LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Falls of Rauros?

5 (best)  
66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

33%
  [ 2 ]  33%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:33 pm

Now this is the most interesting site I’ve seen in a long while! Remove a companion from the dead pile, and that companion no longer counts for character uniqueness, or for the Rule of Nine. A large-fellowship deck like Ents could potentially play ten companions over the course of the game.

More importantly IMO, any deck that runs multiple copies of companions (like the typical 4x Gandalf splash) can use Falls of Rauros as a sort of insurance policy in case it becomes necessary to sacrifice a companion in the early game. Lose a companion you know you’ll draw again, have a nice funeral and send the body down the Falls, then just play another copy!
Last edited by Cobra on Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
macheteman
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:36 pm
wow. i never thought of that. that is really sweet.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:42 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
A very interesting card, one that bends and breaks the Rule of 9 to the maximum. I think it’s very good for the Freeps. You can get companions out of the dead pile and replay them, and you can break that nasty Rule. Time for human shields, people!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:06 pm
This card make Three Hunters decks much more reliable. Now, if one of the Hunters dies, you can easily bring him back to life.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:14 pm
Twisted Evil I can’t wait to pair it with new merry/pippin, farmer maggot, ent deck. I can hypothetically play 13 companions throughout the course of the game. (Thanks to warmed up a bit)
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:49 pm
This would be cool with Sam, Nice Sensible Hobbit. Start Frodo R-B, smeagol, and sam. Let frodo die, ring goes to sam. Flip out this site, remove frodo. Then, play Frodo, Frenzied Fighter. Now, you have an R-B that can never be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled, plus you could replace him with frodo in a skirmish.

All in all, a very good card, mayybe a bit broken...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:28 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Very probably abusable. You play it as site 4 then replace it and play the next site etc. possible bringing in 3 companions back. Another Combo if you have multiple Gandalfs, Borne Far away. You get your first gandalf but your key companion just died, so using borne far away you switch places then use falls of ruaros to pave the way for your next copy.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:54 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
This site is the reason to play mount doom as site 4. What a broken card...
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:19 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
elf lvr wrote:
This would be cool with Sam, Nice Sensible Hobbit. Start Frodo R-B, smeagol, and sam. Let frodo die, ring goes to sam. Flip out this site, remove frodo. Then, play Frodo, Frenzied Fighter. Now, you have an R-B that can never be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled, plus you could replace him with frodo in a skirmish.

All in all, a very good card, mayybe a bit broken...

Or you could just start Frodo, Frenzied Fighter... Razz
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:25 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Or you could just start Frodo, Frenzied Fighter... Razz

Actually, no. the whole point is to make that Sam the RB.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion