LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:10 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
menace64 wrote:
0 Dark Powers [Sith]
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a [Sith] minion is played, spot 3 burdens to make that minion damage +1 while skirmishing a companion with resistance 4 or less. Discard this condition.
Response: If a [Sith] minion is played, spot 5 burdens to make that minion strength +4 until the regroup phase and damage +1 while skirmishing a companion with resistance 4 or less. Discard this condition.
2U140
Sweetness. I like this one. Although maybe it should be unique.
1 The Dealings of Tyranus [Sith]
Event • Dark Side
Exert a [Sith] minion (or spot Dooku) to reveal the top 3 cards of your draw deck. Play a revealed minion.
2C142
"You may play..." Otherwise, excellent work. Don’t forget to say what happens to the revealed cards...I’m thinking you’ll be wanting to put them back on top of the deck.
5 •Dooku, Darth Tyranus [Sith]
Minion • Human
Strength-11
Vitality-3
Roaming-5
Duelist.
While you can spot a minion of another culture, Dooku gains shroud.
Skirmish: Exert a minion of another culture to make a companion skirmishing Dooku strength -1.
2R143
But why not "Count Dooku"? That’s a mighty powerful minion...but I like it.
(This is the first time I’ve used Shroud, which is:
Shroud (At the start of this minion’s skirmish, you may remove [X]. The opposing companion’s strength must be X more than this minion’s strength in order for the Light Side player to win the skirmish.)

1 Emergency Powers [Sith]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion loses a skirmish, you may exert a [Sith] minion to add a [Sith] token here.
Dark Side: Remove 3 [Sith] tokens here and spot a [Sith] minion to make that minion gain shroud until the regroup phase. Discard this condition.
2R144
Nice. I like this one.
0 He’s Still Alive [Sith]
Event • Response
If a [Sith] minion loses a skirmish, remove a burden to heal that minion and make it fierce until the regroup phase.
2U146
Ouch!!
5 •Mara, Arica [Sith]
Minion • Human
Strength-10
Vitality-3
Roaming-5
When you play Mara, spot a companion. Until the regroup phase, Mara is strength +3 and damage +1 while skirmishing that companion.
Mara may be spotted as a [Criminal] minion.
2R147
Very interesting and good.
1 Palpatine’s Ambition [Sith]
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, spot a [Sith] minion with vitality X to add X [Sith] tokens here.
Skirmish: Remove a [Sith] token here or discard this condition to make a [Sith] minion skirmishing an undestined companion strength +1.
2U148
Nice. And balanced.
0 •Undercover Mission [Sith]
Condition • Support Area
Your Mara may not take wounds.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make Mara strength +4.
2U150
Very good!
There you have it. One more culture finished.

Next Up: I’ve been avoiding it, but I’ll do the Rebels.

Set Completion Count: 102/164 - 62%

About Shroud, you should limit it by making it something like this: Shroud-2, just like the Ambush keyword. So you’d be able to remove 2 for the appropriate effect.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
menace64
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:07 am
SoP:
Devastator and Dominance get better.

Overwhelming Defenses... it costs 4 because Imperials lack solid pumps. But I went ahead and made it spot tokens instead of removing them.

Xenophobia’s prevent text is now control of a site.

Well, Prefect’s Office is open to any player, but I’ll go ahead and make it Dark Side only.

Emergency Powers represents Palpatine gaining more power, increasing the potency of the Dark Side which in turn envelops the ability for Jedi to sense him (you know... "the shroud of the Dark Side has fallen").

AC:
I changed Humans are the Future around to fit your idea.

Fear Will Keep Them in Line is reworded, as is A New Hatred.

Xenophobia is worded to let the LS player put the exertions anywhere (all on one companion, or spread out).

CG:
I meant for Dark Powers not to stack... whoops! I’ll fix it!

Shroud has gone through a few different tweaks recently. The first one was limited like you suggested, allowing you to remove 1 or 2 to make the companion need to beat you by that much.
The current one is just Shroud, meaning you can remove as much twilight as you want (X) to make the companion need to beat you by that amount. It’s easier to manage, but I might edit it a bit in the future.

Thanks for all the reviews, guys!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:32 am
Okay, so as odd as it might sound, the Rebel culture in AWH likes it when they lose. I’ll go ahead and post all the Rebel cards in this set, even if I’ve already done them.

1 •Artoo, Glob of Grease [Rebel]
Companion • Droid
Strength-3
Vitality-4
Resistance-8
Droid. To play, spot a [Rebel] companion.
Each time a [Rebel] companion loses a skirmish, you may take a [Rebel] event into hand from your discard pile.
2U115

2 •Bren, Echo Base Officer [Rebel]
Companion • Human
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Resistance-6
While the alliance is in region 1 or region 2, other [Rebel] companions cannot be overwhelmed unless their strength is tripled.
2C116

2 Echo Base Trooper [Rebel]
Companion • Human
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Resistance-6
While this companion is exhausted, he is strength +2.
2C117

1 Effective Adaptations [Rebel]
Condition • Support Area
Each [Rebel] companion bearing a vehicle is strength +1.
Response: If a [Rebel] companion is about to take a wound, remove 3 or discard this condition to prevent that.
2U118

3 Escape Pod [Rebel]
Event • Skirmish
Exert a [Rebel] companion to cancel his or her skirmish.
2R119

2 •Leia, Ice Princess [Rebel]
Companion • Human
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Resistance-7
Destined.
Each exhausted companion is resistance +2.
Each time the alliance moves to a site in region 1 or region 2, you may exert Leia to make each companion with strength 6 or less strength +2 until the regroup phase.
2R120

1 A New Secret Base [Rebel]
Event • Skirmish
Make a [Rebel] companion strength +2 (or +4 if another companion lost a skirmish this turn).
2C121

2 •Planet Defender Ion Cannon [Rebel]
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert a [Rebel] companion.
Each time a [Rebel] companion loses a skirmish, add a [Rebel] token here.
Regroup: Remove 2 [Rebel] tokens here to remove a token from a capital. If that capital then has no tokens remaining on it, discard it.
2R122

1 •Rebel Mechanic [Rebel]
Follower
Resistance +1
Aid - 2. To play, spot a [Rebel] companion.
When you transfer this follower to a companion bearing a ship or vehicle, heal that companion.
2U123

0 The Shield Doors Must be Closed [Rebel]
Condition • Site
To play, spot a [Rebel] companion.
This site loses any keywords it has and gains dwelling and military.
2C124

2 •Threepio, Mindless Philosopher [Rebel]
Companion • Droid
Strength-3
Vitality-4
Droid.
Each time the alliance moves, you may spot a wounded companion to make that companion resistance +2 until the regroup phase.
2U125

One more culture down.

Next Up: More Alien cards.

Set Completion Count: 110/164 - 67%
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:58 pm
menace64 wrote:
Okay, so as odd as it might sound, the Rebel culture in AWH likes it when they lose. I’ll go ahead and post all the Rebel cards in this set, even if I’ve already done them.

1 •Artoo, Glob of Grease [Rebel]
Companion • Droid
Strength-3
Vitality-4
Resistance-8
Droid. To play, spot a [Rebel] companion.
Each time a [Rebel] companion loses a skirmish, you may take a [Rebel] event into hand from your discard pile.
2U115
Very interesting, I like the subtitle. Very Happy
2 •Bren, Echo Base Officer [Rebel]
Companion • Human
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Resistance-6
While the alliance is in region 1 or region 2, other [Rebel] companions cannot be overwhelmed unless their strength is tripled.
2C116
Nice...I see how this ties into the strategy.
2 Echo Base Trooper [Rebel]
Companion • Human
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Resistance-6
While this companion is exhausted, he is strength +2.
2C117
Whoa, like a wraith!
1 Effective Adaptations [Rebel]
Condition • Support Area
Each [Rebel] companion bearing a vehicle is strength +1.
Response: If a [Rebel] companion is about to take a wound, remove 3 or discard this condition to prevent that.
2U118
Sweet, like Hides!
3 Escape Pod [Rebel]
Event • Skirmish
Exert a [Rebel] companion to cancel his or her skirmish.
2R119
Very good implementation of the strategy.
2 •Leia, Ice Princess [Rebel]
Companion • Human
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Resistance-7
Destined.
Each exhausted companion is resistance +2.
Each time the alliance moves to a site in region 1 or region 2, you may exert Leia to make each companion with strength 6 or less strength +2 until the regroup phase.
2R120
You know, I like this one.
1 A New Secret Base [Rebel]
Event • Skirmish
Make a [Rebel] companion strength +2 (or +4 if another companion lost a skirmish this turn).
2C121
Interesting...
2 •Planet Defender Ion Cannon [Rebel]
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert a [Rebel] companion.
Each time a [Rebel] companion loses a skirmish, add a [Rebel] token here.
Regroup: Remove 2 [Rebel] tokens here to remove a token from a capital. If that capital then has no tokens remaining on it, discard it.
2R122
Sweet.
1 •Rebel Mechanic [Rebel]
Follower
Resistance +1
Aid - 2. To play, spot a [Rebel] companion.
When you transfer this follower to a companion bearing a ship or vehicle, heal that companion.
2U123
Good, I like the enforcement.
0 The Shield Doors Must be Closed [Rebel]
Condition • Site
To play, spot a [Rebel] companion.
This site loses any keywords it has and gains dwelling and military.
2C124
Hmm, interesting. I suppose this would eliminate sanctuary as well, right?
2 •Threepio, Mindless Philosopher [Rebel]
Companion • Droid
Strength-3
Vitality-4
Droid.
Each time the alliance moves, you may spot a wounded companion to make that companion resistance +2 until the regroup phase.
2U125
Good.
One more culture down.

Next Up: More Alien cards.

Set Completion Count: 110/164 - 67%

Now...wouldn’t this idea of exhausted Rebels combo with that site waaay back from LotF that didn’t allow exhausted companions to skirmish?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
menace64
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:41 pm
Would sanctuary be canceled? Is it considered a keyword (if that’s the case, I’ll edit the card to ignore that one).

It’s been a few days since my last update (sorry!). I’ve been working on a different aspect of this game, including a third expansion and some other shiny goodies.

So here’s a whole bunch of cards to make up for lost time!

Remember that for now, the exclusive function of the Alien culture is to play minions at various times and getting bonuses from doing so.

1 Bantha [Alien]
Possession • Mount
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Bearer must be an [Alien] minion.
When you play this possession, if bearer is not at a desert site, exert bearer.
2C3

1 Bloodlust [Alien]
Event • Response
If an [Alien] minion with X vitality wins a skirmish, play X [Alien] minions from your hand; each of those minions are twilight cost -2 and fierce until the regroup phase.
2R4

2 •Datcha, Jawa Wrangler [Alien]
Minion • Jawa
Strength-4
Vitality-3
Roaming-2
When you play Datcha, you may play 2 [Alien] possessions from your discard pile.
Each time an [Alien] minion is assigned to a skirmish, you may exert Datcha or remove 2 to take an [Alien] minion into hand from your discard pile.
2U5

1 Jawa Creeper [Alien]
Minion • Jawa
Strength-2
Vitality-3
Roaming-2
Each time you play an [Alien] minion outside the Dark Side phase, you may spot another Jawa to make this minion strength +4 until the regroup phase.
2C13

2 Jawa Lurker [Alien]
Minion • Jawa
Strength-4
Vitality-3
Roaming-2
Each time you play an [Alien] minion outside the Dark Side phase, you may spot 3 [Alien] minions to play this minion from your discard pile.
2U15

2 Jawa Nomad [Alien]
Minion • Jawa
Strength-3
Vitality-3
Roaming-2
When you play this minion, you may exert it to play an [Alien] minion from your discard pile.
2C16

4 Mos Espa Scoundrel [Alien]
Minion • Human
Strength-9
Vitality-2
Roaming-2
Each other [Alien] minion gains ambush 2.
2U22

2 Sandcrawler [Alien]
Possession • Support Area
Each time you play a Jawa, you may stack an [Alien] minion from your discard pile here.
Maneuver: Discard 2 [Alien] minions stacked here to play an [Alien] minion from your draw deck. The Light Side player may remove 2 or a threat.
2C25

6 Tusken Raiders [Alien]
Minion • Tusken
Strength-13
Vitality-2
Roaming-2
Fierce.
Each time you play a Tusken outside the Dark Side phase, you may exert this minion to discard a possession.
2R32

3 Tusken Rampager [Alien]
Minion • Tusken
Strength-8
Vitality-1
Roaming-2
Each time a companion dies, this minion is strength +2 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
2U33

3 Tusken Savage [Alien]
Minion • Tusken
Strength-8
Vitality-1
Each time a companion dies, you may play this minion from your hand; it is strength +6 and fierce until the regroup phase.
2C34

And that’s the rest of the non-savage [Alien] culture!

Up Next: A big chunk of the remaining Criminal culture.

Set Completion Count: 121/164 - 74%
Last edited by menace64 on Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:06 am; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:44 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:
Would sanctuary be canceled? Is it considered a keyword (if that’s the case, I’ll edit the card to ignore that one).

It’s been a few days since my last update (sorry!). I’ve been working on a different aspect of this game, including a third expansion and some other shiny goodies.

So here’s a whole bunch of cards to make up for lost time!

Remember that for now, the exclusive function of the Alien culture is to play minions at various times and getting bonuses from doing so.

1 Bantha [Alien]
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Bearer must be an [Alien] minion.
When you play this possession, if bearer is not at a desert site, exert bearer.
2C3
fine a little underpowered though.

1 Bloodlust [Alien]
Event • Response
If an [Alien] minion with X vitality wins a skirmish, play X [Alien] minions from your hand; each of those minions are twilight cost -2 and fierce until the regroup phase.
2R4
thats good. I would make it cost 2

2 •Datcha, Jawa Wrangler [Alien]
Minion • Jawa
Strength-4
Vitality-3
Roaming-2
When you play Datcha, you may play 2 [Alien] possessions from your discard pile.
Each time an [Alien] minion is assigned to a skirmish, you may exert Datcha or remove 2 to take an [Alien] minion into hand from your discard pile.
2U5
fine

1 Jawa Creeper [Alien]
Minion • Jawa
Strength-2
Vitality-3
Roaming-2
Each time you play an [Alien] minion outside the Dark Side phase, you may spot another Jawa to make this minion strength +4 until the regroup phase.
2C13
what are jawa’s good at? they’re stats are horrible? i guess this guy could get big

2 Jawa Lurker [Alien]
Minion • Jawa
Strength-4
Vitality-3
Roaming-2
Each time you play an [Alien] minion outside the Dark Side phase, you may spot 3 [Alien] minions to play this minion from your discard pile.
2U15
it works

2 Jawa Nomad [Alien]
Minion • Jawa
Strength-3
Vitality-3
Roaming-2
When you play this minion, you may exert it to play an [Alien] minion from your discard pile.
2C16
ditto

4 Mos Espa Scoundrel [Alien]
Minion • Human
Strength-9
Vitality-2
Roaming-2
Each other [Alien] minion gains ambush 2.
2U22
I find it funny that he is a human but is in the alien culture

2 Sandcrawler [Alien]
Possession • Support Area
Each time you play a Jawa, you may stack an [Alien] minion from your discard pile here.
Maneuver: Discard 2 [Alien] minions stacked here to play an [Alien] minion from your draw deck. The Light Side player may remove 2 or a threat.
2C25
so they remove stuff as a penalty of playing the jawa or were you trying to give them a way to prevent it?

6 Tusken Raiders [Alien]
Minion • Tusken
Strength-13
Vitality-2
Roaming-2
Fierce.
Each time you play a Tusken outside the Dark Side phase, you may exert this minion to discard a possession.
2R32
fine

3 Tusken Rampager [Alien]
Minion • Tusken
Strength-8
Vitality-1
Roaming-2
Each time a companion dies, this minion is strength +2 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
2U33
ditto

3 Tusken Savage [Alien]
Minion • Tusken
Strength-8
Vitality-1
Each time a companion dies, you may play this minion from your hand; it is strength +6 and fierce until the regroup phase.
2C34
dah good card

And that’s the rest of the non-savage [Alien] culture!

Up Next: A big chunk of the remaining Criminal culture.

Set Completion Count: 121/164 - 74%
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:29 am
Bumped up Bantha’s strength bonus.

That last bit on the Sandcrawler is just a penalty.

These Criminal cards should be fun.

4 •Assassination Droid [Criminal]
Minion • Droid
Strength-4
Vitality-2
Roaming-4
Droid. To play, spot a [Criminal] minion.
When you play Assassination Droid, spot a Bounty Hunter with vitality X. Each time a companion with resistance X or less is assigned to skirmish this minion, place that companion in the dead pile.
2R59

0 Jet Pack [Criminal]
Possession • Jet Pack
Bearer must be a [Criminal] minion (except a Hutt).
Bearer may not take wounds (except during skirmishes involving bearer).
While bearer is not exhausted, bearer is fierce.
2U77

3 Kaminoan Saber-dart [Criminal]
Event • Crossfire
Exert a Bounty Hunter to discard the top card of the Light Side player’s draw deck. Exert each character of the discarded card’s culture.
2R79

0 Kohoun Worms [Criminal]
Condition
Resistance -1
To play, exert a Bounty Hunter. Bearer must be a companion. Limit 1 per companion.
At the start of the regroup phase, if bearer was assigned to a skirmish (and no other companion was), wound bearer.
2U80

2 Sniper Rifle [Criminal]
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a [Criminal] minion.
Bearer has long range.
Each time a companion takes a wound during the crossfire phase, you may make that companion resistance -1 until the regroup phase.
2R90

4 •Zam, Professional Hunter [Criminal]
Minion • Clawdite
Strength-8
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
Bounty Hunter.
When you play Zam, you may exert her twice to make an undestined companion resistance -3 until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Exert Zam twice to make her damage +1.
2C91

That’ll be enough for now. I’m pooped.

Next Up: Confederacy and Yuuzhan Vong get finished.

Set Completion Count: 127/164 - 77%
Last edited by menace64 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:35 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:

Minion • Droid
Strength-4
Vitality-2
Roaming-4
When you play Assassination Droid, spot a Bounty Hunter with vitality X. Kill each companion with resistance X or less that is assigned to skirmish Assassination Droid.
2R59
wording is crap. No offense meant. it should be at the start of this minions skirmish kill each blah blah blah.

0 Jet Pack [Criminal]
Possession • Jet Pack
2U77
it should cost 1 IMO

Event • Crossfire
Exert a Bounty Hunter to discard the top card of the Light Side player’s draw deck. Exert each character of the discarded card’s culture.
2R79
very interesting.

Condition
Resistance -1
To play, exert a Bounty Hunter. Bearer must be a companion. Limit 1 per companion.
At the start of the regroup phase, if bearer was assigned to a skirmish (and no other companion was), wound bearer.
2U80
it doesn’t quite seem to reflect them, but it works.

Strength +2
Bearer has long range.
Each time a companion takes a wound during the crossfire phase, that companion is resistance -1 until the regroup phase.
2R90
perfect

Minion • Clawdite
Strength-8
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
Bounty Hunter.
When you play Zam, you may exert her to make an undestined companion resistance -3 until the regroup phase.
2C91
IMO there should be an ability like Skirmish, Exert Zam twice to replace her with a minion from your hand. That minion is twilight cost -2. something like that to reflect her shapeshifting.

ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:10 pm
menace64 wrote:

Minion • Droid
Strength-4
Vitality-2
Roaming-4
When you play Assassination Droid, spot a Bounty Hunter with vitality X. Kill each companion with resistance X or less that is assigned to skirmish Assassination Droid.
2R59
Wow, a very nice card. Gametext should read, "Each time a companion with resistance X or less is assigned to skirmish this minion, place that companion in the dead pile."
0 Jet Pack [Criminal]
Possession • Jet Pack
2U77
Good, warg-like card. I like it.
Event • Crossfire
2R79
Nice! I like how it can turn back on you!
Condition
Resistance -1
2U80
Very cool, I like the combo with Assassination Droid, good storyline stuff!
Strength +2
Bearer has long range.
Each time a companion takes a wound during the crossfire phase, that companion is resistance -1 until the regroup phase.
2R90
I’m assuming Droids can’t bear possessions. If so, that’s a very good card. Just reword it to say "Each time a companion takes a wound during the crossfire phase, you may make that companion resistance -1..."
Minion • Clawdite
Strength-8
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
Bounty Hunter.
When you play Zam, you may exert her to make an undestined companion resistance -3 until the regroup phase.
2C91
Hmm...that’s a fairly powerful combo with Assassination Droid...maybe exert her twice for the "When you play" ability? Or down it to -2.

menace64
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:19 pm
Assassination Droid gets a rewording.

Think of Kouhun Worms like this: If its bearer is the only one assigned to the skirmish, then the worms did their job and got to the target. If someone else skirmishes (like Anakin did to save Padme), then the Worms were thwarted.

This version of Zam is reflecting her bounty hunter nature, not her race. Perhaps a future Zam could do something else.

But her first ability will become a double exert.
Riddle 9

Who am I?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards