LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:02 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
elf lvr wrote:
3 .Thranduil, Father of Legolas Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 7
Resistance: 7
Ranger. Archer.
While the fellowship is at a forest site, each Elven archer is strength +1 and resistance +1.
Okay, this is pretty good. Reminds me of Legolas, Companion of the Ring.
2 .Legolas, Elven Tracker Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Ranger.Archer.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas to make an another elf strength +1 (or strength +2 if that elf is an archer).
I like this! A good bonus to the archer thing.
2 .Arwen, Elven Rider Elven
Companion-Elf
Ranger.
While the fellowship is at a forest site, at the start of each skirmish involving Arwen, you may reveal the top card of your deck. If it is an Elven card, wound a minion Arwen is skirmishing.
I guess this isn’t overpowered...although a combo with Elrond, Witness to History would be lethal.
4 .Glorfindel, Enraged Elf-Lord Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 9
Resistance: 6
Ranger.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. You may replace it or put it beneath your deck.
Skirmish: Exert Glorfindel to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, you may exert a minion Glorfindel is skirmishing (or wound it if the fellowship is at a forest site).
Yeah, I like his maneuver ability, and his skirmish ability is balanced.
2 Elven Ranger Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 5
Ranger.
If the fellowship is at a forest site, this companion is an archer. At the start of each skirmish involving this companion, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, this companion is strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Why not add the archer bonus into the "start of skirmish" gametext? Make him strength +2 and an archer?
3 Elven Far-Seer Elven
Companion-Elf
Ranger. Archer.
While at a forest site, this companion is twilight cost -1. If the fellowship is at a forest site, at the start of each skirmish involving this companion, exert each minion he is skirmishing.
Mmm...a bit powerful, considering that it’s automatic at a forest site...but then again, he is 3.
2 Sword of Lost Kingdoms[elven]
Possession-Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is a ranger, bearer is strength +1. Skirmish: Exert bearer to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, exert a minion bearer is skirmishing. Place that card beneath your draw deck.
Nice, and I love the tele touch!
2 Ranger’s Blade Elven
Possession-Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is at a forest site, bearer is strength +1. Regroup: Exert bearer to exert a minion.
Yeah, good weapon, although the regroup ability is a little underpowered.
1 Forest Hunter’s Bow Elven
Possession-Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is a ranger, bearer is strength +1. If bearer is at a forest site, bearer is an archer.
Good, like Haldir, Sentry of the Golden Wood.
2 .Gwemegil, Wraithsbane Elven
Possession-Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be an Elven ranger. If bearer is Arwen, you may exert her to make a minion she is skirmishing strength -1 for each wound on it.
Nice!
2 Asfaloth, Blessed Steed Elven
Possession-Mount
Strength +2.
Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is Arwen and she is at a forest site, she is strength +2.
That’s a pretty big strength pump...especially at a forest.
2 Elven Huntsmanship Elven
Condition
Vitality: +1
Resistance: +1
To play, exert an elf. Bearer must be an elf. Bearer is a ranger.
As I said before, you can probably make fewer elves rangers and just have this card.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:04 pm
Quote:
Companion-Elf
Ranger. Archer.
While the fellowship is at a forest site, each Elven archer is strength +1 and resistance +1.

Nice... but he needs vitality! Wink
Quote:
Companion-Elf
Ranger.Archer.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas to make an another elf strength +1 (or strength +2 if that elf is an archer).

Has an extra ’an’ in there. Other than that, he’s good.
Quote:
Companion-Elf
Ranger.
While the fellowship is at a forest site, at the start of each skirmish involving Arwen, you may reveal the top card of your deck. If it is an Elven card, wound a minion Arwen is skirmishing.

Great!
Quote:
Companion-Elf
Ranger.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. You may replace it or put it beneath your deck.
Skirmish: Exert Glorfindel to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, you may exert a minion Glorfindel is skirmishing (or wound it if the fellowship is at a forest site).

Fun!
Quote:
2 Elven Ranger Elven
Companion-Elf
Ranger.
If the fellowship is at a forest site, this companion is an archer. At the start of each skirmish involving this companion, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, this companion is strength +2 until the regroup phase.

I think he’s really a bit good, especially compared to the Orophin from Black RiderNOLINK.
Quote:
3 Elven Far-Seer Elven
Companion-Elf
Ranger. Archer.
While at a forest site, this companion is twilight cost -1. If the fellowship is at a forest site, at the start of each skirmish involving this companion, exert each minion he is skirmishing.

I think that if he wasn’t an archer, he would be great. As it is, he has a ton of abilities / keywords and powerful stats.
Quote:
Possession-Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is a ranger, bearer is strength +1. Skirmish: Exert bearer to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, exert a minion bearer is skirmishing. Place that card beneath your draw deck.

Cool.
Quote:
2 Ranger’s Blade Elven
Possession-Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is at a forest site, bearer is strength +1. Regroup: Exert bearer to exert a minion.

I think 1 hand weapon is enough, but that’s my opinion.
Quote:
Possession-Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is a ranger, bearer is strength +1. If bearer is at a forest site, bearer is an archer.

Decent.
Quote:
Possession-Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Elven ranger. If bearer is Arwen, you may exert her to make a minion she is skirmishing strength -1 for each wound on it.

The ability needs a phase for it to work in (e.g. "Skirmish:")
Quote:
2 Asfaloth, Blessed Steed Elven
Possession-Mount
Strength +2.
Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is Arwen and she is at a forest site, she is strength +2.

Cool. Should be unique though.
Quote:
2 Elven Huntsmanship Elven
Condition
Vitality: +1
Resistance: +1

I ain’t likin’ the vitality bonus. Drop it (or maybe change it to a strength bonus...) and it’s better.

---

Nice cards!

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:12 pm
Thanks for catching the errors, AC. For the hand weapons, I’m not planning to use both. I want to know which of these cards are best and fit together most.

I’d wanted another card to replace Tale of Gil-Galad, but if you HATE the vitality bonus, I’ll change it to strength.

I’ll drop archer on the farseer and ranger from thranduil, and maybe glorfindel. Arwen is definately staying a ranger, though.

Man, I need to learn to stop making DC’s at midnight, too many errors...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:25 pm
Okay, I’d like to keep around these cards:

Companion-Elf
U

Companion-Elf
Ranger.Archer.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas to make another elf strength +1 (or strength +2 if that elf is an archer).
U

Companion-Elf
Ranger.
R

Companion-Elf
R

2 Elven Ranger Elven
Companion-Elf
Ranger.
C

Possession-Hand Weapon
C

Possession-Ranged Weapon
C

Possession-Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Elven ranger. Skirmish: If bearer is Arwen, you may exert her to make a minion she is skirmishing strength -1 for each wound on it.
R

1 Elven Tracking Elven
Condition
Resistance: +2
C
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:20 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Looks pretty good to me. I like the fact that you dropped ranger from some of the companions, which makes Elven Tracking more valuable.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:57 am
Where are the other 6 cards? Are you waiting for PT to make them? If so, I think you should just go on without him; he hasn’t posted in a long time.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:52 pm
I was planning on going ahead and making them. They’ll be up today, I hope.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards