LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Hama, Northman?

5 (best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

85%
  [ 6 ]  85%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:12 pm

Another companion for Rohan’s new "Let the Ring-bearer fight!" deck. Rolling Eyes

I’m not sold on the wisdom of playing a deck like that at all, and I’m also not convinced that Hama, Northman would make the cut. He can’t be played alongside the more powerful Eomer, Northman as a starting companion, and for later additions to the fellowship I think there may be stronger choices available.

You neNOLINKver know, that last paragraph might be proven entirely wrong when Rise of Saruman is released, but at the moment this looks like a mediocre card.
Last edited by Cobra on Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
menace64
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:18 pm
Purely from an impulsive organizer’s point of view, I am extremely unhappy with both this card and Spirit of the White Tree.

They’re both in the wrong spots!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:41 pm
Whoa, I hope I’m not the only person who thinks that the picture is odd-looking.

Anyways, I think I would rather use either of other 2 versions of Hama instead of this one; Hama, Doorward of Theoden doesn’t rely on the Ring-bearer skirmishing, and Hama, Captain of the King’s Guard is useful against all decks with possessions (doesn’t matter if they’re support area possessions or hand weapons!).
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
corvus
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:52 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Cobra wrote:
I’m not sold on the wisdom of playing a deck like that at all, and I’m also not convinced that Hama, Northman would make the cut.

Does that imply sth about this strategies cards’ prices? Wink
Anyway, just the fourth card made for this strategy, i cannot have a full opinion until i see the rest of them.

Dark voice says: the tale of the great ring!!!
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:36 pm
Another possession geared Hama, only worse.

BTW, letting the Ring-Bearer fight isn’t that crazy of an idea, I used to run a Frodo/ Gandalf, Leader of the Company deck with Bounder and Frodo was pretty tough to kill. A whole deck built around letting the ring-bearer fight would be pretty sweet, and Where Now the Horse? would keep Frodo from being knocked off that easily. Especially if you play four copies and spot the same guy each time.

Anyway, I think that Hama’s (sole) strength lies with how the ring-bearer cushion deck is built, cause its not that easy to just knock off the RB. But there are better copies of hama out there, even for RB cushion.

(to Corvus’ "dark voice", power according to his stature Razz )
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:52 pm
i was just thinking. what if they release a rohan ring bearer.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:08 pm
Then there would be no point to Where Now the Horse?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:13 pm
yeah, it wouldn’t make much sense, unless the shire will be adding to the fighting frodo strategy.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:16 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Hmm...I really see that D is pushing this "Make Frodo fight" strategy for Rohan. The question is...will there be a few cards that pull it all together, or is it just fancy talk?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
masswelter13
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:50 pm
Yeah...
Personaly, i do not use many pumpups for my minions, so I think that that card is pretty much worthless...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion