LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:29 pm
No, I was just looking for keywords for this first contest. We’ll start attaching keywords to cards a bit later.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:40 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Group 1: B. A couple folks touched on the same basic concept, but this one is worded best.

Group 2: A. This one was a very tough choice between A and B. A note, however: I like the idea Turin had, where he basically said "you may only have one *keyword* in play at a time". I would add a vote for just that phrase to be tacked onto the eventual winner. I know it’s breaking the rules, but I think that would help balance A and especially B, should either of those win.

Group 3: B. Darn that AC for hogging all the votes. Razz But it’s a great concept, certainly better than some of these new keywords Decipher keeps coming out with. (*cough*hunter*cough*) Rolling Eyes

Sorry I wasn’t able to get in in time, Menace. I just didn’t have the brainpower after a weekend of testing to come up with three new keywords. But assuming cards are to be created after this, count me in. I think I can come up with something based on these nifty new keywords. Smile
Turin06
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:55 pm
FDE

Wow no votes so far and I can’t really complain because I cooked them up very quickly with very litle thought.
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
If I can vote

1b
2A
I loved F
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:18 am
The War for Middle-earth #3

I think enough votes have come in. Here are the official keywords for WfME!

Intimidation. (During skirmishes involving this character, the opponent may not use skirmish special abilities.)
- AnxiousChieftain

The secound group was a tie between myself and AC, but I’m giving my tie-breaker vote to him. I agree with Dain and Turin that, since Epic conditions are, well, special, there should be a limit on them (and I added a new little something).

Epic. (You may have only 1 epic condition in play. This condition cannot be discarded by other cards.)
- AnxiousChieftain

lol...

Rage. (The Shadow player may take the first Skirmish action during skirmishes involving this minion.)
- AnxiousChieftain

Well, everyone’s participation was greatly appreciated, but it looks like all 3 keywords came from Mr. AC.

Regardless, they’re great keywords!

---

Since I wanted the keywords decided before moving on, there is nothing to vote for today.

---

This leg of the contest is over! Look ahead!
Last edited by menace64 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:22 am
Yay! Mr. Green

I’ll be PMing the cards soon. I have some sweet ideas for these new cards...
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
thonnas7
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:50 pm
I PM’ed mine. Took a little work getting used to the new keywords, but I think after a couple of contests, I’ll figure out how to use them.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:19 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Gimme a couple hours and I’ll have cards to you.

EDIT: Done. Cards sent via PM.
menace64
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:18 pm
The War for Middle-earth #4

There aren’t any new winning cards this time, so I’ll just skip right down to the voting! Anyone can vote, but make sure not to vote for your own.

Group 1: Men: A new Mumak possession; this can deal with intimidation or rage.

A.
3 Wild Mumakil Men
Possession • Mount
Strength +3
Bearer must be a Men Man.
Each time bearer loses a skirmish, you may make bearer strength +2, fierce, and gain rage until the regroup phase.
- menace64

B.
4 Wizened Mumak Men
Possession • Mount
Strength: +4
Bearer gains rage. (The Shadow player may take the first Skirmish action during skirmishes involving this minion.)
Skirmish: Exert bearer or remove 2 threats to make bearer strength +1.
Common
- Thonnas7

C.
3 Great Beast of Harad Men
Possession • Mount
Strength: +3
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be a Men man. Bearer is fierce and enduring.
While bearer is wounded, bearer gains rage.
Regroup: Discard bearer and remove a threat to take control of a site.
Uncommon
- NBarden

D.
4 •Oliphaunt of Far Harad Men
Possession • Mount
Strength +3
Vitality +1
Bearer is fierce.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you make a Men minion gain intimidation until the regroup phase.
Response: If a companion or ally is killed during a skirmish involving bearer, you may exert bearer to take control of a site.
- DainIronfoot

E.
2 Thundering Mumak Men
Possession • Mount
Strength: +2
While you can spot 2 threats, bearer gains intimidation.
Skirmish:
Remove two threats and exert bearer to make him strength +3.
- CarpeGuitarrem

Group 2: Shire: A card dealing with the taming of Smeagol.

A.
1 A Past Recalled Shire
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Frodo and Smeagol, and each has resistance 6 or more, each is strength +1.
“‘…what did you call me?’”
- menace64

B.
0 I’ll Cut Your Throat Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Hobbit bearing a hand weapon and play Smeagol from your discard pile to discard a minion.
Rare
- Thonnas7

C.
4 •The Taming of Smeagol Shire
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Epic. Toil 1.
Smeagol is strength +2 and Gollum is strength –2.
Skirmish: Discard this condition and exert a ring-bound hobbit to play Smeagol from your discard pile and discard Gollum.
Rare
- NBarden

D.
2 •The Taming of Sméagol Shire
Condition • Support Area
Epic. Tale. To play, spot two Ring-bound Hobbits.
While you can spot Sméagol, Gollum minions may not be played.
“‘Sméagol,’ said Gollum suddenly and clearly, opening his eyes wide and staring at Frodo with a strange light. ‘Sméagol will swear on the Precious.’”
- DainIronfoot

E.
1 Act of Pity Shire
Event • Fellowship
Add a burden (or spot an Elven possession) to play Smeagol from your draw deck. You may spot Frodo to remove 2.
- CarpeGuitarrem

Group 3: Uruk-hai: Shagrat, using the new Rage keyword; possibly utilizing some kind of Orc-Hate.

A.
5 •Shagrat, Uruk Captain Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength-13
Vitality-3
Roaming-6
Damage +1. While you can spot an Uruk-hai Uruk-hai, Shagrat’s site number is -3.
Each time an Orc takes a wound, you may make an Uruk-hai Uruk-hai gain rage until the regroup phase.
- menace64

B.
7 •Shagrat, Bloodthirsty Captain Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 13
Vitality: 3
Site Number: 5
Damage +1. Rage. (The Shadow player may take the first Skirmish action during skirmishes involving this minion.)
Skirmish: Exert Shagrat to make another Uruk-hai strength +1 until the regroup phase (or strength +2 if you cannot spot an Orc).
Uncommon
- Thonnas7

C.
5 •Shagrat, Enraged Commander Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Site Number: 6
Rage.
Skirmish:
Exert Shagrat to exert a companion he is skirmishing.
Uncommon
- NBarden

D.
5 •Shagrat, Captain of the Dark Tower Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Site: 6
Damage +1. Rage.
Each time you play an Uruk-hai Uruk-hai (including Shagrat), you may discard an Orc from play or from hand to make that Uruk-hai twilight cost -3 and gain rage until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Exert Shagrat and an enraged Uruk-hai Uruk-hai skirmishing a companion to discard a possession or artifact borne by that companion.
“‘Now, now. I have my orders. And it’s more than my belly’s worth, or yours, to break ‘em.’”
- DainIronfoot

E.
2 •Shagrat, Vicious Uruk Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 5
Site: 4
Hunter 1.
When you play Shagrat, you may discard an Orc Orc to make Shagrat gain rage.
Each time you play a skirmish event during Shagrat’s skirmish, you may exert him to make him strength +1.
- CarpeGuitarrem

---

Today I’d like to focus on the new Ent subculture in this set. I’m going to keep the parameters fairly simple. PM me your entries.

Gandalf: A unique Ent that has not been made before. This will be pretty hard, simply because there aren’t that many named Ents (and I’m looking for a specific name; that name is up to you to find or create). This Ent needs to showcase the new Intimidation keyword. Don’t forget to make this one a *new* Ent!

Gandalf: An event or condition that can give Ents (or just 1 Ent) Intimidation. Make it as flavorful as you can!

Gandalf: The Ents wiped the floor with the Orcs of Isengard. Recreate that with this card.

Have fun!
Last edited by menace64 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:38 pm
If I can vote, I’d like to vote for:

Group 1:
E. It gives bearer rage, and a skirmish action to boot. I just liked it.

Group 2:
A. I love fighting frodo/fighting smeagol. My only regret is that this card wouldn’t work with the Deagol-discard Smeagol. But it does make OTHER smeagols slightly more playable.

Group 3:
I like D. It’s just... a load of fun and powerful abilities, what uruks are made for. rawr.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards