LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Vicious Warg?

5 (best)  
80%
  [ 4 ]  80%

20%
  [ 1 ]  20%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 5
Cobra
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:56 pm

The first Warg revealed for the Orc culture, and it’s a beautiful card indeed.

Strength +4 and fierce are pretty nice on their own, but what’s really interesting is the +2 vitality bonus. There are plenty of Orcs that really like exerting, and become almost broken when gifted with so much extra vitality. A few of them can ride the Vicious Warg:

Scouting Orc -- deal three wounds before the skirmish even resolves!

Moria Menace -- exert three times for a potentially overwhelming strength bonus!

Orc Miscreant -- add up to four burdens if you can keep this guy safe through the regroup phase! Drool (Even if not, you’ll still probably be able to add a burden or two.)

Troll’s Keyward, Keeper of the Beast might even be a possibility... Anyone want to suggest a decklist for that combo? Laughing
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:56 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Gagnut would love the Troll’s Keyward, Keeper of the Beast combo...that makes troll swarm even nastier!

But yes, this is a very nice warg, if only for the vitality bonus. Although the gametext wording might have some issues...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bibfortuna25
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:24 am
There’s no issues. If the Orc has strength 9 or less, you can play the warg on him. Simple.
All cards do what they say.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:19 am
Basic cards to a troll deck tossed together.

Troll’s Keyward, Keeper of the Beast x 4
Scurrying Goblin x 4
Vicious Warg x 4
Skulking Goblin x 4
Underdeeps Denizen x 4
Mountain-Troll x 4
Cave Troll of Moria, Savage Menace x 4
Beastly Olog-hai x 4
Porter Troll x 4

Well...all those orcs play your mountain troll. Scurrying Goblin adds twilight, so, hypothetically, you could play a mountain troll to add 2. (Best case scenario.)

Troll’s Keyward on a warg with tons of trolls in your hand adds massive twilight, and the cave troll of moria is toil so you can exert all the two vitality minons to play him cheap. So, play Troll’s Keyward to add tons of twilight, play a swarm of orcs exert ’em and play the cave troll then ditch the orcs for the mountain troll. The other trolls add twilight from troll’s keyward, and you can play them relatively cheap.

Of course, I’ve never played a troll swarm before, but I think you can configure the deck to play any of the trolls there pretty cheap, and then your swarming orcs play mountain trolls cheap.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:42 pm
Scouting Orc + Vicious Warg + A Defiled Charge x4 = Pain for the Freeps. I’m likin’ the idea of an Orc deck that puts vast amounts of exertions and wounds on the fellowship, and then maybe uses Forced March to move them through Crags of Emyn Muil.

And one of the best things about the Warg is that it’s a common! Very Happy
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:08 pm
well...maybe not the best thing...I kinda like the vitality bonus... Laughing
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:06 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
WARGS are back! And now they are half-decent. Since they can go on more minions they actually can do something, but they may have gone from to specialized to not quite specialized enough.
Also out of curiosity if you played it on a minion wouldn’t it theoretically have to much strength to bear it then?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Cobra
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:18 pm
Doesn’t matter; you check when you’re about to play it, and that’s it.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 pm
which means, alway play the warg before the hand weapons and armor.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:26 pm
Alright, here’s an interesting thought: can you reduce the strength of your own minions? Here’s one way to do it, although it relies on the Free People’s player having Glimpse of Fate:

1: Play your Orc minion (Black Gate Sentry is ideal).
2: Use Great Cost (or another card) to drop a card from the Free People’s hand.
3: If they lose initiative, they are forced to make Black Gate Sentry have -4 strength.
4: Since Black Gate Sentry now has only 8 strength, play Vicious Warg on him.

Definitely not something that you can do often (since it relies on Glimpse of Fate), but still, it would be a funny situation. Smile
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion