LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:44 pm
Look for this big text in a recent post to find the card!

Here’s another contest I ran waaaay back in the day.

This contest does not test your ability to make dream cards; rather it tests your knowledge of all of Middle-earth!

I have very little records for it, so I’ll be re-making up the rules. AC was the only one around then that’s here still, so if he remembers he might be able to lend me a hand.

Each round, I make 1 DC about a character (or item) from the entire LotR story (any age). There are lots of things missing from the DC, though, and each missing element is worth a certain amount of points.

An example:
2 •(1 Point), Last of the Fellowship Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength-3
Vitality-4
Resistance-10
Ring-bound.
For each Free Peoples (1 Point) you can spot, (this character) is strength +1.
Each time a companion dies, (2 Points) or add a burden.

Okay, so that’s obviously Sam. Each entrant PMs me (any replies to the thread disqualifies you) as much of the areas in question as possible.

There are 4 points possible on this one:
• 1 Point if you correctly told me the card title was Sam;
• 1 Point if you said "Free Peoples culture";
• And 2 Points if you said "exert Sam".

In the past, I gave points to the first person to PM me the right answer for each available section. But I have a better idea:

The first person to PM me the correct answer to a given section gets full points for that section. The second person to answer correctly gets half the points. So if Thonnas PMed me saying "Sam, Culture, Exert Sam" before anyone else got in, he’d score 4 points. Then, if Dain PMed me saying the same thing, he’d come out with 2 points.

We’ll play to some arbitrary point total I’ll decide on later.

There *will* be prizes in this one, and I do ask for a GP entry fee since this will be quite an endeavor. I’ll start soon, and it’s fine for people to jump in whenever they want to.

Knowledge of Middle-earth will help you.
Frequency here will save you.
A high WPM count will make you win!

The Scoreboard
AnxiousChieftain - 2 Points
DainIronfoot - 2 Points
Thonnas7 - 1/2 Point
Last edited by menace64 on Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:14 pm; edited 5 times in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I’m in. but how would we know what you were thinking at any particular time?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:51 pm
A lot of the answers will be easy enough to find if you know your stuff or can research Wikipedia or Arda well enough.

For the gameplay-related parts... I have to give a little bit of hope to those who *aren’t* as versed as others.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:11 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’ll take a stab at it, sure. Nifty idea.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:24 pm
51-52

hobbits pwn
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
thonnas7
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:29 pm
52-53. Why not?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:29 pm
Oh, right. 53-54. Oops.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:35 pm
Sounds great. 54-55 (GP will come as soon as possible).
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
menace64
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:34 am
Who Am I #1 Solution:

3 •Imrahil, Descendant of Imrazor Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength-7
Vitality-3
Resistance-7
To play, spot a Gondor Man.
While you can spot a knight, (this companion) is a knight and is strength +1. While you can spot a ranger, (this companion) is a ranger and is resistance +1.

Okay, so that starts this contest off pretty simply. This edition of the contest is over; keep watching later in this thread for the next one.

Good hunting!
Last edited by menace64 on Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:00 am
I’m probably wrong, but I PMed you what I THINK it is.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards