LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:47 am
In the secret council chamber, King Elessar turned to face the group. He scanned their faces slwoly, carefully, slowly appraising each one. Eventually, one by one, he began dismissing some of them. They walked out with sadness on thier faces, knowing that thier chance at glory had passed them by.

Now, he was left with only five warriors. Three elves, two men. They were the elite, some of the strongest soldiers the King had seen in years, besides his own companions in the fateful War of the Ring...

The King spoke, looking down the line of warriors as he did so, giving smiles to some, knowing nods to others. Respect went both ways here.

"Berethor. Corvus. Ithildon. Tuilin. Durail. Some have taken to calling you the Heroes of Mirkwood, though few here in Gondor fully comprehend your exploits. You, Tuilin. You have fought in countless battles beside many of the most skillfull warriors in Middle-Earth. It pleases me to have you all for this mission.

As I’m sure you are well aware, Gondor is attempting to add Harad into its territories. This is proving problematic. Many Haradrim are reluctant to succumb to Gondorian rule. And with our armies stretched thin in this long aftermath to the War of the Ring, we can hardly force them.

Men from Far Harad have long been searching for a way to deystroy Gondor. I fear they are close to finding it.

The Dark Plague. A deadly disease that once claimed a king and all his children, and nearly brought Gondor to ruin. Sauron long searched for the secret to unleashing this plague once more, but never found it. Our spies traced the last of Sauron’s servants that had been searching this Plauge to the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, where he was slain by Theoden. However, it seems that some in Harad still have memory of Sauron’s searches. They now attempt to find and release this Plague upon Gondor.

Our spies recovered one name: Dâuridam. This is the man leading the search for the Plague in the temples of Far Harad. Unfortunately, our only spies to survive were those that returned here to give us this information. So now, I send you.

There is a reason, before you ask, that I do not marshal all of Gondor’s armies and march into the south. As you have discovered in the past few years, the armies of Sauron did not totally fall with the destruction of the Ring. Emptying the army of Gondor into Harad would leave us easily succeptable to enemy attacks. Also... I do not wish for word of this Plague to get about, if I can help it. With the fall of the steward’s reign, there are many searching for power. There are many who doubt my heritage, and my ability to govern Gondor. I cannot show any weakness. One man on my council, Dolenalkar, has been particulary defiant of my rule. He would use this as an opportunity to prove my ’inability’.

So in this we must be discreet. I can give you what weapons and provisions you need, but beyond that, you are on your own. Your mission: to enter Far Harad, and discover the secret of this Plague. If it can be released again, do everything in your power to prevent that. If it cannot, return here with the good news. To guide you, I have hired an assassin from Near Harad. He knows the lands well, and is loyal to Gondor. Thank you. If there are any of you who do not wish to continue with this mission, I pray you speak now."

No one spoke. Each stared the King straight in the eye, proving once more thier allegience.

The king let out a thankful sigh. "Very well. You are dissmissed."

The group left. Slowly, the king got up from his chair, and proceeded into a back room. There, he saw two pedestals, each bearing a black stone, barely larger than a man’s fist. He walked to one, and held his hand over it. He closed his eyes and spoke:

"Show me. Show me the face of my enemy."

But the face of the orb remained dark, a swirling cloud of shadow. The king gave another worried sigh, and left.

The group of five went their seperate ways, to their own temporary dwellings within Gondor. Waiting for them there were their provisions. Heaping the sacks onto their horses, they rode out of town, to meet their guide.

They rode for days and nights, each staying silent, alone with their thoughts. After all, it had not been long since thier parting with their dearest friends from the forests of Mirkwood and Lorien. Each missed the presence of someone or another, and along with the weight of the mission before them, silence was nearly an unbreakable vow between them. Soon, they reached the forests of Near Harad.

They came to a small village, and proceeded to a large hut build around a towering tree. Durail stepped forward and knocked on the door, three hard, quick raps. A voice from within said, "Come in. It’s unlocked." They entered the dwelling, and found that, despite its size, it was relatively empty. There was a bed in one corner, with a large chest at its foot. The house appeared to consist of only two roomes, the one they were in, and another, smaller one closed off by a small section of wall. A cloaked figure stepped from it, moving with unnatural swiftness. It’s gait was odd and irregular, as if it was used to walking on a moving surface.

The figure reached the bed, and picked up the two small packs that lay upon it. It reached out to Tuilin. "Hold these," it said. Then, it turned to the chest, and with a key around its neck, unlocked it. From it, the figure produced a belt with many pouches hanging from it, and a few sheaths as well. All along one side were throwing knives held loosely in position by bands of leather, and on the other side was a long sword sheath. From this sheath protruded the oddest sword hilt many in the group had seen. It was in the shape of two black snakes, emerald-eyed, twining around each other. From the mouth of one came a large ruby, the pommel of the blade. The other mouth was clamped tightly about the top of the sheath, presumably a blade was hidden within. The figure strapped on this belt, and took its bags from Tuilin with muttered thanks. Saying nothing more, it turned and headed out from the hut. The companions followed. The figure took all of a minute to strap the packs onto a horse tethered outside. The figure then dragged out a trough from the edge of the hut, and grabbed a barrel of water to fill it with. It motioned with its hands to let the other horses drink as well, and they did.

As the horses drank, Durail stepped forward. "Man. You are our guide, are you not? Who are you?" The figure turned to him, and whipped back the hood from its long cloak. It revealed the face of a man, as pale and white as fresh elven parchment. In contrast, its hair was midnight-black, and stuck out in short spikes. A gold earring in the shape of a fang dangled from one of the man’s ears.

"You may call me Imhis, for you are my friends. Those less fortunate know me only as the Angel of Death. My people call me Gimilbolgdam. I am an assassin." In turn, each of the companions stepped forward to greet Imhis, giving him thier names. He smiled slightly upon hearing Tuilin’s name. "My master’s master may have fought you at the seige of Osgiliath many years ago. But worry not, that does not make us enemies now." He turned to the horses, who were now done drinking, and untied his. "Mount your noble steeds. We have far to ride, and time is of the upmost importance." All mounted thier horses, and rode off into the forests of Near Harad. Imhis was at their head, Durail beside him. The others followed them, unsure of the path ahead.

They rode hard for days and nights on end, and soon reached the edge of the forest. Imhis spoke: "Here marks the end of Near Harad, and of the land of our allies. From now on, we are foreigners in unnaccepting territory. Here, the law is: ’Kill first, ask questions later.’ You must be on your guard. Understand?" All the companions nodded. "Good. Then pull your blankets from your packs. This is where we camp for the night." Imhis dismounted, and turned to tend to his horse.
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
When the Haradrim said that Tuilin had maybe fought his master’s master made Tuilin think back to the battles he had fought at osgiliath. He wondered if it was the haradrim leader he had shot or maybe one of the many Soldiers he had encountered in those battles. Then he thought to the second battle he ahd fought in osgiliath. He remembered Silvan’s death, at the hands of the nazgul and Lyon’s at morgoks hands. Choking back tears. He followed the assassin and mounted his horse. When Imris Spoke about being on guard, Tuilin pulled out his bow and nocked an arrow to the string. They rode along the bath. first Durail and Imris then Tuilin and Corvus with Berethor occupying the rear. They eventually stopped to rest, and started to settle down. suddenly a beast appeared, then it changed to a man, then a beast again as it flashed through them. Tuilin watched it go eyes wide in wonder and fear.
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ingold55
Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:30 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Durail brushed his brown steeds hair.

whispering a few elvish words, he moved back to the camp.
Imras was stairing off into the sun set, Corvus and Berethor argued over the meal, and Tuilin made a few new arrows.

Durail pulled Flame, and sharpened it. Harad was not the most comfortable feeling nation. it had a dark presence over it.

Lyon came to his mind, the final blow Morgok made to the brave elf, and then Lyon had died.

"I will not fail here." he muttered.

Flame began a low steady glow after Durail had finished sharpening it. something was near, but not that near. Durail watched Flame it still burned lightly. Durail looked at Imras, he still stood facing the sun set.
Durail wrapped his cloak about him and walked away from the camp. he walked alone under the darkening skies of Harad.
corvus
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:40 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Corvus was keen to walking in the desert. Long he had roamed in the wilderness of the eastlands, and he quickly got used to the southern winds. He could feel the presence of men every now and then, in fact once a group came so close to them, the party unseathed their arms in fear. But nothing happened, as they never turned to them.

Imhis, the party’s guide was a rather strange man, quite silent, and seemed to know what he was doing. But then again, each other one was exactly the same way. Days and nights passed under the scorching sun and the stunning moon of harad. They had already passed the villages that Castamir had burned years ago, when he was headed to the great siege of Minas Tirith. A few days later, the party walked on the lands that Seraph, a legendary man, known in history as "the Desert Lord" had established his dominion in; only a few stones remained now, a reminder of past glory for the haradrim.

"We will set our camp here tonight." said Imhis. "A long day awaits us tomorrow; we shall cross to a spot where an ancient temple is said to hold ancient secrets. I know of 3 such places, and this is the first one. If we are lucky, our quest shall end here." Corvus walked to him. "Are the others far?" he asked. Imhis didn’t turn to him; "quite far" came the reply. "but at least close to each other."

Corvus set the camp along with the others and fell in a deep sleep. Nightmares still haunted him. Nightmares of the last and strongest serpent rider. Nightmares of his curse. Nightmares of the ones he loved. Nightmares of the ones he lost. And nightmares of the ones he would lose. Lyon’s broken body. His cousin’s bleeding face. His wife’s cold and soulless body. No sleep could take him away that night.

He awoke to find the others talking.
"No mere man can do this!" Said someone.
"But he did as we saw."Replied Durail.
"What do you propose Imhis?" Asked Tuilin.
"We forget it and move on. Our quest is different right now. Elessar hired me for a job, and that exactly i will do. No more or less."
The others seemed to agree.

Corvus made his presence obvious. "What did you see?" Berethor replied: "A strange beast, in a form of a cockroach, that became a man and the beast again. It flashed right through us. We thought of following it."

"No you won’t" said the elf. "If you think that Morgok was strong, you will see him as strong as a maia. I will take care of him another time. Eidolon is mine. Mine alone." He seemed to be taken over by the hunter again. But he held it. "I’ll sleep it off" he thought to himself. And so he did......
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
ingold55
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:34 pm
Durail had agreed not to chase the beast, but he still had an uncomfortable feeling about the entire area. Things were dark, and depressing, and their guide was not one Durail trusted as he did Corvus and Tuilin. perhaps it was just that he didn’t know Imras well... The wind whipped across Durail’s race, blowing his hair and cloak behind him. Flame hung at his side, always at the ready.

Imras was stone quite, fixed on getting to his destination.

The mood of the small band was low and depressed. they had gone through a rain storm, crossed a river, and were now running low on food. The mood was brightened when Tuilin brought back some meat from hunting.

Flame was still glowing, meaning an enemy was still around, but he would never show himself. the group came to a small valley, and Durail fell back and rode next to Corvus.

Corvus, what was that thing that ran through the camp a couple of days ago?"
corvus
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:33 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
The party set forth into a valley, after having crossed a river. Corvus rode behind the others, watching the party’s rear, as they walked into unfamiliar territories. He saw Durail drawing Flame a little bit, to see whether it was shining or not. It was indeed shining brightly, which saw that unknown forces watched them. Corvus was shocked and terrified, but tried to hide it as Durail seemed to come over to his side.

"Corvus, what was that thing that ran through the camp a couple of days ago?" asked the ranger.

"I think it was Eidolon" replied the elf, "the last and more deadly of the serpent riders. He is the oldest of them, one of the first lesser spirits Morgoth had corrupted into his will. His brothers followed him only due to their compared weakness. They were serpent riders of the strong dragon-wyrms, that eclipsed to the south. But Eidolon, had the unique ability of becoming such a being as well whenever he desired it. Many times he was riden in war by his fallen brothers in the ancient wars.

Long has he tainted the southern lands, and there i hoped that he would remain, roaming with the trolls. But he seems to stir. He does not comprehend what has happened, but he feels the death of his last brother as well. One day our paths shall meet, and he shall seek the revenge i asked for and took as well. He shall claim my life, and we shall fight over it. But now, i think that our meeting was mere luck, and we won’t confront right now."

With those words, Durail nodded and moved ahead with the others. "Luck, or a bad sign" whispered the elf to himelf. Corvus thought of what may find them in the near future. While he rode and had his thoughts, Imhis shouted: "We ride no more. The temple is right there." It was more of a dark castle than a temple though. Two long towers were set on the side of the wall which bore the great wooden door. Imhis moved in front of it, and said: "A strong door. I’ll pick the lock and we’ll enter silently." Durail kicked the door hard, and it sprung open. Smiling at the guide he said: "We have other ways in the North when it comes to breaking into places."

A guard in black came running down the stairs and shouted: "Asha hathar! Asha ha..." The arrow from Tuilin’s bow silenced the dark-skinned man. "Your way is not silent enough" laughed the southron. "But still effective" replied Durail in equally eronic tone. What lay ahead was darkness, as no torches were lit. Corvus took out his tint and flinter and set fire on one at the wall. He then took it into hand. The party walked carefully, bow ready to hand....
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin was riding near the end of the line. The day before he had boosted spirits by catching some edible game, but they were lagging today. Durail went ahead to talk to Corvus. Eventually they came to the temple. Durail kicked the door open and they walked in. Suddenly A guard ran towards them. Tuilin’s long years of fighting and training kicked in and by the time he knew what he was doing the southron lay dead on the ground.

Durail and Imris exchanged quips about the best way to get into the temple while the the party began moving on. Tuilin stopped for a moment and wondered if the southron had been on the their side, would they have enjoyed each others company? Been friends? Maybe fought together? Durail turned his head and called him and he slowly turned and followed him.

About a minute later Tuilin thought he saw movement above them. He stopped and looked closer Corvus turned around and exasperated said "Tuilin please we must move on" Then Tuilin snapped his bow up and fired a southron tumbled to the floor. Nocking another arrow he spun around tracking 2 others he pulled up his bow and aimed just above one of their heads. then an arrow slammed into his armor just below his shoulder the shot was off but not off enough to miss. The arrow slammed into the southrons shin. Then Imhis’s arrow hit the other one. As Tuilin pulled out the arrow and took off the piece of armor, Imhis finished off the other one. Tuilin inspected the gash the arrow had made and bandaged it up. "good thing you had armor there" said Corvus"Sorry about getting angry with you." "Thats fine" Tuilin replied. "Shall we continue?" Imhis spoke.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ingold55
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:35 pm
Durail pulled Flame. It burned in fury, meaning enemies were all about them. Tuilin had just finished shooting several Southroners down, and Imras was apparently not pleased with the commotion.

Durail chuckled. true, not all his ways were extreemly effective, but they always ended up working.
Durail nodded slightly to Corvus and Tuilin, wrapped his cloak about him, and slipped into the shadows. He walked along side the company in the shadows, the enemy would not be aware of the man in the shadows.

It felt good to be once again the Black Flame, dreaded by the enemy. He sheathed Flame and pulled a throwing dagger.
Though Durail had to be extra carful in the shadows, it was worth it. two southron archers were preparing to fire at the band, when they were struck down by Flame.

Durail was joined by Berethor in the shadows, and together the two scouted ahead.

"Quiet...too quiet..." Durail trailed off.
Berethor grinned and put a hand on his Katana. "They may be planing an ambush, but i am ready for them."

It was no great ambush, and Durail and BErethor had fought them off quickly.

They returned to Imras and the crew.
"are we ready to move on?" Durail asked Imras.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:36 am
Imhis walked ahead of the group, one hand on his sword hilt. The bodies of dead southrons scattered around him. He was not disturbed, he cared nothing for the death of others, even his own people. They acended a staircase, it led to a balcony of sorts. Before them were three dorways. Tuilin moved toward the one in the center, but Imhis stuck out an arm to stop him.

"Wait," the assassin said. He pointed to lines of runes above the doors. "I can read these. Mystic mutterings aside, they simply say that only one of these doors leads where we need to go. The others hold certain death."

Corvus stepped forward and simply pointed to the door on thier right. Durail nodded, and despite Imhis’s muttered protests, proceeded to break down the door. Southron arrows shot forth from the oppening. Berethor moved quickly, shoving Durail out of the way, but taking two of the arrows himself. Imhis rushed into the room, dodging arrows. In short order, the firing stopped. The group entered to see Imhis casually grabbing his throwing knives from the bodies of the dead archers.

"It seems that our elven friend did choose the correct door. These archers were the lesser of three evils here." The room they saw was vast, and so large and shadowy they could not make out the corners. Hands on swordhilts and bowstrings, they stepped into the room...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:52 am
Tuilin was impressed with their guide. He was very impressive with his throwing knives. But he seemed to show no emotion about anything. "Another thing to think about" muttered Tuilin. As he stepped over the dead bodies of the archers they came into a huge room Tuilin looked around. Foes could be concealed in dozens of places. Then Tuilin had an abstract thought. He looked up. "Southrons" he yelled Corvus and Durail looked up and saw 12 of them descending. By the time all of them were down on the ground it was 9. Tuilin grabbed out his sword and parried ones blow. Slowly he forced him back. Pulling out a dagger he threw it, the southron deflected but Tuilin’s sword strike struck home. The southron collapsed dead. Turning around he saw Imris finish off one, while corvus and durail were resting. "How many are we going to have to kill?" Asked Tuilin. "As many as it takes" responded Imris."Hat was a rhetorical question."
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing