LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Orkish Assassin?

5 (best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

75%
  [ 3 ]  75%

1 (worst)  
25%
  [ 1 ]  25%

Total Votes : 4
Cobra
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:25 pm

Could be a good choice if you often see followers, but even then you won’t really get an army of strength +2 Orcs; all you’ll do is prevent followers from being used at one site (or if you’re lucky, for one turn). I’d say this guy is filler material at best.

Plus, isn’t the phrase "vile villain" a little redundant? Think
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:29 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
He’s OK, but if shadow followers happen, which if you look at the Q&A thread looks like they might, he could be beastly. So I won’t judge him until all the cards are spoiled proverbially.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:05 pm
That could be why he says: "... attached to a companion..."
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:40 pm
The lore always struck me as poorly put together.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:56 am
Very bad card and you’re right, it only filters. But, he does get to ride a warg. And with Riding Gear, Mordor scimitar and 4x Feral Ride, he’s strength 33!

Course, you can say that about anybody, just this one stinks more so I used it on him, only good thing you can say about him. And I have to say something interesting, cause I’ve got to comment on every thread.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:38 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:
Very bad card and you’re right, it only filters. But, he does get to ride a warg. And with Riding Gear, Mordor scimitar and 4x Feral Ride, he’s strength 33!

Course, you can say that about anybody, just this one stinks more so I used it on him, only good thing you can say about him. And I have to say something interesting, cause I’ve got to comment on every thread.

that wasn’t very interesting JK LOL

No comments on my shadow followers statement? From what Brad has hinted at and the logic people have given at the discussion thread, they are making a shadow follower Saruman.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:59 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:

that wasn’t very interesting JK LOL

A strength 33 minion NOT INTERESTING?!?!?!

Ok, so it was rather boring. Hey, he’s great with decks that discard cards from hand to do stuff. Except Grimbeorn...

And I think the idea of shadow followers would be cool.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:26 pm
Hmm... he could be nice if played after the fellowship double-moves, since a follower stays attached for the entire turn. The Freeps attaches a follower during the first move, moves again, and you fetch back several copies of Orkish Assassin with Goblin Hordes.

Still, I don’t think he’s all that great, but if your meta is follower-heavy then he can definitely be useful.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Gate Troll
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:33 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
This is an card that depends on your opponent’s deck. If he is playing lots
of followers; Great! If not, nope. Orkish Assassin is not a card to keep in your
deck permanently.
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
Cobra
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:22 am
He’d be a good sideboard choice... Wink
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion