“‘He is a strong king, and his realm now reaches far south and east of Esgaroth.’”

Very impressive! Applause

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Hugin, Consel of the Lakemen Gandalf
Companion • Man
Resistance: 7
To play, spot a Gandalf Man or Wizard.
Each time a Free Peoples card (except characters) is about to be discarded, you may exert Hugin twice (or once if that card is a Gandalf card) to place that card beneath your draw deck instead.
A former warrior and official counselor to the Master of Laketown, he had become one of his lands’ most respected emissaries.

I would change it to ’exert Hugin and add 1 to place the card on top of your draw deck. Shuffle your draw deck.’

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1Riduan, Man of Dale Gandalf
Ally • Home 3 [FotR] & 8 [LA] • Man
Strength: 2
To play, spot Gandalf or a Gandalf Man.
Maneuver: Exert Riduan and discard a card from hand to draw a card. If you draw a card of the same culture as the card you discarded, you may heal a character of that culture.
“‘Nowhere are there any men so friendly to us as the Men of Dale. They are good folk, the Bardings.’”

Very nice; good job! Smile

DainIronfoot wrote:
2 Surpassed the Old Days Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Gandalf Man (or exert a Dwarf). Plays on a river or dwelling. Limit 1 per site.
This site’s Shadow number is -1.
When the fellowship moves from this site, you may heal up to two Gandalf Men or Dwarves.
“‘You should see the waterways of Dale, Frodo, and the fountains, and the pools! You should see the stone-paved roads of many colours!’”

Overpowered. I would raise the cost to 4 or make the healing ability only one Gandalf Man or Dwarf.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Brand, Heir of Bard Gandalf
Companion • Man
Resistance: 6
Knight. While you can spot a Gandalf Man companion, Brand’s twilight cost is -1.
Brand is strength +1 for each other Gandalf Man companion you can spot (limit +3).
Each time Brand wins a skirmish, you may exert him to heal a Gandalf Man or unique Dwarf.
“‘...Sauron could have done terrible harm in the North...if King Brand and King Dain had not stood in his path.’”

Nice; balanced, yet powerful. Great cards! Applause
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:21 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thanks for all the reviews, guys. You really sent this out with a bang! Mr. Green

I made some changes to the cards, as you all recommended. I wanted to highlight one in particular, though:

2Hugin, Consel of the Lakemen Gandalf
Companion • Man
Resistance: 7
To play, spot a Gandalf Man or Wizard.
Each time a Free Peoples card (except a character) is about to be discarded, you may exert Hugin to place that card beneath your draw deck instead (or on top of your draw deck if that card is a Gandalf card).
A former warrior and official counselor to the Master of Laketown, he had become one of his lands’ most respected emissaries.

Now, instead of doing two exertions and only one for a Gandalf card, I followed a couple folks’ advice and made it just one exertion no matter what the card is. However, I still wanted to do something different with Gandalf cards, so I changed where the card goes in the draw deck. Is this good now?

Next Duo goes up in a little bit, but in a new thread. Thanks to everyone who reviewed my Lakemen cards, and remember, in the new thread, the GP system starts all over again. Your first review in that thread earns you a shiny new GP. So don’t miss it! Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:03 am
Ooh.... placing it on top of the deck seems a bit too powerful. I liked sticking it on the bottom of th deck a lot better.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:51 am
Awwwww. Okay. How about:

Each time a Free Peoples card (except a character) is about to be discarded, you may exert Hugin to place that card beneath your draw deck instead (or if that card is a Gandalf card, you may choose to shuffle it into your draw deck instead).

How’s that?

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:03 pm
That’s much better. Thumbs Up
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:32 pm
Okay. Consider it done.

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I love the new one Very Happy GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards