LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:20 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

4Aragorn, Captain of the Rohirrim Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Signet: Théoden
Valiant. All unique Rohan companions gain the Aragorn signet.
While Aragorn bears no Gondor artifacts, he is also a Rohan Man.
Archery: Spot three Rohan or Elven characters bearing ranged weapons and exert one of them to make the fellowship archery total +1 (limit twice per turn).
“‘The men have found their captain. They will follow you....’”
it works

3Haldir, Warrior of Lórien Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Signet: Elrond
Archer. To play, spot 2 Elven companions.
Haldir is strength -1 for each site an opponent controls (limit -3).
Archery or Skirmish: Exert an Elf companion or archer companion and discard two cards from hand (or one card if at a battleground) to wound an Orc or Uruk-hai.
Haldir rallied two hundred of the elves of Lothlórien to join him, and together they marched, bearing the banners of their Lady Galadriel....
to many ors in the second ability i would make it Archery or Skirmish: Exert an archer companion and discard two cards from hand (or one card if at a battleground) to wound an Orc or Uruk-hai. still to many ors but IO can’t figure out what else to cut.

1Sword of Lothlórien Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf. When you play this weapon, exert bearer or add two threats.
If bearer is exhausted, he or she is damage +1.
If bearer is Haldir, he is enduring.
a sword that benifits on exertions. very interesting. I like it oh and have a GP for these DC’s

3 Huorn of Fangorn Gandalf
Companion • Tree
Strength: 5
Resistance: 5
While you can spot an Orc or Uruk-hai, this companion is damage +1.
This companion is strength +1 for each Tree and Ent you can spot (limit +4).
“‘...the Ents with all their rustling Huorns behind.’”
a lot like the other one but worse in some ways. cut cost to 2.

2Sam, The Stouthearted Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Signet: Frodo
Ring-bound.
Regroup: Exert Sam twice to remove a burden or a Shadow condition borne by a Ring-bound Hobbit.
Response: If Frodo dies while bearing The One Ring, make Sam the Ring-bearer (resistance 5).
“‘‘I want to hear more about Sam, dad. Why didn’t they put in more of his talk, dad?...And Frodo wouldn’t have got far without Sam, would he, dad?’’”
perfect.

2Gollum, Brings Nice Food Gollum
Minion
Site: 3
When you play Gollum, you may remove a threat to make his twilight cost -1.
Shadow: Exert Gollum X times to make a Gollum minion strength +X.
“Gollum withdrew himself, and a green glint flickered under his heavy lids. Almost spider-like he looked now, crouched back on his bent limbs, with his protruding eyes.”
it works

<2>•Théoden King Isengard
Minion • Man
Vitality: 2
Site: 3
Lurker.
To play, spot Saruman or Gríma. May not play if you can spot Théoden.
Théoden cannot be played.
All other Isengard Men are strength +1. All Rohan Men are strength -1.
“‘Why should I welcome you, Gandalf Stormcrow?’”
you cannot play Theoden while Theoden is in play. or something like that

6Saruman & Gríma, The Wizard and the Worm Isengard
Minions • Wizard & Man
Strength: 11
Site: 4
Saruman & Gríma may not take wounds during the archery phase and may not be assigned to a skirmish.
When you play Saruman & Gríma, you may play an Isengard machine from your draw deck.
Shadow: Exert Saruman & Gríma to make an Isengard minion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
2 guys in one? that’s weird. but kinda cool in a way. nothing to say

4Flight Was Impossible Raider
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1.
At the start of each archery phase, you may spot a Raider archer and remove X threats to make the minion archery total +X (limit +2).
“The voices and the clink of weapons and harness were very close....”
)

ow almost overpowered if you can do it turn after turn, you could cut cost to 3 or 2, and make it remove 1 threat to make the archery total +1.

oh and bye the way you wouldn’t know me I ma exclusive to this site and have 3500 posts if you count my member’s lounge spamming. And since you will be discovering this anyway, I am official Spammer on this joint.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:49 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
menace64 wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

4Thorin, Oakenshield Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Signet: Gandalf
Damage +1.
While you can spot a Dwarf and a non-Dwarf companion, Thorin’s twilight cost is -2.
Maneuver: Exert Thorin and spot X Free Peoples races (limit 4) to make X unbound companions strength +1 (or +2 if that companion has the Thorin signet) until the regroup phase. Limit once per turn.
“‘To me! To me! Elves and Men! To me! O my kinsfolk!’ he cried, and his voice shook like a horn in the valley.”

Oh wow. Signets. These *must* be old. Laughing
Still, I like it. Very Quest of Erebor-ish.

Thanks. And yeah, my four sets that I was working on back in the day (and am taking up again) use signets for some companions and resistance for others. I had two new signets: Thorin and Elrond. I figured the Dwarven and Elven cultures could use a signet to call their own.

Of course, I also use more cultures like Sauron, Raider, and Moria and less (if any) of new ones like Orc and Men, so don’t worry; EVERYTHING is old-school. Razz

menace64 wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

3Isildur, Son of Elendil Gondor
Companion • Man
Resistance: 6
Knight.
Maneuver: Add a threat to take a discarded Gondor or Elven weapon into your hand.
Assignment: Exert Isildur to assign him to a minion another character has been assigned to.
“‘It was at this moment, when all hope was lost, that Isildur, son of the king, took up his father’s sword....’”

"Maneuver: Add a threat to take a Gondor or Elven weapon in your discard pile into hand."

You got it.

menace64 wrote:
I’m not sure I understand the assignment action. I know what it’s supposed to do, but I’m not sure why you’d ever do it. Just assign the minion you want to him.

What it’s SUPPOSED to do is allow you to assign Isildur to a minion that another of your companions is already assigned to. If I understood the rules back then correctly, that’s something you couldn’t normally do; one companion per minion. Did I understand that wrong, or has that changed?

menace64 wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2Bilbo, Expert Burglar Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Signet: Gandalf
Ring-bearer (resistance Cool.
Each time the fellowship moves, add two threats. If you cannot, add a burden instead.
Fellowship: Exert Bilbo to play a Shire event or condition from your discard pile. If it is a stealth card, its twilight cost is -1.
“He put the ring in his pocket almost without thinking: certainly it did not seem of any particular use at the moment.”

I think you can get rid of that penalty entirely. He’s fine without it (maybe give him Ring-bound too?).

Yeah, be probably should be Ring-bound. I think I had the penalty because it seemed like all the early alternate Ring-bearers had a penalty of some kind.

I guess he should probably cost 0 too, huh?

menace64 wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

<14>•Smaug, Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities Orc
Minion • Dragon
Strength: 16
Vitality: 6
Site: 9
Lurker. Damage +1. Fierce.
Smaug may not take wounds during the archery phase and may not bear possessions.
Smaug is strength +2 for each threat you can spot (limit +6).
“‘My armour is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!’”

Very awesome. Site 9 roaming... cool beans!

Thanks. I’m rather proud of this guy. I have another version that focuses on archery...I’ll post that again soon.

menace64 wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

4Great Goblin, Truly Tremendous One Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 9
Lurker. Fierce.
To play, spot a Moria Orc.
Each time a Moria Orc wins a skirmish, you may exert Great Goblin twice to capture a character in that skirmish.
“‘Murderers and elf-friends!...Take them away to dark holes full of snakes, and never let them see the light again!’”

Drop Truly from the subtitle, methinks.

I did that because that’s exactly how one of his minions refers to him.
menace64 wrote:
Fierce should come before Lurker.

Good call. Will do.
menace64 wrote:
Capture, eh? I have no idea what that does.

I’ll post the full concept soon, but in a nutshell:

Capturing is a new concept in my sets, in which captured characters are placed in your support area. Captured characters cannot be used by their owner, and the player who captured them can get some benefits from them. They can only become "un-captured" when their owner rescues them somehow. Basically rescuing (and capturing) works much the same way as site liberation (and control). That’s probably the easiest way of putting it.

Once I get rolling, capturing/rescuing cards will be some of the first I post, so you’ll get a better feel for it soon.

menace64 wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 More To Come Yet Orc
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: If there are fewer than 2 cards stacked here, spot your Orc Troll to stack that minion here.
Shadow: Remove a threat to play a Troll stacked here as if played from hand.
Maneuver: Spot a minion stacked here and discard this condition to capture a companion.
“‘...we’d best get out of the light.’”

Weird card. Not sure it would all fit in one gametext box, though. More capturing...

I think I might have to cut the lore, yes, but I THINK it would all fit.

menace64 wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2Quest of Erebor Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot three Dwarves and another Free Peoples race (except Elf).
Each time a Dwarf companion moves to a mountain or underground site, you may remove 1.
“‘I do not suppose that when it started Thorin had any real hope of destroying Smaug. There was no hope. Yet it happened.’”

Neat, but pointless. Costs 2, then a whole bunch of spotting for... 1 twilight a turn? Nah.
Err... hmm. Just reread it... and yeah, this can *really* pack a punch! It’s for each Dwarf! Wowzers. Well, I’d say a limit of 3 or 4.

Limit’s a good idea. I’ll do that.

menace64 wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

4Gandalf, Disturber of the Peace Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Signet: Frodo
If Gandalf is in your starting fellowship and you can spot a Hobbit, his twilight cost is -1.
Maneuver: Exert Gandalf twice (or once if you can spot a Ring-bound Hobbit) to take a tale into hand from your discard pile.
“‘If you’re referring to the incident with the dragon, I was barely involved. All I did was give your uncle a little nudge out of the door.’”

Always a good subtitle.
Awesome utility Gandalf. I like him.

One of my favorites, too. I don’t want to toot my own horn, but this is one of the ones I’m really proud of. Smile

menace64 wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

3Boromir, Captain of the White Tower Gondor
Companion • Man
Resistance: 6
Knight.
If you can spot another two Gondor companions, Boromir is damage +1.
Regroup: Exert Boromir and another two Gondor Men (or one knight) to liberate a site.
“‘Never again will the land of my people fall into enemy hands!’”

Yes! FP needs more site liberation!

Especially these days, it seems.

menace64 wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2You Will Taste Man Flesh Isengard
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot three Isengard Uruk-hai.
Each time the Free Peoples player increases the move limit, you may exert an Isengard Uruk-hai to wound a Man companion.
“‘Do not stop until they are found. You do not know pain. You do not know fear....’”

I suppose it’s all right (while not terribly useful).

Yeah, it can be useless, so-so, or pretty good to have around. Depends entirely on what the FP player does.

menace64 wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2Gimli, Stout and Strong Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Signet: Thorin
Damage +1.
Assignment: Spot a wounded companion assigned to a skirmish and exert Gimli to make him strength +1 and defender +1 until the regroup phase.
“‘Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!’”

I think LotR TCG has exhausted that quote in the lore. Find something else. Wink

Really? I couldn’t find it back in the day when I made this, but perhaps I missed something. Or perhaps it’s a more recent card. It HAS been over a year and half....
menace64 wrote:
Pretty easy to pull off, I’d say. Not sure how to fix him, though.

Yeah, he’s pretty powerful. Maybe make it strength +1 OR defender +1?

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Companion • Elf
Archery or Skirmish: Exert an Elf companion or archer companion and discard two cards from hand (or one card if at a battleground) to wound an Orc or Uruk-hai.
Haldir rallied two hundred of the elves of Lothlórien to join him, and together they marched, bearing the banners of their Lady Galadriel....

to many ors in the second ability i would make it Archery or Skirmish: Exert an archer companion and discard two cards from hand (or one card if at a battleground) to wound an Orc or Uruk-hai. still to many ors but IO can’t figure out what else to cut.

Too many ors? There’s only the two....

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1Sword of Lothlórien Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf. When you play this weapon, exert bearer or add two threats.
If bearer is exhausted, he or she is damage +1.
If bearer is Haldir, he is enduring.

a sword that benifits on exertions. very interesting. I like it oh and have a GP for these DC’s

Thanks.

That reminds me...how do GPs work in these forums? You just click the link and it automatically adds a GP to that person? Because mine still shows 0. Crying or Very sad

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

3 Huorn of Fangorn Gandalf
Companion • Tree
Resistance: 5
While you can spot an Orc or Uruk-hai, this companion is damage +1.
This companion is strength +1 for each Tree and Ent you can spot (limit +4).
“‘...the Ents with all their rustling Huorns behind.’”

a lot like the other one but worse in some ways. cut cost to 2.

Yeah, I guess you’re right. Good call.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

6Saruman & Gríma, The Wizard and the Worm Isengard
Minions • Wizard & Man
Strength: 11
Saruman & Gríma may not take wounds during the archery phase and may not be assigned to a skirmish.
When you play Saruman & Gríma, you may play an Isengard machine from your draw deck.
Shadow: Exert Saruman & Gríma to make an Isengard minion strength +2 until the regroup phase.

2 guys in one? that’s weird. but kinda cool in a way. nothing to say

Yeah, I have a few of those in my sets. Legolas/Gimli, Merry/Pippin, Nazgul pairs, even a Frodo/Sam ringbearer. Smile I’ll post them over time.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

4Flight Was Impossible Raider
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1.
At the start of each archery phase, you may spot a Raider archer and remove X threats to make the minion archery total +X (limit +2).
“The voices and the clink of weapons and harness were very close....”
)

ow almost overpowered if you can do it turn after turn, you could cut cost to 3 or 2, and make it remove 1 threat to make the archery total +1.

I’ll consider that. It would certainly work, but I’m not sure at this moment which I’d like better. I’ll think on it.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
oh and bye the way you wouldn’t know me I ma exclusive to this site and have 3500 posts if you count my member’s lounge spamming. And since you will be discovering this anyway, I am official Spammer on this joint.

Heheh. Good to "meet" you then. I was around the old Decipher DC board for a couple years and dropped off the face of the earth there about a year and a half ago.

Thanks for the reviews, guys.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:01 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Companion • Elf

Too many ors? There’s only the two....
thers companion OR archer, hand (Or one and orc OR uruk-hai

Yeah, I have a few of those in my sets. Legolas/Gimli, Merry/Pippin, Nazgul pairs, even a Frodo/Sam ringbearer. Smile I’ll post them over time.

i want to see them Shocked
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:04 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

i want to see them Shocked

All in good time. Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards