LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Throne of the Golden Hall?

5 (best)  
33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:11 am

Most of the time this card will just provide an Eowyn, Lady of Rohan-esque response ability, and I don’t think it’s worth playing for that purpose alone.

However, there are some nasty decks involving a fighting Grima, and we’ll almost definitely see some fighting Saruman decks as well. Throne of the Golden Hall is fantastic against those particular decktypes, so it could become a strong choice for a post-Rise of Saruman meta.

Weak overall, but it does have a purpose -- I’ll give it a three.

Theoden’s armrests are carved like horses. Who knew? Laughing
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:59 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it could work well with Aragorn, northman’s high health combo’ed with anduril, he could prevent a lot of wounds. Also its a cool artifact, another one i have to get. wah.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:26 am
Great wound prevention, but keep in mind that not allowing Grima or Saruman to skirmish can be a double-edged sword. Saruman, Curunir (for example) would love to sit out for a couple of fights and leave his vitality for his skirmish ability.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:07 pm
I like its response ability. Rohan has always had a problem with damage +1 uruk-hai, but now...

Oh, and maybe exerting the new Eomer twice with a heavy chain and someone else taking his wound? That would be sweet! Who says Eomer has to sacrifice himself?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion