LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Naphtali
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:39 pm
What is the overall status on lotr tcg tournaments in North America? Are there still national tournaments or anything of the sort? Is it just me or does it seem like decipher is kinda giving up on the game? Any information would be appreciated.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:36 pm
Sorry, I really don’t know the answer. But I do know that most normal tournaments are not scheduled anymore; there are only 12 tournies scheduled on Decipher’s site for the entire US this January.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
menace64
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:39 pm
Tournaments don’t need to be scheduled and run through Decipher anymore.

All you need is a group of players to enter a fee ($3 or so) and then get packs for the winners.

On that note, it seems signs of life in Wichita are popping up. I’ve got a nice-sized playing group forming.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:06 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Really? Any place I can get info on that? Not that I play regularly, but...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
menace64
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:02 pm
It kind of happened on accident... I got a couple boxes for Christmas, and a couple friends (5, to be exact) were over and I built them all decks. Now they’re all interested in playing (even if it’s with just my cards).

My brother is getting interested again 6, and I have another friend I need to bring into the fold 7. Counting me 8, and that’s a sanctioned tournament.

I think it’ll be a little while before they’re all ready for serious play, though. Most of them need a lot more training. Wink
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:42 am
Tournament sanctioning only requires 6 people now and for the tournament to be posted in the Decipher site. Although I don’t know how many sanctioned tournaments there still are since people generally don’t like paying the D-Tax ($1 for tournament entry fees) and then not getting any prize support.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm
Hang on, 6 people is a sanctioned tournament?

We have a group of 12 playing informally in the Wichita area. Let me know, menace, if you get a tournament set up. Of course, if we play, it would have to be open or expanded, because half of us don’t even have enough standard legal cards to build a deck.

And of course, we’d have to ban my friend’s knight/orc deck from play so that someone could beat him for once. Smile
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
menace64
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:01 pm
More Wichitans!!??!

But yeah, none of us play strict standard. I just let them build decks with any cards they like.

I will definately let you and Carpe know when things get planned. It shouldn’t be too long.
Riddle 9

Who am I?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:45 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
No enforced deck styles...sounds pretty cool. I’ve finally got a small-sized collection now (a heap of C/U, and a few handfuls of rares). Too bad Prarie Dog isn’t around any more...I hear they used to run tournies.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
menace64
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:48 am
Actually Prairie Dog is still around, they just moved a bit east.

I don’t have an address, but they’re (exactly) just north from the Towne West mall. It’s a little shopping complex. Their place is a *lot* bigger now.

And yeah, I used to be a regular at their tournaments (And Blue Horse’s before that).

But - if you haven’t yet - go by C&R Comics (immediately North of East High). They’re pretty cool, and I’ve talked with the owner enough to be able to get LotR going.
Riddle 9

Who am I?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion