LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:08 am
4 Become Who You Were Born to Be Gondor
Event • Fellowship
Replace an Aragorn in play with an Aragorn from your hand.

This card was inspired by a conversation over an online lotr game.

How do you like it?
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:21 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i wuv it. You get a GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:09 am
Cool card.

What happens if, say, Captain of Gondor is in play with a card that can only be borne by a knight (Gondorian Steed for example), and he gets replaced by a non-Knight? Does the Steed get discarded?
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:45 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I like that card.
But it does need some tweaking.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:11 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Very interesting concept! It almost reminds me of the Refuge deck, with its versatility. You could have an Aragorn to start, an Aragorn for sites 4-6, and an Aragorn for the last three! That does deserve a GP!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
ingold55
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:52 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Cool card.

What happens if, say, Captain of Gondor is in play with a card that can only be borne by a knight (Gondorian Steed for example), and he gets replaced by a non-Knight? Does the Steed get discarded?

yes. it would be discarded. because it can only be borne by a knight.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:02 pm
I think the card ought to specify what would happen to those possessions (taken into hand, discarded, remain) becuase no card so far has had an ability quite like this, except cards that return companions to hand, and those do discard ALL the possessions.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Gate Troll
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:02 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
I love it. GP for you. Aragorn, Strider in my Starting Fellowship, replaced by
Aragorn, Ellessar Telcontar. Shocked
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:18 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Dude, MAJOR issues with this card. First: unless it states what happens, ALL possessions and conditions should be deiscarded, after all, the aragorn in play IS leaving play, so everything goes with him. Now, besides that, what about Shadow Conditions? And wounds/burdens? It’s AMAZINGLY overpowered! If a R-b Aragornwas made, you could clear all burdens at once! For a measly 4 twilight! Not to mention clear wounds at the same time! You could, for instance, dodge a Black breath + Blade Tip combo with ease! I like the idea, but need serious tweaking.
I don't like YOU.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:11 am
Tiltle is Kind a cheesy But it is the christmas season gp for you nice card

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards