LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Loosechange911
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:00 pm
--- description ---
The article on tokens inspired me to create a token deck. This one is slightly different in that it uses a fighting gimli and rb galadriel, but it similar in many oher regards. Here it goes!
--- end description ---

Type your decklist and strategy notes here.

Galagriel, Bearer of Wisdom
One Ring, Answer to all the Riddles
Legolas, Archer of Mirkwood
Gimli, Eager Hunter

Aragorn, DoFP x3
Arwen, She Elf x2

Elf Sword x3
Ranger’s Sword
Dwarven Axe
Ring of Fury
Nenya, Ring of Adamant
Asfaloth x2
Aragorn’s Bow
Bow of the Galadhrim

Last Alliance of Elves and Men
Endurance of Dwarves x2
Final Count x2
My Axe is Notched x2
Strength in Arms x2
Strands of Elven Hair x2
Chamber of Records x2
Focus x2

Lend us Your Aid x4

Yes I know I rely heavily on conditions. Yes I know saruman’s power owns this deck. But it looks like a great deck to play. A healthy dose of tokens with increibly powerful companions, combined with the coolest card ever, Lend us Your Aid! Focus, Legolas and Aragorn all provide healing and aragorn’s bow and bow of the galadrhim protect against swarm. I guess corruption would be a problem, but meh, this deck is just for fun anyway.

how does this look?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:06 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
looks good. Though strands of elven hair would survive a condition swipe. Gimli, Feared Axeman could protect dwarven conditions.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Loosechange911
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:16 pm
yes he could, but the extra 3str and the synergy with focus i think outways him protecting dwarf conditions. Maybe if it was any condition Smile
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:19 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Nice...maybe you could find a way to toss in more Gondor possessions and Guarded City? To use with Heirs of Gondor.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
drveni
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:48 pm
Joined: 01 Jan 2007 Posts: 18 Location: Velika Gorica, Croatia
I like the idea! Think it’s a great deck but (there’s always but)...

1. Play Gimli, Feared Axeman ’cause you depend on those conditions alot

2. or... Play Gimli, Bearer of Grudges + The One Ring, The Ring of Rings and Start Legolas and Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath (that’s your 9 strenght companion in starting Cool)

Galadriel is not a good ring-bearer for this deck ’cause she has only 6 resistance and that is pretty easy to corrupt and it’s wery easy to make Gimli
(at least) 10 resistance

example:
Gimli, Bearer of Grudges dmg +1 res 4
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings res +2
Ring of Fury +1 dmg +2
Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon ..add 2 threats... +3 dmg +1

.. and that’s 10 strength 3 vitality and 10 resistance ring-bearer with only two cards taken from draw deck... then you can take out nenya, Chamber of Records ×2. and Focus ×2...

take out Strands of Elven Hair ×2 ’cause it’s not that good (you are taking two card slots in your deck to MAYBE draw 3)...

Now it’s 30 card ... if you want to add any I recomend Elf-song ×4 so Gimli can fight few times or can be saved from corruption

3. or... play frodo ring-bearer and don’t play Last Alliance (I think it’s one strategy too much)

Hope I helped
legoles3333
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:52 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Well The Only Card That would kinda help with Saruman’s Power is The Board Is Set but you have to have gandalf for that so it doesnt really help
drveni
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:55 am
Joined: 01 Jan 2007 Posts: 18 Location: Velika Gorica, Croatia
Yes. But he is not playing gandalf.

I really think that you shoud drop some conditions (as I already said)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded