LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:42 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 •Dunhere, Dunharrow Villager Rohan
Follower
Strength +1
Aid - 3.
When you transfer Dunhere to a Rohan hunter, you may exert that hunter to take a Rohan event into hand from your discard pile.

(yeah, powerful... but Rohan needs a boost.)

Yeah, it’s powerful, but it’s certainly expensive, so that’s okay.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
0 Enheartened Rohan
Event • Response
If a Rohan Man wins a skirmish, make a non-unique Rohan companion strength +4 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.

Holy crapo! That kind of thing has to have SOME cost. I know it’s limited to non-unique companions, but still. At least make it cost 1.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 •Muster the Rohirrim Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Rohan follower, you may add 1 to play a Rohan possession from your draw deck.
Fellowship: Spot 3 Rohan followers to heal 2 Rohan Men. Discard this condition.

Perhaps make the first ability work when you actually transfer the follower to a companion instead. Just seems cooler somehow. *shrug*

The rest is great.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 Rohirrim Gauntlet Rohan
Possession • Gauntlets
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Rohan Man.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to make a minion skirmishing bearer lose fierce until the regroup phase. That minion may exert to prevent this.

Yay, gauntlets! My only complaint is that the title should probably be "Gauntlets". Hey, I had to come up with something. Smile

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
4 •Saruman, Locked in his Tower Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Site Number: 4
Saruman may not take wounds during the archery phase and may not be assigned to a skirmish.
When you play Saruman, you may add a threat for each companion over 5 you can spot.
Shadow: Remove 3 threats to exert a companion or reveal the Free People player’s hand.

Old-school Saruman. I like. Very Happy

Like Thonnas, I think his second ability is a bit steep, especially since you’re not likely to add a ton of threats when you play him with all these small fellowships these days. 2 threats would probably be okay.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:46 am
Changes made. Thanks for the reviews!

3 •Military Prowess Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Each Rohan companion at a battleground is strength +1 for each wound on each minion he or she is skirmishing.
Assignment: Exert 3 mounted Rohan Men. Until the regroup phase, each time a minion is assigned to skirmish one of those Men, exhaust that minion.

2 Rohirrim Armorer Rohan
Follower
Aid - 2.
To play, spot 2 Rohan Men.
When you transfer this follower to a companion, you may play a possession on him or her from your discard pile.

1 Spear of the Golden Hall Rohan
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
While bearer is at a plains or battleground site, bearer gains hunter 1.

3 •Theoden, Victorious King Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
Valiant. Hunter 1.
While Theoden is skirmishing an Uruk-hai, he is intimidating.
Regroup: Transfer a Rohan follower borne by Theoden to your support area to wound a minion.

Here’s what that keyword does:

Intimidating. (During skirmishes involving this character, the opponent may not use skirmish special abilities.)

Obviously this is a fairly powerful keyword, so it won’t be super easy to get.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:59 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
3 •Military Prowess Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Each Rohan companion at a battleground is strength +1 for each wound on each minion he or she is skirmishing.
Assignment: Exert 3 mounted Rohan Men. Until the regroup phase, each time a minion is assigned to skirmish one of those Men, exhaust that minion.

Yikes! That card is awesome. Don’t change a thing.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 Rohirrim Armorer Rohan
Follower
Aid - 2.
To play, spot 2 Rohan Men.
When you transfer this follower to a companion, you may play a possession on him or her from your discard pile.

Perfect. A little expensive, but that’s okay. Followers tend to be expensive for my taste anyway.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 Spear of the Golden Hall Rohan
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
While bearer is at a plains or battleground site, bearer gains hunter 1.

You know I’m not a big fan of hunter stuff, but that’s a pretty good use of it.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.
Regroup: Transfer a Rohan follower borne by Theoden to your support area to wound a minion.

Here’s what that keyword does:

Intimidating. (During skirmishes involving this character, the opponent may not use skirmish special abilities.)

Obviously this is a fairly powerful keyword, so it won’t be super easy to get.

Neato. I understand why you did Uruk-hai for Theoden, but I almost think Man would be better. I dunno. See what someone else says.

I also like the follower text. That’s a sweet idea.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:32 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.

Neato. I understand why you did Uruk-hai for Theoden, but I almost think Man would be better. I dunno. See what someone else says.

Hmm... because he fought Southrons, or Dunlendings? This version was kinda a Helm’s Deep type of Theoden, so I figured that working against Uruk-hai fit better.

Thanks for the review - have a GP. GP

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:47 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.

Hmm... because he fought Southrons, or Dunlendings? This version was kinda a Helm’s Deep type of Theoden, so I figured that working against Uruk-hai fit better.

Thanks for the review - have a GP. GP

Yay! GP!

I got the impression it was a RotK version, but if he’s a Helm’s Deep guy, then yeah, Uruks are best.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:56 pm
Movin’ right along. Dwarven! Their focus in this set is tokens.

2 •Axe of Erebor, Reliable Blade Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Dwarven token.
Skirmish: If bearer is Gimli, remove 2 Dwarven tokens from a condition and exert Gimli to exert a minion skirmishing an unbound companion.

1 Cavernous Hall Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot a Dwarf to add a Dwarven token here.
Fellowship: Remove a token from here and add a threat to heal an unbound companion.

1 Crushing Blow Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Remove up to 3 tokens from a Dwarven condition to wound a minion skirmishing a Dwarf once for every token removed in this way.

2 •Gimli, Courageous Warrior Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Damage +1.
Gimli is strength +1 (limit +4) for each Dwarven condition with a Dwarven token on it.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:43 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 •Axe of Erebor, Reliable Blade Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Dwarven token.
Skirmish: If bearer is Gimli, remove 2 Dwarven tokens from a condition and exert Gimli to exert a minion skirmishing an unbound companion.

Not sure why you reduced the twilight cost from 2 to 1, but I would change it back, personally. Other than that, looks pretty good.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 Cavernous Hall Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot a Dwarf to add a Dwarven token here.
Fellowship: Remove a token from here and add a threat to heal an unbound companion.

Yep. That’s good.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 Crushing Blow Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Remove up to 3 tokens from a Dwarven condition to wound a minion skirmishing a Dwarf once for every token removed in this way.

Good stuff.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 •Gimli, Courageous Warrior Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
Gimli is strength +1 (limit +4) for each Dwarven condition with a Dwarven token on it.

Awesome.

Yeah, other than the cost on the Axe, these all look fine to me. Well done! Have a GP. I really owe you one for your speedy reviews lately, anyway. Smile
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:16 pm
Alright, Axe of Erebor now costs 2. For some reason I had been thinking that the original version only cost 1. Embarassed

And, since I’ve got a cold and have nothing else to do, here’s the rest of the Dwarven culture:

2 •Gimli, TirelessNOLINK Hunter Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
While you can spot Aragorn and Legolas (and both of them are hunters), the move limit is +1.

1 Great Works Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Exert a Dwarf twice that is damage +X to reinforce X Dwarven tokens. That Dwarf loses all damage bonuses until the regroup phase.

3 True-silver Treasury Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1. To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
At the start of each maneuver phase, you may add 1 to add a Dwarven token here.
Fellowship: Remove 2 Dwarven tokens from here to play a Dwarven possession or Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.

2 Dwarven Smith Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 5
Resistance: 6
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may remove a Dwarven token from a condition to draw a card.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
thonnas7
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:32 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Alright, Axe of Erebor now costs 2. For some reason I had been thinking that the original version only cost 1. Embarassed

And, since I’ve got a cold and have nothing else to do, here’s the rest of the Dwarven culture:

2 •Gimli, Tireless Hunter Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
While you can spot Aragorn and Legolas (and both of them are hunters), the move limit is +1.

The text could use some tweaking. It’s kind of awkward wording, but I don’t see any other way.

2 Great Works Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Exert a Dwarf twice that is damage +X to reinforce X Dwarven tokens. That Dwarf loses all damage bonuses until the regroup phase.

Nice, I like it.

2 •True-silver Treasury Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert 2 Dwarves.
Fellowship: Remove 2 Dwarven tokens from here to play a Dwarven possession or Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.

I like it. You know, if you wanted to, you could probably make it un-unique.

2 Dwarven Smith Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may remove a Dwarven token from a condition to draw a card.

This is a really nice card. GP for you.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:35 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:

And since I can’t work on my midterm at work and I’m between projects and, therefore, have nothing else to do either, I’ll review ’em! Very Happy

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 •Gimli, Tireless Hunter Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Hunter 1.

Interesting. Could easily be inferior to Gimli, Eager Hunter, but could also be quite superior. With the emphasis placed on Aragorn/Legolas/Gimli fellowships in others sets, especially The Hunters, I think this is a very nice card. Very specific, very limited, but quite good.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 Great Works Dwarven
Event • Fellowship

Perhaps a little bit harsh. I think that with the twilight cost and the loss of bonuses for a while, you could make it just one exertion.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 •True-silver Treasury Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert 2 Dwarves.

I think this would be a perfect candidate for some toil. I’d up the cost to 3, make it spot 2 Dwarves, and add in a toil 1. It just has that flavor to it, at least to me.

Other than that, looks good. And it looks fine even if you don’t take the toil suggestion, don’t get me wrong. Just struck me as a good card to slap it on. *shrug*

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 Dwarven Smith Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf

Good, they could use another non-unique companion. And this one shines rather nicely, especially in your token-heavy strategy. I like him exactly as he is.

Oh, and if you’re truly bored you could always take a look at my newest cards.... Rolling Eyes

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards