LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:48 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, it’s time for those arrow-toting elfy boys to strut their stuff!

DCers:
EL
PT

Rare Count:
6R, 4U, 5C

And here’s my take on the strategy...
I really don’t know that much about the Elven culture, to tell you the truth. But as far as I can tell, Elven followers are starting to emerge as a new theme. And I think skirmishing archery is emerging as a driving force, especially with Point Blank Range. So, this is the one where you’ll have the expertise the most. Elvents or archery? Burden removal or followers? It’s up to you.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:50 pm
I’m personally a HUGE fan of Elven telepathy.

I think followers are not a theme in themselves, sort of a helper to archery decks. Elf strength cards working off archery, and forests as well, are emerging as well...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:54 pm
Ah, yes...elven telepathy...that’s a cool deck.

Anyway, get your brainstorming done with PT here, and start formulating ideas for this culture.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:57 pm
Well, PT, when you manage to read this, tell me what you think. Thranduil is a good choice for a companion, maybe legolas as well.

Hey, I just had an idea, do you think we could create a theme of Elven rangers? Or maybe hunters...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:20 pm
Ooh, interesting! You mean like the Arwen from FOTR?
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:22 pm
Exactly! I used to have a deck based around pulling tricks with arwen being a ranger... since some cards key off rangers, not Gondor... i just think it would be a fun thing to try...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:20 pm
Elven rangers would be awesome. Go for it!

It’d also be a good idea to include some side-strategy cards, relating to strategies like archery and telepathy.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:33 pm
That would be cool! C’mon PT, show up! I want to get started!

We can each take three rares, two uncommons, and then split the commons 3/2... kinda obvious, but oh well. I’m too eager to get started! Come on, post!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:51 pm
Have you PM’d PT? I haven’t seen him around lately...
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:20 pm
3 .Thranduil, Father of Legolas Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 7
Resistance: 7
Ranger. Archer.
While the fellowship is at a forest site, each Elven archer is strength +1 and resistance +1.

2 .Legolas, Elven Tracker Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Ranger.Archer.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas to make another elf strength +1 (or strength +2 if that elf is an archer).

2 .Arwen, Elven Rider Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 6
Ranger.
While the fellowship is at a forest site, at the start of each skirmish involving Arwen, you may reveal the top card of your deck. If it is an Elven card, wound a minion Arwen is skirmishing.

4 .Glorfindel, Enraged Elf-Lord Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 9
Resistance: 6
Ranger.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. You may replace it or put it beneath your deck.
Skirmish: Exert Glorfindel to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, you may exert a minion Glorfindel is skirmishing (or wound it if the fellowship is at a forest site).

2 Elven Ranger Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 5
Ranger.
If the fellowship is at a forest site, this companion is an archer. At the start of each skirmish involving this companion, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, this companion is strength +2 until the regroup phase.

3 Elven Far-Seer Elven
Companion-Elf
Strength: 7
Ranger.
While at a forest site, this companion is twilight cost -1. If the fellowship is at a forest site, at the start of each skirmish involving this companion, exert each minion he is skirmishing.

2 Sword of Lost Kingdoms[elven]
Possession-Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is a ranger, bearer is strength +1. Skirmish: Exert bearer to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, exert a minion bearer is skirmishing. Place that card beneath your draw deck.

2 Ranger’s Blade Elven
Possession-Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is at a forest site, bearer is strength +1. Regroup: Exert bearer to exert a minion.

1 Forest Hunter’s Bow Elven
Possession-Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is a ranger, bearer is strength +1. If bearer is at a forest site, bearer is an archer.

2 .Gwemegil, Wraithsbane Elven
Possession-Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be an Elven ranger. Skirmish: If bearer is Arwen, you may exert her to make a minion she is skirmishing strength -1 for each wound on it.

2 .Asfaloth, Blessed Steed Elven
Possession-Mount
Strength +2.
Bearer must be an elf. If bearer is Arwen and she is at a forest site, she is strength +2.

2 Elven Huntsmanship Elven
Condition
Vitality: +1
Resistance: +1
To play, exert an elf. Bearer must be an elf. Bearer is a ranger.
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards