LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Lothlorien Guides?

5 (best)  
50%
  [ 3 ]  50%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

33%
  [ 2 ]  33%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:08 pm

More solid condition removal for the Elven Elven culture. Two twilight (added when the Shadow player might not even be able to use it) discards one condition, or two conditions under the right circumstances.

This card reminds me a lot of Secret Sentinels... Perhaps less powerful than Sentinels was back in the day, but also more widely playable. The real question is: will Lothlorien Guides win out over Seclusion? It could certainly be argued either way, but my money’s on the Guides.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
It kicks seclusion’s little reclusive butt. It cost 1 less, and though the spotting requirement is heavier, it can discard 2 conditions. I like it.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:33 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
This card is great! (note to self: PREORDER precious, yesss preorder!!!) definetely equal to and maybe better than seclusion, this card gives elves their massive condition removal. A must for any elven deck. Confused Or any refuge deck...
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:06 pm
Pros of both cards:

Seclusion

1: Less spotting requirements, good for Legolas splashes in a dwarf deck or a multicultural deck.

2: In an elf choke, can be played for free due to toil if necessary (or 1). Great with Legolas’ Bow.

Guides

1: Cheaper

2: Potentially discards two shadow conditions, blade tip/ black breath killer at the same time.

So I guess it depends on the deck you use. Elf decks just got a new card, but multicultural/splashes will stick with seclusion.

~nbarden
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:22 pm
Wonderful card for straight Elven decks, but my Three Hunters deck has to stick with Seclusion (since Legolas is the only Elf in that deck).

Awesome picture, by the way. Applause
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:56 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Wonderful card for straight Elven decks, but my Three Hunters deck has to stick with Seclusion (since Legolas is the only Elf in that deck).

Exactly my point. Splashes and multicultural decks have to stick with seclusion, while straight elf decks can use the Guides.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:58 pm
Well, if you use Dinedal in a three hunters wounding deck (or any other follower, whatever you prefer) this card could still beat out seclusion... possibly.

Personally, I love events like these. It makes some decks cry to see a few of thier key conditions sent down the drain.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:14 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Pretty nice...I like this better than Seclusion...although it’s been noted already that both have their uses. I especially like the second part of the gametext.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:35 pm
Of course, if you don’t knock out hatred stirred, or if an opponent plays host of moria, legion of the underdeeps
shieldelf
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:40 am
i like it (mostly cuz i think the best decks are elf decks Wink )
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion