LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Eomer, Northman?

5 (best)  
16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:11 am

Well, let’s see here...

Eomer, Northman is naturally damage +1; no complaints there!

He can sometimes be strength +3, a very nice benefit. But who wants to risk assigning the Ring-bearer to a skirmish? Unless your deck has tons of RB protection, Eomer won’t be getting that bonus very often.

If he’s mounted, you can exert him to make him defender +1. At first I thought this was also a pretty minor ability, since a mounted Eomer is often defender +1 anyway, but since the bonus is stackable an extra defender +1 can still be very useful. In Rise of Saruman, Eomer teaches Aragorn how to be a valiant Rohan man, and in return Aragorn teaches Eomer how to take one for the team. (See Aragorn, Ranger of the North.) Laughing

There’s one significant drawback to the new version of Eomer, however: he doesn’t get his typical -1 twilight cost while you can spot another Rohan companion, which means Rohan lovers who want to use Eomer, Northman will have to change their starting lineup.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
macheteman
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:15 am
the strength +3 bonus comes in handy against swarm. and sometimes alternate ring-bearers. but yeah, pretty minor.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:18 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Although I’m wondering...if there’s going to be some other cards regarding this whole thing of assigning the RB to a skirmish.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:38 am
Where Now the Horse is one... I don’t like it much though, it merely replaces one form of risk with another.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:48 am
I think Rohan is going to have a whole ring-bearer protection deck. Killer Frodo, maybe? Or maybe an alternate Rohan ring-bearer (In my dreams. Crying or Very sad ).

Altogether, Third Marshall of the Cheatermark ain’t going nowhere. (he’s a lot tougher). I give this one a 2, he’s not playable in Rohan decks. Now if there were no TMotR...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:55 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
which there isn’t in standard, but the hunters one still is probably better, but if they lean towards that assign a minion to the ring-bearer cream the minions hiney and reap the benefits strategy, we could be seeing more of him.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:57 am
I’ll take Eomer, Horsemaster over Northman. The whole assign-the-RB strategy seems too risky, so I’m not going to use it unless a lot of cool things are shown that help out with it.

The maneuver ability can be good, especially with a Coif. At site 9, turn Eomer into a defender +3 sacrificial cow! Laughing
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion