LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:46 pm
--- description ---
Boromir uses the Pippin Engine to choke the twilight pool and beat up any minions that are played.
--- end description ---

Ring-bearer and Ring
Boromir, Bearer of Council
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Fellowship (33)
Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence
Home and Hearth x4
Make Haste x4
Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor x2
Blade of Gondor, Sword of Boromir x2
Coat of Mail x2
Shield of Boromir
Ranger’s Cloak x2
The Saga of Elendil
Banners Blowing x4
Pledge of Loyalty x4
Sentinels of Numenor x3
Rally the Company x3

Strategy

Use the Pippin Engine to keep Boromir free of burdens and wounds.

Ranger’s Cloak and Saga of Elendil give Boromir more health to survive against archery, and Ranger’s Cloak also increases resistance.

Shield of Boromir protects against archery and hand weapons, and Coat of Mail stops swarms.

Blade of Gondor, Sword of Boromir keeps Pippin alive if you don’t draw a Make Haste. If you don’t want to have to use Boromir’s ’start of skimirsh’ text, just assign the minion to Pip and then switch Boromir in for Pippin once the skirmish has begun. You can also use that same idea to split up the minions so that Boromir doesn’t have to fight all the minions at once; he can fight the minion(s) assigned to him first, and then fight the minion(s) assigned to Pip.

Comments?

- AC
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:51 pm
First of all, who cares about damage with Boromir? He wins, all minions are discarded.

Second, with the Ranger’s Cloak idea. I have what I like to call a Gondorian Pippin Engine, in which you make minions roaming then throw Pippin, WoBaS into your hand. What you should do is run Third Level, Ranger’s Cloak, and Sixth Level, with Pippin, WoBaS and Home and Hearth. Although it doesn’t peel off wounds, it frees up cards in your deck to run Citadel of Minas Tirith or Houses of Healing w/ Guarded City.

Just some thoughts...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
if you are going to use blade of gondor a lot, you need more cards he can bear. maybe toss in some great shield or athelas, or something you don’t really need.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:22 pm
NBarden wrote:
First of all, who cares about damage with Boromir? He wins, all minions are discarded.

Good point. Blade of Gondor, Sword of Boromir is still very useful though.
NBarden wrote:
Second, with the Ranger’s Cloak idea. I have what I like to call a Gondorian Pippin Engine, in which you make minions roaming then throw Pippin, WoBaS into your hand. What you should do is run Third Level, Ranger’s Cloak, and Sixth Level, with Pippin, WoBaS and Home and Hearth. Although it doesn’t peel off wounds, it frees up cards in your deck to run Citadel of Minas Tirith or Houses of Healing w/ Guarded City.

It’s an interesting idea, but Pippin has to be unassigned to use his ability and return him to hand, meaning that he’s entirely relying on Blade of Gondor, Sword of Boromir to save him.
sickofpalantirs wrote:
if you are going to use blade of gondor a lot, you need more cards he can bear.

The thing is, it won’t be used too much. It’s mostly for if you can’t draw a Make Haste (or if it’d be advantageous to use the Sword’s text).

Thanks for the reviews.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded