LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:11 am
Made the skirmish action for Tuskens only on Gaffi Stick.

RR’uruurr and URoRRoR’R’R were both chararacters in the SWCCG, and Wookieepedia is a great resource for these things. I upped both of their costs to 6, by the way (good call).

Again, SWCCG had a card called Iasa, Traitor of Jawa Canyon, and I just used it. But I went ahead and look him up:

"A personal friend of Chief Kalit, he was entrusted with Kalit’s credits and sandcrawler, in addition to the safety of his wife and shaman, Aved Luun. When Kalit returned, he found his credits spent, his sandcrawler sold and Aved nowhere in sight."

With Jango’s pistols, it’s 1 exertion for any bounty hunter, and then 2 undirected wounds if you can get Jango out with them. It’s powerful, but not shattering.

I threw a healing ability onto Anakin that might work.

Wow. Really good catch there with the Cannon. What happened was I went from removing X tokens to all of them, and in the process left bits of both versions lying around. *Cleaned it up*

Locations are a new type of condition I came up with a few days ago. They represent places in the Star Wars galaxy that might not make perfect sense as sights (such as large areas and things in space). The only real loaded aspect of them is there can only be 1 location active at a time, so when a location is played all others are discarded. They all have an unloaded part (in Palpatine’s Domain’s case, Station) for spotting purposes. So far I have Station and Space, and I’m sure there will be others.

As for Ultimatum... I love the idea of digging through other peoples’ decks.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:07 am
Sure do wish I slept tonight. Headaches tend to keep me up. Argh.

Okay. Here are those Criminals I promised.

7 •Aurra, Jedi Hunter [Criminal]
Minion • Near-human
Strength-14
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
Bounty Hunter. While you can spot a Jedi, Aurra’s twilight cost is -2.
Skirmish: If skirmishing a Jedi, exert Aurra to transfer an artifact or possession borne by that Jedi to her.
2R60

8 •Boba, Fearless [Criminal]
Minion • Human
Strength-15
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
Bounty Hunter. Fierce.
For each possession he bears, companions skirmishing Boba are strength -1.
2P61

2 Concussion Rifle [Criminal]
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be a [Criminal] minion. Bearer may not bear other weapons.
At the start of the crossfire phase, you may discard this possession to make the minion crossfire total +X, where X is bearer’s vitality.
2R67

5 •Jabba, Lord of Tatooine [Criminal]
Minion • Hutt
Strength-7
Vitality-4
Roaming-3
Each time you play a bounty, you may play a Bounty Hunter from your draw deck.
2R75

3 Jabba’s Bounty [Criminal]
Condition • Support Area
Bounty 3.
Dark Side:
Exert a minion (except a Bounty Hunter) to transfer this condition to a companion.
If borne by a companion, each time the alliance moves, add a threat.
2R76

5 Palace Gambler [Criminal]
Minion • Ishi Tib
Strength-11
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
While you can spot 3 threats, this minion is strength +3.
2C86

5 Palace Guard [Criminal]
Minion • Klatooinian
Strength-11
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
At the start of the assignment phase, spot a companion with higher strength than this minion to make this minion strength +3 until the regroup phase.
2C87

5 Palace Robber [Criminal]
Minion • Quarren
Strength-11
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
While skirmishing a companion bearing a possession, this minion is strength +3.
2C88

4 Relentless Hunter [Criminal]
Minion • Human
Strength-9
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
Bounty Hunter.
Each time a bounty is claimed, you may make this minion strength +2 and fierce until the regroup phase.
2U89

Next Up: I’ll delve into the Geonosians.

Set Completion Count: 73/164 - 45%
Last edited by menace64 on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:23 am; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:51 am
A couple hours ago I began designing cards for the Geonosians, and after a few passes at cards I gave up. They were boring and didn’t have any sense of depth (You know... "Here’s a group of minions, here’s a strength pump, and here’s some wound prevention and some stuff to help droids.")

Um, so I’m going to do something new. I’ll just begin writing stuff and evolving it and what comes out should be interesting.

Here we go!

2 Geonosian Defenders [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-13
Vitality-4
Roaming-4

Okay, well, I just randomly did that without much forethought. Obviously, the twilight cost doesn’t correspond with the stats. But it got me thinking...

[11] Geonosian Swarm [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-13
Vitality-4
Roaming-4
This minion is twilight cost -1 for each Geonosian stacked on [Confederacy] conditions.

So now I have something going. The twilight cost idea is flipped around, now being grossly overcosted. Imagine powerful abilities that involve stacking your Geonosians, then later spotting those stacked minions to bring out real swarms for minimal costs.

I think I might have a winner. Now I’ll try this out with some actual cards from the set.

I initially tried writing these without any new keywords (the fewer, the better in my opinion), but the whole thing falls apart unless I can specifically target the conditions I want. So, the keyword burrow is born!

2 •Droid Assembly [Confederacy]
Condition • Support Area
Burrow.
At the start of your shadow phase, you may stack 2 Geonosians from hand here to play a [Confederacy] droid from your discard pile.
Each time this condition would be discarded, you may discard a Geonosian stacked here to prevent it.
2R41

2 Droid Foundry [Confederacy]
Condition • Support Area
Burrow.
Each time this condition would be discarded, you may discard a Geonosian stacked here to prevent it.
Response: If a Geonosian is about to be discarded from play (except during the regroup phase), remove 1 to stack it here.
2U42

[10] Geonosian Barbarian [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-13
Vitality-2
Roaming-4
While you can spot 4 Geonosians stacked on burrows, this minion’s twilight cost is -6.
While you can spot 6 Geonosians stacked on burrows, this minion is damage +1 and fierce.
2U45

[14] •Geonosian Detachment [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-14
Vitality-4
Roaming-4
Fierce. While you can spot a Geonosian stacked on a burrow, Geonosian Detachment’s twilight cost is -6.
When you play Geonosian Detachment, you may stack up to 2 Geonosians from your discard pile on your burrows.
2R46

3 Geonosian Drone [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-7
Vitality-1
Roaming-4
Skirmish: Exert another Geonosian to stack this minion on your burrow.
2C47

[10] Geonosian Gunner [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-9
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
While you can spot 5 Geonosians stacked on burrows, this minion’s twilight cost is -7.
Regroup: Stack this minion from your hand on a burrow.
2C48

[12] •Geonosian Overseer [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-11
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
Geonosian Overseer’s twilight cost is -2 for each Geonosian stacked on a burrow.
Skirmish: Discard 2 Geonosians stacked on burrows to make Geonosian Overseer damage +1.
2R49

8 Geonosian Predator [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-9
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
Fierce.
While you can spot 4 Geonosians stacked on burrows, this minion’s twilight cost is -5.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may stack a Geonosian from play on your burrow.
2U50

4 Geonosian Soldiers [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-8
Vitality-2
Roaming-4
If this minion is killed, you may stack it and a Geonosian from your hand on a burrow to make another Geonosian damage +1 until the regroup phase.
2C51

2 Hive Colony [Confederacy]
Condition • Support Area
Burrow.
Response: If a Geonosian wins a skirmish, remove 1 to stack it here.
2C53

4 •Poggle, Archduke [Confederacy]
Minion • Confederacy
Strength-7
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
Separatist.
Poggle may not be assigned to a skirmish.
When you play Poggle, you may exert him X times to play X Geonosians stacked on burrows and add X threats.
2R57

Now I’m really happy with these results! Happy New Year!

Next Up: I’ll finish up the Imperial culture, which is all about Alien hate.

Set Completion Count: 84/164 - 51%
Last edited by menace64 on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:22 am; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:07 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
menace64 wrote:
So now I have something going. The twilight cost idea is flipped around, now being grossly overcosted. Imagine powerful abilities that involve stacking your Geonosians, then later spotting those stacked minions to bring out real swarms for minimal costs.
Very cool idea!!
I think I might have a winner. Now I’ll try this out with some actual cards from the set.

I initially tried writing these without any new keywords (the fewer, the better in my opinion), but the whole thing falls apart unless I can specifically target the conditions I want. So, the keyword burrow is born!

2 •Droid Assembly [Confederacy]
Condition • Support Area
Burrow.
At the start of your shadow phase, you may stack 2 Geonosians from hand here to play a [Confederacy] droid from your discard pile.
2R41
Nice! I like!
2 Droid Foundry [Confederacy]
Condition • Support Area
Burrow.
Response: If a Geonosian is about to be discarded from play (except during the regroup phase), remove 1 to stack it here.
2U42
Very cool, reminds me of the Isengard orcs!
[10] Geonosian Barbarian [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-13
Vitality-2
Roaming-4
While you can spot 4 Geonosians stacked on burrows, this minion’s twilight cost is -6.
While you can spot 6 Geonosians stacked on burrows, this minion is damage +1 and fierce.
2U45
Ouch! Very good!
[14] •Geonosian Detachment [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-14
Vitality-4
Roaming-4
Fierce. While you can spot a Geonosian stacked on a burrow, Geonosian Detachment’s twilight cost is -6.
When you play Geonosian Detachment, you may stack up to 2 Geonosians from your discard pile on your burrows.
2R46
Good. That last ability makes Geonosians really playable, since you can discard big guys from hand and then use this guy with a big pool.
3 Geonosian Drone [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-7
Vitality-1
Roaming-4
Skirmish: Exert another Geonosian to stack this minion on your burrow.
2C47
Very good.
[10] Geonosian Gunner [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-9
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
While you can spot 5 Geonosians stacked on burrows, this minion’s twilight cost is -7.
Regroup: Stack this minion from your hand on a burrow.
2C48
Sweet.
[12] •Geonosian Overseer [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-11
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
Geonosian Overseer’s twilight cost is -2 for each Geonosian stacked on a burrow.
Skirmish: Discard 2 Geonosians stacked on burrows to make Geonosian Overseer damage +1.
2R49
Yeeowch, this is a good card! Nice.
8 Geonosian Predator [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-9
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
Fierce.
While you can spot 4 Geonosians stacked on burrows, this minion’s twilight cost is -5.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may stack a Geonosian from play on your burrow.
2U50
Mmmhmm, I like.
4 Geonosian Soldiers [Confederacy]
Minion • Geonosian
Strength-8
Vitality-2
Roaming-4
If this minion is killed, you may stack it and a Geonosian from your hand on a burrow to make another Geonosian damage +1 until the regroup phase.
2C51
Fairly powerful now...
2 Hive Colony [Confederacy]
Condition • Support Area
Burrow.
Response: If a Geonosian wins a skirmish, remove 1 to stack it here.
2C53
Nice, although a little redundant.
4 •Poggle, Archduke [Confederacy]
Minion • Confederacy
Strength-7
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
Separatist.
Poggle may not be assigned to a skirmish.
When you play Poggle, you may exert him X times to play X Geonosians from your burrows and add X threats.
2R57
I’d suggest, "Poggle may not participate in skirmishes and archery fire." Other than that, a very interesting card, and a good one. Reword that ability to say "X Geonosians stacked on burrows"...I know your way sounds more intuitive, but to heck with intuitiveness.
Now I’m really happy with these results! Happy New Year!

Next Up: I’ll finish up the Imperial culture, which is all about Alien hate.

Set Completion Count: 84/164 - 51%
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:52 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:
Sure do wish I slept tonight. Headaches tend to keep me up. Argh.

Okay. Here are those Criminals I promised.

7 •Aurra, Jedi Hunter [Criminal]
Minion • Near-human
Strength-14
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
Bounty Hunter. While you can spot a Jedi, Aurra’s twilight cost is -2.
Skirmish: If skirmishing a Jedi, exert Aurra to transfer an artifact or possession borne by that Jedi to her.
2R60
good card

8 •Boba, Fearless [Criminal]
Minion • Human
Strength-15
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
Bounty Hunter. Fierce.
For each possession he bears, companions skirmishing Boba are strength -1.
2P61
ditto

3 Concussion Rifle [Criminal]
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be a [Criminal] minion. Bearer may not bear other weapons.
At the start of the crossfire phase, you may discard this possession to make the minion crossfire total +X, where X is bearer’s vitality.
2R67
personally I don’t think it is worth 3 twilight. make it cost 2 IMO

5 •Jabba, Lord of Tatooine [Criminal]
Minion • Hutt
Strength-7
Vitality-4
Roaming-3
Each time you play a bounty, you may play a Bounty Hunter from your draw deck.
2R75
fine by me

3 Jabba’s Bounty [Criminal]
Condition • Support Area
Bounty 3.
Dark Side:
Exert a minion (except a Bounty Hunter) to transfer this condition to a companion.
If borne by a companion, each time the alliance moves, add a threat.
2R76
how about if bearer is a criminal companion each time the...

5 Palace Gambler [Criminal]
Minion • Ishi Tib
Strength-11
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
While you can spot 3 threats, this minion is strength +3.
2C86
fine by me

5 Palace Guard [Criminal]
Minion • Klatooinian
Strength-11
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
At the start of the assignment phase, spot a companion with higher strength than this minion to make this minion strength +3 until the regroup phase.
2C87
I thought there was only one klatooinian at jabba’s palace? though he is a good card

5 Palace Robber [Criminal]
Minion • Quarren
Strength-11
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
While skirmishing a companion bearing a possession, this minion is strength +3.
2C88
fine by me

4 Relentless Hunter [Criminal]
Minion • Human
Strength-9
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
Bounty Hunter.
Each time a bounty is claimed, you may make this minion strength +2 and fierce until the regroup phase.
2U89
agin good

Next Up: I’ll delve into the Geonosians.

Set Completion Count: 73/164 - 45%

sorry for the "in-depth" Smile reviews these cards are just good.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:52 am
Tell ya what guys... I’ll try making some horrible cards now. Razz

Here we are with some truly hateful Imperial cards.

2 •Devastator [Imperial]
Condition • Support Area
Capital. To play, spot an [Imperial] minion.
When you play this condition, add an [Imperial] token here for each site you control.
Each time an [Imperial] minion wins a skirmish, you may remove 2 [Imperial] tokens here to play an [Imperial] minion from your discard pile; that minion is fierce until the regroup phase.
2U93

1 •Dominance [Imperial]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion loses a skirmish, you may remove 1 to add an [Imperial] token here.
Regroup: Spot an [Imperial] minion and remove X [Imperial] tokens here to reinforce an [Imperial] capital X times. Discard this condition.
2C94

0 Fear Will Keep Them in Line [Imperial]
Event • Dark Side
Spot a companion with strength 10 or more and play an [Imperial] minion stacked on a site you control to make that companion strength -2 until the regroup phase.
2U95

6 Imperial Garrison [Imperial]
Minion • Human
Strength-12
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
Long Range. Fierce. To play, spot an [Imperial] minion.
This minion is strength +1 for each [Imperial] minion stacked a site you control.
2R98

0 Imperial Tyranny [Imperial]
Event • Response
If a companion loses a skirmish, spot X wounded companions to stack X [Imperial] minions on sites you control.
2U99

1 •A New Hatred [Imperial]
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert an [Imperial] minion.
Each time the alliance moves, add 1 for each non-Human companion.
Dark Side: Discard this condition and play an [Imperial] minion to spot a companion (except the Apprentice). Until the regroup phase, each player may not assign that minion to skirmish any other companion.
2R101

1 •A New Order [Imperial]
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the regroup phase, if you can spot 5 non-Human companions (or 3 Jedi), you may discard an [Imperial] minion to take control of a site.
2R102

4 Overwhelming Defenses [Imperial]
Event • Skirmish
Spot X tokens from your [Imperial] capitals to make an [Imperial] minion strength +X (limit +5).
2U103

2 Xenophobia [Imperial]
Event • Regroup
Discard an [Imperial] minion with twilight cost X to make the Light Side player exert non-Human companions X times. He or she may let you take control of a site to prevent this.
2C104

0 Prefect’s Office
Desert. Military. Skirmish: Remove a threat to make a non-Human (except the Apprentice) skirmishing your [Imperial] minion strength -2.
2U163

Believe it or not, the Imperial culture is finished, too.

Next Up: The Sith culture will be taken care of.

Set Completion Count: 94/164 - 57%
Last edited by menace64 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:02 am; edited 3 times in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:12 am
0 Dark Powers [Sith]
Condition • Support Area
Dark Side: Spot 3 burdens and play a [Sith] minion to make that minion damage +1 while skirmishing a companion with resistance 4 or less. Discard this condition.
Dark Side: Spot 5 burdens and play a [Sith] minion to make that minion strength +4 until the regroup phase and damage +1 while skirmishing a companion with resistance 4 or less. Discard this condition.
2U140

1 The Dealings of Tyranus [Sith]
Event • Dark Side
Exert a [Sith] minion (or spot Dooku) to reveal the top 3 cards of your draw deck. Play a revealed minion.
2C142

5 •Dooku, Darth Tyranus [Sith]
Minion • Human
Strength-11
Vitality-3
Roaming-5
Duelist.
While you can spot a minion of another culture, Dooku gains shroud.
Skirmish: Exert a minion of another culture to make a companion skirmishing Dooku strength -1.
2R143

(This is the first time I’ve used Shroud, which is:
Shroud (At the start of this minion’s skirmish, you may remove [X]. The opposing companion’s strength must be X more than this minion’s strength in order for the Light Side player to win the skirmish.)

1 Emergency Powers [Sith]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion loses a skirmish, you may exert a [Sith] minion to add a [Sith] token here.
Dark Side: Remove 2 [Sith] tokens here and spot a [Sith] minion to make that minion gain shroud until the regroup phase. Discard this condition.
2R144

0 He’s Still Alive [Sith]
Event • Response
If a [Sith] minion loses a skirmish, remove a burden to heal that minion and make it fierce until the regroup phase.
2U146

5 •Mara, Arica [Sith]
Minion • Human
Strength-10
Vitality-3
Roaming-5
When you play Mara, spot a companion. Until the regroup phase, Mara is strength +3 and damage +1 while skirmishing that companion.
Mara may be spotted as a [Criminal] minion.
2R147

1 Palpatine’s Ambition [Sith]
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, spot a [Sith] minion with vitality X to add X [Sith] tokens here.
Skirmish: Remove a [Sith] token here or discard this condition to make a [Sith] minion skirmishing an undestined companion strength +1.
2U148

0 •Undercover Mission [Sith]
Condition • Support Area
Your Mara may not take wounds.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make Mara strength +4.
2U150

There you have it. One more culture finished.

Next Up: I’ve been avoiding it, but I’ll do the Rebels.

Set Completion Count: 102/164 - 62%
Last edited by menace64 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:08 am; edited 2 times in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:23 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:
Tell ya what guys... I’ll try making some horrible cards now. Razz
YES YES YES!

Here we are with some truly hateful Imperial cards.

2 •Devastator [Imperial]
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add an [Imperial] token here for each [Imperial] minion stacked on sites you control.
Each time an [Imperial] minion wins a skirmish, you may remove 2 [Imperial] tokens here to play an [Imperial] minion from your discard pile; that minion is fierce until the regroup phase.
2U93
to underpowered, there has to be a 2 minions stacked on a site you control,hard at the very least, and then you get 1 minion out.change it to for each site you control

2 •Dominance [Imperial]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion loses a skirmish, you may remove 1 to add an [Imperial] token here.
Regroup: Discard an [Imperial] minion and remove X [Imperial] tokens here to reinforce an [Imperial] capital X times. Discard this condition.
2C94
again underpowered cut its twilight cost by 1 and kill the discard a minion part

Event • Dark Side
Spot a companion with strength 10 or more to play an [Imperial] minion stacked on a site you control. That companion is strength -2 until the regroup phase.
2U95
fine by me

Minion • Human
Strength-12
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
This minion is strength +1 for each [Imperial] minion stacked on sites you control.
2R98
I think the correct wording is for each [Imperial] minion stacked on a site you control. ohterwise make it cost 7 with all those keywords

Event • Response
If a companion loses a skirmish, spot X wounded companions to stack X [Imperial] minions on sites you control.
2U99
ah this is how they stack.

Condition • Support Area
Dark Side: Discard this condition, play an [Imperial] minion, and spot a companion (except the Apprentice). Until the regroup phase, that minion must skirmish that companion.
2R101
ow. though it works.

Condition • Support Area
At the start of the regroup phase, if you can spot 5 non-Human companions (or 3 Jedi), discard an [Imperial] minion to take control of a site.
2R102
ditto

Event • Skirmish
Remove X tokens from your [Imperial] capitals to make an [Imperial] minion strength +X (limit +5).
2U103
it shouldn’t cost 4, 2 would be more like it or even 1

2 Xenophobia [Imperial]
Event • Regroup
Discard an [Imperial] minion with twilight cost X to make the Light Side player exert non-Human companions X times. He or she may add 4 to prevent this.
2C104
ow. add 4 is to small a penalty make it add 2 threats and a burden or something like that

3 Prefect’s Office
Desert. Military. Skirmish: Remove a threat to make a non-Human (except the Apprentice) strength -2.
2U163
it should cost 0. not 3. though 1 would be OK to.

Believe it or not, the Imperial culture is finished, too.

Next Up: The Sith culture will be taken care of.

Set Completion Count: 94/164 - 57%
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:34 am
menace64 wrote:
0 Dark Powers [Sith]
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a [Sith] minion is played, spot 3 burdens to make that minion damage +1 while skirmishing a companion with resistance 4 or less. Discard this condition.
Response: If a [Sith] minion is played, spot 5 burdens to make that minion strength +4 until the regroup phase and damage +1 while skirmishing a companion with resistance 4 or less. Discard this condition.
2U140
OK i guess it works

1 The Dealings of Tyranus [Sith]
Event • Dark Side
Exert a [Sith] minion (or spot Dooku) to reveal the top 3 cards of your draw deck. Play a revealed minion.
2C142
ditto

5 •Dooku, Darth Tyranus [Sith]
Minion • Human
Strength-11
Vitality-3
Roaming-5
Duelist.
While you can spot a minion of another culture, Dooku gains shroud.
Skirmish: Exert a minion of another culture to make a companion skirmishing Dooku strength -1.
2R143
its fine though shroud looks like it can be pretty powerful with duelist this guy would be almost impossible to beat

1 Emergency Powers [Sith]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion loses a skirmish, you may exert a [Sith] minion to add a [Sith] token here.
Dark Side: Remove 3 [Sith] tokens here and spot a [Sith] minion to make that minion gain shroud until the regroup phase. Discard this condition.
2R144
i don’t get why emergency powers would give a minion shroud. also 3 exertions and a twilight for 1 gain of a keyword? make it remove 2 to add a token here ...

0 He’s Still Alive [Sith]
Event • Response
If a [Sith] minion loses a skirmish, remove a burden to heal that minion and make it fierce until the regroup phase.
2U146
perfect

5 •Mara, Arica [Sith]
Minion • Human
Strength-10
Vitality-3
Roaming-5
When you play Mara, spot a companion. Until the regroup phase, Mara is strength +3 and damage +1 while skirmishing that companion.
Mara may be spotted as a [Criminal] minion.
2R147
fine by me

1 Palpatine’s Ambition [Sith]
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, spot a [Sith] minion with vitality X to add X [Sith] tokens here.
Skirmish: Remove a [Sith] token here or discard this condition to make a [Sith] minion skirmishing an undestined companion strength +1.
2U148
ditto

0 •Undercover Mission [Sith]
Condition • Support Area
Your Mara may not take wounds.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make Mara strength +4.
2U150
dah it felt so good actually reviewing cards Wah.

There you have it. One more culture finished.

Next Up: I’ve been avoiding it, but I’ll do the Rebels.

Set Completion Count: 102/164 - 62%
"DáinIronfoot"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:04 pm
I feel an urge to review your Imperial cards...
menace64 wrote:
0 Humans Are the Future [Imperial]
Event • Response
If a non-Human companion is played, spot 3 [Imperial] cards and a Human character to make that companion strength -3 until the end of the turn.
2C97

I don’t think it’s powerful enough. It’s only -3 strength for a turn, and you have to have the card in hand when the non-Human is played, and the spotting requirements aren’t exactly easy. This might be better if it made the companion strength -2 for the remainder of the game.
menace64 wrote:
1 •A New Era [Imperial]
Condition • Support Area
While you control 3 sites, each [Imperial] minion is strength +1 and each minion of another culture is strength -2.
Shadow: Spot an [Imperial] minion and X sites you control to draw X cards. Discard this condition.
2R100

Awesome!
menace64 wrote:
1 •Human High Culture [Imperial]
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Human.
Each time a Dark Side Human is played, add an [Imperial] token here.
Skirmish: Spot a Dark Side Human and remove 3 [Imperial] tokens here to make a non-Human companion (except the Apprentice) strength -3 (limit -3).
2R96

Cool.
menace64 wrote:
2 •Devastator [Imperial]
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add an [Imperial] token here for each [Imperial] minion stacked on sites you control.
2U93

Powerful, but ’tis balanced.
menace64 wrote:
2 •Dominance [Imperial]
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: Discard an [Imperial] minion and remove X [Imperial] tokens here to reinforce an [Imperial] capital X times. Discard this condition.
2C94

I think the twilight cost could drop to 1.
menace64 wrote:
Event • Dark Side
Spot a companion with strength 10 or more to play an [Imperial] minion stacked on a site you control. That companion is strength -2 until the regroup phase.
2U95

I think that it might be better if it was worded like this:

Spot a companion with strength 10 or more and play an [Imperial] minion stacked on a site you control to make that companion strength -2 until the regroup phase.

menace64 wrote:
Minion • Human
Strength-12
Vitality-3
Roaming-4
This minion is strength +1 for each [Imperial] minion stacked on sites you control.
2R98

Nice...
menace64 wrote:
Event • Response
2U99

Cool.
menace64 wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Dark Side: Discard this condition, play an [Imperial] minion, and spot a companion (except the Apprentice). Until the regroup phase, that minion must skirmish that companion.
2R101

The Dark Side ability needs rewording...

Dark Side: Discard this condition and play an [Imperial] minion to spot a companion (except the Apprentice). Until the regroup phase, each player may not assign that minion to skirmish any other companion.

I think that is a bit better.

menace64 wrote:
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the regroup phase, if you can spot 5 non-Human companions (or 3 Jedi), discard an [Imperial] minion to take control of a site.
2R102

Needs a "you may" before the "discard".
menace64 wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Remove X tokens from your [Imperial] capitals to make an [Imperial] minion strength +X (limit +5).
2U103

Wow, seems way over-costed. Either remove the limit, or drop the cost to 2.

menace64 wrote:
2 Xenophobia [Imperial]
Event • Regroup
Discard an [Imperial] minion with twilight cost X to make the Light Side player exert non-Human companions X times. He or she may add 4 to prevent this.
2C104

I don’t think that the ability is worded correctly. It should be "X non-Human companions". Also, adding 4 seems like an awfully easy way to get around it; maybe make it add threats or allow you to take control of a site?
menace64 wrote:
3 Prefect’s Office
Desert. Military. Skirmish: Remove a threat to make a non-Human (except the Apprentice) strength -2.
2U163

Should cost 0 or 1. Remember, with the new sites:

If it is a Shadow-heavy site, it should cost 0 or 1.
If it can benefit both players, it should cost 1 or 2.
If it is a Freeps-heavy site, it should cost 2 or 3.

There can be slight changes to this rule (see Mount Doom), but they are few and far between.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards