LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:09 pm
thonnas7 wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 •True-silver Treasury Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert 2 Dwarves.
At the start of each maneuver phase, you may add 1 to add a Dwarven token here.
Fellowship: Remove 2 Dwarven tokens from here to play a Dwarven possession or Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.

I like it. You know, if you wanted to, you could probably make it un-unique.

Done.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 Great Works Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Exert a Dwarf twice that is damage +X to reinforce X Dwarven tokens. That Dwarf loses all damage bonuses until the regroup phase.

Perhaps a little bit harsh. I think that with the twilight cost and the loss of bonuses for a while, you could make it just one exertion.

I lowered the twilight cost to 1. I wanted to keep it at 2 exertions, since some Dwarves can get very high damage bonuses, which could really reinforce a ton of tokens.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 •True-silver Treasury Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert 2 Dwarves.
At the start of each maneuver phase, you may add 1 to add a Dwarven token here.
Fellowship: Remove 2 Dwarven tokens from here to play a Dwarven possession or Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.

I think this would be a perfect candidate for some toil. I’d up the cost to 3, make it spot 2 Dwarves, and add in a toil 1. It just has that flavor to it, at least to me.

Sounds good.

Thanks for the reviews! I think I’m done posting DCs for today - 12 is a lot, and I need to work more on finishing the card titles of a couple cultures.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:57 pm
Next up: Orcs! The Orc culture is very large in this set: 26 cards. It’ll have 2 main strategies. Strategy #1 is site control. Strategy #2 is Ring-bearer hate, and will be included in a starter deck.

Let’s start off with strategy #2.

5 •Morgul Commander Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 10
Vitality: 3
Site Number: 4
While the Ring-bearer is exhausted, Orc minions cannot take wounds.
While you cannot spot any other minions, this minion cannot take wounds.

(this guy likes to live. Wink)

3 •Dark Host Orc
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play an Orc minion, you may remove 2 and exert an Orc minion to exert the Ring-bearer.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make an Orc minion strength +1 for each wound on the Ring-bearer (and damage +1 if the Ring-bearer is exhausted).

(pretty much a staple card in the new decktype.)

2 Morgul Footman Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Vitality: 1
Regroup: Exert another Orc minion, discard this minion, and remove 3 to wound the Ring-bearer.

(weak stats, but he can pack a punch if he somehow survives till regroup! he also makes a nice combo with Morgul Comander.)

0 Morgul Banner Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Orc minion.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may spot 2 wounds on the Ring-bearer to make each Orc minion strength +1 until the regroup phase.

(made in the manner of Banner of Isengard and Banner of the Eye.)
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:59 am; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:09 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Lucky for you, we’re home sick from church this morning (and my wife is sleeping), so you get a review. Smile

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Next up: Orcs! The Orc culture is very large in this set: 26 cards. It’ll have 2 main strategies. Strategy #1 is site control. Strategy #2 is Ring-bearer hate, and will be included in a starter deck.

Sounds good. Let’s get this show on the road!

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
5 •Morgul Commander Orc
Minion • Orc
While the Ring-bearer is exhausted, Orc minions cannot take wounds.
While you cannot spot any other minions, this minion cannot take wounds.

(this guy likes to live. Wink)

Yes, he does indeed. Razz Seems balanced, though.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
3 •Dark Host Orc
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play an Orc minion, you may remove 2 to exert the Ring-bearer.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make an Orc minion strength +1 for each wound on the Ring-bearer (and damage +1 if the Ring-bearer is exhausted).

I can see why it’s a staple. This card and the Morgul Commander make a very powerful new Orc strategy all by themselves! Maybe, just maybe, it would be better to remove 1 and a threat for the RB exertions, just so it doesn’t get TOO out of hand.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 Morgul Footman Orc
Minion • Orc
Regroup: Exert another Orc minion, discard this minion, and remove 3 to wound the Ring-bearer.

(weak stats, but he can pack a punch if he somehow survives till regroup! he also makes a nice combo with Morgul Ravager.)

I can’t find the Ravager, but I like the punch he can pack, yeah.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
0 Morgul Banner Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Orc minion.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may spot 2 wounds on the Ring-bearer to make each Orc minion strength +1 until the regroup phase.

(made in the manner of Banner of Isengard and Banner of the Eye.)

Nice. Just like the old-school banners from the Two Towers days. Good stuff.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:03 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
3 •Dark Host Orc
Condition • Support Area

I can see why it’s a staple. This card and the Morgul Commander make a very powerful new Orc strategy all by themselves! Maybe, just maybe, it would be better to remove 1 and a threat for the RB exertions, just so it doesn’t get TOO out of hand.

That’d normally be a good cost... but these minions won’t have any way to add threats, so the ability would really be able to be used. Instead, I’ll make it also exert an Orc minion.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 Morgul Footman Orc
Minion • Orc

(weak stats, but he can pack a punch if he somehow survives till regroup! he also makes a nice combo with Morgul Ravager.)

Whoops, meant the Morgul Commander. Right before I posted these cards I changed the title from Ravager to Commander, and I just forgot to edit that part. Embarassed

Thanks for the reviews! GP

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:09 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
3 •Dark Host Orc
Condition • Support Area

That’d normally be a good cost... but these minions won’t have any way to add threats, so the ability would really be able to be used. Instead, I’ll make it also exert an Orc minion.

That works.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 Morgul Footman Orc
Minion • Orc

Whoops, meant the Morgul Commander. Right before I posted these cards I changed the title from Ravager to Commander, and I just forgot to edit that part. Embarassed

In that case, yes, it’s a good combo. Easy way to keep the Footman alive until he really comes in useful.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:23 pm
More Ring-bearer hatin’.

1 Morgul Marcher Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 4
While you can spot 2 wounds on the Ring-bearer, each minion that has the title Morgul Marcher is strength +3.

0 Overmatched Orc
Condition
Strength -1
To play, exert an Orc minion. Plays on a companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Maneuver: Heal the Ring-bearer three times to return bearer to its owner’s hand.

4 Morgul Plunderer Orc
Minion • Orc
Skirmish: Exert this minion to make the Free Peoples player exert the Ring-bearer or wound an unbound companion.

1 Rank Upon Rank Orc
Event • Skirmish
If you can spot 6 companions, you may play this event from your discard pile. Then remove this event from the game.
Make an Orc minion strength +1 for each wound on the Ring-bearer.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:07 am; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
thonnas7
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:55 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 Morgul Marcher Orc
Minion • Orc
While you can spot 2 wounds on the Ring-bearer, each minion that has the title Morgul Marcher is strength +3.

You could probably say ’Morgul Marcher is strength +3’. It would work the same way.

0 Overmatched Orc
Condition
Strength -1
To play, exert an Orc minion. Plays on a companion.
Maneuver: Heal the Ring-bearer three times to return bearer to its owner’s hand.

I think there should be a limit of one per bearer. Otherwise, good.

4 Morgul Plunderer Orc
Minion • Orc
Skirmish: Exert this minion to make the Free Peoples player exert the Ring-bearer or wound an unbound companion.

Perfect, although it should be if he is skirmishing an unbound companion, in my opinion.

1 Rank Upon Rank Orc
Event • Skirmish
If you can spot 6 companions, you may play this event from your discard pile. Then remove this event from the game.

Honestly, I think you could drop the cost to 0. Either way though. Nice card.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:07 am
thonnas7 wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 Morgul Marcher Orc
Minion • Orc

You could probably say ’Morgul Marcher is strength +3’. It would work the same way.
I just worded it like Orc Reaper.

0 Overmatched Orc
Condition
Strength -1
To play, exert an Orc minion. Plays on a companion.

I think there should be a limit of one per bearer. Otherwise, good.
I suppose so...
4 Morgul Plunderer Orc
Minion • Orc

Perfect, although it should be if he is skirmishing an unbound companion, in my opinion.
Well, if it’s perfect, I’ll leave it as it is. Wink
1 Rank Upon Rank Orc
Event • Skirmish

Honestly, I think you could drop the cost to 0. Either way though. Nice card.
I wanted to keep it at 1, so that you couldn’t play 4 copies of this from your discard pile for free.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
thonnas7
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:38 pm
Good points AC. Also, I didn’t even know Orc Reaper existed. Wink
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:25 pm
Here’s the rest of the Orc cards that focus on Ring-bearer wounding:

9 •Battalion of Orcs Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 18
Site Number: 5
Fierce.
This minion is twilight cost -2 for each wound on the Ring-bearer.
Skirmish: Heal the Ring-bearer to make an Orc minion strength +2.
Skirmish: Heal the Ring-bearer to make an Orc minion fierce until the regroup phase.

0 Fury Orc
Event • Response
If an Orc minion takes a wound (except during the skirmish phase) or is discarded by a Free Peoples card, exert the Ring-bearer.

3 Morgul Trooper Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 7
While you can spot 2 wounds on the Ring-bearer, this minion is strength +3 and damage +1.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards