LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:18 pm
No, it’s not too late. I’m trying to wait for Dain.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:36 pm
Ok, sending my PM.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:51 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
PM’d you. It was very interesting!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sorry I am going to have to drop out.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:19 pm
The War for Middle-earth #2

Dain, sorry man. I’m impatient and I think we’ve got enough entries to move on.

Here’s how voting works.

I’ve grouped all the entries into 3 groups. Simply pick your favorite from each group, excluding your own of course. The winning keyword from each will become a highlight of the set.

And I’ll go ahead and break any ties, if it comes to it.

Group 1: Keyword for both companions and minions, symbolizing a paralyzing fear that characters have (like the Witch-king and the Balrog).

A.
Horror X (While skirmishing a character with twilight cost less than X, this character may not take wounds.)
- menace64

B.
Intimidation. (During skirmishes involving this character, the opponent may not use skirmish special abilities.)
- AnxiousChieftain

C.
Terror (Each time you play this minion you may choose a companion (except the Ringbearer) that companion loses their game text until the regroup phase)
- Turin06

D.
Intimidate. (This minion may not be assigned to skirmish a companion with a strength of 6 or lower.)
- Thonnas7

E.
Intimidating (Each time this character wins a skirmish, the first opposing player must exert one of their characters assigned to a skirmish).
- CarpeGuitarrem

F.
Enraged (Each character skirmishing this character loses all special abilities)
- NBarden

Group 2: Keyword for conditions and/or events, showcasing a pivotal moment in the movie or a moment that has the potential to save or destroy everything. Examples include Gollum and Frodo fighting inside Mount Doom and the Entmoot.

A.
Fate (When this card is placed in the discard pile from play, you may reconcile your hand.)
- menace64

B.
Epic. (This condition cannot be discarded from play.)
- AnxiousChieftain

C.
Turning Point A keyword for support area conditions. each time a companion wins a skirmish you can place a token on a turning point. Each of them then has something you can do with those tokens when you get a certain amount. you can only have one turning point in play at once.
- Turin06

D.
Decision X. (You may add [X] to play this event in a different phase.)
- Thonnas7

E.
Epic (Each time an epic character wins a skirmish, the losing character’s owner must discard three cards from play. Each time an epic character loses a skirmish, his or her owner must discard two cards from play).
- CarpeGuitarrem

F.
Legendary (When this card is played, add one Free Peoples/Shadow legend point)
Additional Notes:
Free People/Shadow legend points are played to your support area. Cards manipulate legend points, to benefit you. Note on legendary cards. Legendary cards are by default restricted.
- NBarden

Group 3: Keyword representing some aspect of combat.

A.
Hardy X (When this character’s skirmish resolves, if it has X strength less than the opposing character, this character takes only 1 wound.)
- menace64

B.
Rage. (The Shadow player may take the first Skirmish action during skirmishes involving this minion.)
- AnxiousChieftain

C.
Courage X (If this companion is assigned to skirmish a minion with double or more strength than this companion this companion is strength +X)
- Turin06

D.
Stealth X. (While you can spot a minion with 12 strength or higher this minion is strength +X.)
- Thonnas7

E.
Strike [X] (At the start of the assignment phase, you may remove [X] to play this minion as if from hand).
- CarpeGuitarrem

F.
Sneak (This minion is played and assigned facedown and is not revealed until after his skirmish is started)
- NBarden

You can go ahead and leave a reply here with your votes.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
thonnas7
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:54 pm
My votes: BBF.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:23 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Group 1:
D-Very interesting idea, and the most usable for Freeps and Shadow.

Group 2:
A-I like.

Group 3:
B-A very interesting concept, and one that could easily swing the tide.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
menace64
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:55 pm
I think I’ll go ahead and vote.

D
B
B
Riddle 9

Who am I?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:43 pm
F
A
E
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:19 pm
B
B
B

Menace, weren’t we supposed to send you cards using the text as well?

And AC, on number one, aren’t our keywords, well...identical?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards