LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:58 pm
--- description ---
A hideous monster deck made of many different parts.
--- end description ---
This is a fun decklist that contains at least one card for every single set (yes, including RoS). I included the collector’s info of each card. Its main focus is on serious assignment abuse and damage bonuses, with some good corruption power.

Decklist, 40 Cards

1R236 Ulaire Toldea, Messenger of Morgul
1R143 Troop of Uruk-hai 2x
1U232 Ulaire lemenya, lieutenant of morgul x2
2R75 Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering fellow
3C69 Saruman, servant of the eye
4C212 Weary 4x
4C189 Uruk Plains Runner x4
5U63 Uruk-hai Berserker
6R46 They stole it
7C53 Captured by the ring x2
8C75 Morgul Creeper
9R+47 Ithil Stone
10R21 Gollum, Mad thing
10R63 Morgul Vanguard
10U22 Reclaim the precious
10R68 Ulaire enquea, thrall of the one x2
11R186 Furious uruk
11R219 Ulaire Attea, Second of the nine riders
12R118 The Mouth of sauron, lieutenant of Barad-dur
12U170 Sense of obligation x2
12R174 Ulaire cantea, black assassin
12R156 Uruk-hai Guard
12U166 Lingering shadow x2
13U177 Weapons of Control
14R13 Horror of Harad
15S164 Mauhur, Relentless Hunter
16R5 Spirit of Dread
17C72 Orkish Assassin

Strategy
This is an awesome and fun build to play. With the Wraith cards, Sense of obligation and lingering shadow add plenty of burdens for Ulaire attea, second of the nine riders and Ulaire toldea, messenger of morgul to exploit, plus it even gets better when Ulaire lemenya, lieutenant of morgul gets out and severely weakens their comps. Ulaire Enquea, thrall of the one deals with the archery, and Black assassin with the large fellowhsip. Spirit of Dread doesn’t do much, except pump himself up to huge amounts. and Morgul Creeper obviously fires out more wounds if you spot enough burdens.

What about the other cards? Weary makes them think extra carefully about who they assign the uruk plains runners to. Get Saruman out, and assigning troop of uruk-hai to an exhausted companion is a game-winner. Most of the other minions have some other assignment game text or special ability to really mess things up. You can use Mauhur, Relentless Hunter to assign to almost any companion. The Mouth of Sauron, the Uruk-hai Guard, Morgul Vanguard, and Gollum, mad thing, and Ferny are extremely fun to use, and don’t forget that Sense of Obligation works with them almost too well.

This build has a very high minion count, and doesn’t cycle too well (except for Ithil Stone and They Stole it help), and low twilight could be a problem. This shadow would probably best be paired with a fast cycling freeps (no pauses/spills, new Gloin, etc). As with most decks, this build should be played differently based on what freeps your opponent playing, and the large variety of minions should be able to counter most deck types.

I hope this was an enjoyable read!

- Celebrimbor
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
sperzdechly
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:47 pm
Does it actually work? Did you test it? It looks like pretty random to me. Some burden, some assigment, some damage, but I cannot see it do any harm during the game. You have to stay focus.
drveni
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:06 pm
Joined: 01 Jan 2007 Posts: 18 Location: Velika Gorica, Croatia
tooo big (maybe for multiplayer)
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:42 pm
Yeah, that’s why I said it would pair with a fast-cycling shadow. Unless a deck is over 40 cards, it (usually), depending on how you play it, still is very powerful. I do have a weakness for large draw decks. Razz
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
JayPL
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:47 am
putting 4x Weary for the sake of only 4 trackers in the deck seems extremely uneffective. Notice that Spirit of Dread cannot pump himself. kind of weird to me. looks like Shadow-rainbow (light-grey to black Wink )
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:59 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
but I’m pretty sure with spirit of dread you could exert him still.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
JayPL
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:24 am
ah yes, you’re right - exertion for enduring bonus, not for +1 bonus
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:02 pm
And also, having to put a card from every single set makes it a lot less effective. Confused (to Jaypl)
My Trading List

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded