LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:

2 •Gollum, Deceiving Guide Gollum
Minion
Strength: 5
Vitality: 4
Site Number: 3
When you play Gollum, you may exert him to play Shelob from your discard pile.
Skirmish: Exert Gollum twice to exert a companion skirmishing a Gollum minion.
works for me

1 Endless Brooding Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Exert Shelob to add a threat. Add an additional threat for each companion who has resistance 2 or less.
how about spot gollum to add...

1 Stench of Death Gollum
Condition
Resistance -2
To play, spot Shelob.
Bearer must be an unbound companion (limit 1 per bearer).
When you play this condition, you may remove a threat or a burden to exert bearer.

fine by me

Good cards AC!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:08 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Minion

Good stuff!

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Exert Shelob to add a threat. Add an additional threat for each companion who has resistance 2 or less.

Here, I think the exertion is okay. Good show.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 Stench of Death Gollum
Condition
Resistance -2
To play, spot Shelob.
When you play this condition, you may remove a threat or a burden to exert bearer.

Cool! GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:57 pm
Now for the Men culture. At 18 cards, they will have 2 strategies in this set: lowering resistance and trying to take initiative.

Resistance lowering guys will come first. Thumbs Up

2 •Grima, Pale Advisor Men
Minion • Man
Strength: 4
Vitality: 3
When you play Grima, you may make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) resistance -2 until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Exert Grima to make a companion who has resistance 2 or less strength -2.

5 Rohirrim Brute Men
Minion • Man
Strength: 12
Site Number: 4
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may exert an unbound companion (or wound that companion if he or she has resistance 2 or less).

0 Treacherous Counsel Men
Event • Shadow
Exert a Men Man (or spot Grima) to make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) resistance -3 until the regroup phase. If that companion then has resistance 0, you may discard a card borne by that companion.

1 Ill News is an Ill Guest Men
Event • Skirmish
Make a Men minion strength +2 (or +3 and damage +1 if skirmishing a companion who has resistance 3 or less).
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:21 pm; edited 4 times in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:08 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Minion • Man
Resistance: 3
When you play Grima, you may make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) resistance -2 until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Exert Grima to make a companion who has resistance 2 or less strength -2.

Um, he looks fine, except for the fact that he has resistance and not a site number. Wink

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
5 Rohirrim Brute Men
Minion • Man
Strength: 11
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may exert a companion (or wound that companion if he or she has resistance 2 or less).

Nice card, but a little underpowered. I would raise his strength to 12.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Event • Shadow
Exert a Men Man (or spot Grima) to make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) resistance -3 until the regroup phase. If that companion now has 0 resistance, you may discard each card borne by that companion.

Very impressive! GP

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Make a Men minion strength +2 (or +4 if skirmishing a companion who has resistance 3 or less).

Balanced, yet useful. Nice cards! Applause
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:23 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Minion • Man
Resistance: 3

Um, he looks fine, except for the fact that he has resistance and not a site number. Wink

Embarassed

Nice catch. Now he has a site number. Mr. Green

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
5 Rohirrim Brute Men
Minion • Man
Strength: 11
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may exert a companion (or wound that companion if he or she has resistance 2 or less).

Nice card, but a little underpowered. I would raise his strength to 12.

Done.

Thanks for the review! GP

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:40 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Minion • Man

I like how you can use his "when you play" text and then follow up with his skirmish ability that same turn in many cases. Nice one-two punch.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
5 Rohirrim Brute Men
Minion • Man

Shocked Who is this guy, Andre the Giant?

He’s fine, just...having trouble imagining a single Man that strong. But hey, Decipher’s done it, so why not?

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Event • Shadow
Exert a Men Man (or spot Grima) to make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) resistance -3 until the regroup phase. If that companion now has 0 resistance, you may discard each card borne by that companion.

Personally, I think "now" should be "then" instead. I’d also recommend raising the cost to 1.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Make a Men minion strength +2 (or +4 if skirmishing a companion who has resistance 3 or less).

Perfect simple pump. Good stuff.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:52 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Now for the Men culture. At 18 cards, they will have 2 strategies in this set: lowering resistance and trying to take initiative.

Resistance lowering guys will come first. Thumbs Up

Minion • Man

Nice. Although making a companion strength -8 is kinda....powerful. He’s beating Treebeard with a just a Pavise for Pete’s sake! Somehow, the though of Grima beating Treebeard over the head with a shield...never mind.

5 Rohirrim Brute Men
Minion • Man

WHOA! I’d say, powerful. Maybe add except the ring-bearer?

Event • Shadow

I’ve tried not to use this word often, but it is Broken. First, discard each card borne by a companion, thanks to Grima, exhaust Grima to then make him strength -8, make a man strength +4 with the next pump, and if that doesn’t kill him, he then gets wounded by that Rohirrim Brute. Sorry, its really broken.

Event • Skirmish

Nice, but note the aforementioned combo
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:02 am
Yikes. Good catches there, NB. I really need to go to bed, methinks. Silenced

Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:45 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
0 •Smeagol, Two-faced Sneak Gollum
Companion
Strength: 3
Resistance: 5
Ring-bound. To play, add a burden.
Each time Smeagol wins a skirmish, you may add a burden and discard Smeagol to take a Shadow card into hand from your discard pile.

Ninja Gollum loves this card. Twisted Evil

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
0 Bound to the Quest Gollum
Condition • Support Area
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may spot Frodo and Sam to play Smeagol from your discard pile.

Great in conjuncture with the above card. You just have to worry about corruption. If only Ents of Fangorn was legal in standard. Very Happy

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
0 Secret Stair Gollum
Event • Fellowship
Exert Smeagol and spot Frodo and Sam to play the fellowship’s next site. Until the regroup phase, each minion played at that site must exert.

Classic Gollum site manipulation. No complaints.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 •We Must Go at Once Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Discard Smeagol to heal a companion.
Regroup: Discard Smeagol to remove 3.

Works well with the cards Dáin mentioned. Good job.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
6 •Shelob, Always Hungry Gollum
Minion • Spider
Strength: 8
Vitality: 8
Site Number: 8
Fierce. Hunter 3.
Shelob is strength +1 for each wound on each character in her skirmish.
While Shelob is skirmishing a non-hunter, she is damage +1.

Not quite as powerful as some of the older Shelobs, but good nevertheless.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 •Growing Fear Gollum
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may spot Shelob to make an unbound companion resistance -3 until the regroup phase.
Shadow: Spot X companions with resistance 3 or less to play Shelob; her twilight cost is -X. Discard this condition.

Nice. No comments.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
0 Sudden Bound Gollum
Event • Skirmish
Make Shelob strength +2 (or strength +3 and damage +1 if she is skirmishing a companion with resistance 2 or less).

Simple pump with a nice added effect.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Minion

Interesting. I like how he works with Shelob, Always Hungry; exert Gollum to give Shelob a strength +1 bonus. If Shelob wins the skirmish (which is usually likely), the character takes another wound. Could create some very lovely combinations. Very Happy

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Exert Shelob to add a threat. Then you may spot Gollum to add an additional threat for each companion who has resistance 2 or less.

Simple and effective. Works well with the Gollum threat theme.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 Stench of Death Gollum
Condition
Resistance: -2
To play, spot Shelob.

I really like this card, especially with the Gollum/Shelob exerting combination you’ve established. Bravo.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Minion • Man

Add "until the regroup phase" to his skirmish ability.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
5 Rohirrim Brute Men
Minion • Man

Seems a little undercosted compared to 5 cost Men minions such as Desert Wind. Maybe make him fierce or hunter 1...something. I like the theme, though.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Event • Shadow

Shouldn’t it be worded as "If that companion has resistance 0.."? I could be wrong, but resistance usually comes before the numerical value (Corrupted Spy).

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Event • Skirmish

Nice. It’s fine as it is, but I think it would be essentially cool if you also made the minion damage +1 if you can spot a companion with resistance 0. Have a GP for all the good cards. Mr. Green
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:33 pm
Cards edited. Thanks!

---

0 Dark Dreams Men
Event • Response
If a companion heals, reveal Grima from your hand to exert that companion twice.

3 Edoras Lackey Men
Minion • Man
Strength: 9
Vitality: 2
While this minion is skirmishing a companion who has resistance 3 or less, he is strength +3.

4 Rohirrim Betrayer Men
Minion • Man
Strength: 10
Hunter 1.
When you play this minion, you may remove 1 and spot a companion who has resistance 2 or less to play a Men minion from your discard pile or draw deck.

2 •Bitter Watches of the Night Men
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Men minion wins a skirmish, you may add a Men token here (or 2 tokens if that minion is Grima).
Shadow or Skirmish: Remove 2 tokens from here to make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength -1 or resistance -2 until the regroup phase.

0 Slim Knife Men
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Men Man.
Skirmish: If bearer is skirmishing a companion who has resistance 3 or less, discard this possession to exert that companion (or wound that companion if he or she has resistance 0).

- AC
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:20 pm; edited 4 times in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards