LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Looks pretty nice...although "Avenge Our Folk" doesn’t sound very...orc-ish to me. Perhaps something like "Vicious Vengeance"?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:36 am
Gate Troll wrote:
Could I help?

Well, we’ve already got 2 people (PT and myself) making cards, so a 3rd person could make things more difficult. Plus, I think you said earlier you wanted to help with Trolls - PT asked for that already, and he already made the 5 Troll cards that will be in the set.

Sorry!

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Looks pretty nice...although "Avenge Our Folk" doesn’t sound very...orc-ish to me. Perhaps something like "Vicious Vengeance"?

Actually, Avenge Our Folk came from TTT. I like it a lot better than Vicious Vengeance... your cardtitle has too much alliteration. Wink
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:18 pm
What’s wrong with alliteration??? Razz
Rapid Reload-oh, wait...that’s a ridiculously broken card. Well...what about Ring of Rings? Oh, wait...that’s just using "Ring" twice... Wink
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:23 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Spoilers will start on Wednesday or Thursday.

Or Monday. Embarassed

1 •Armory of Gundabad Orc
Condition • Support Area
Each Orc minion bearing a possession gains hunter 1.
Response: If an Orc minion loses a skirmish, discard a possession borne by that minion to prevent all wounds to him.
Uncommon

0 Avenge Our Folk Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make an Orc minion strength +2. If that minion wins this skirmish and is a hunter, you may discard the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck.
Common

4 Band of the North Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 10
Vitality: 2
Site Number: 4
Hunter 2.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may discard the top 2 cards of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck (or 3 if you can spot 3 hunters).
Uncommon
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:06 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Spoilers will start on Wednesday or Thursday.

Or Monday. Embarassed
Sheesh, you’re almost as bad as D! Razz
Condition • Support Area
Response: If an Orc hunter loses a skirmish, discard a possession borne by that hunter to prevent all wounds to that minion.
Uncommon
I like this one...except that its action is redundant. According to this card, if a minion has a possession to discard, it’s a hunter anyway. And if it’s a possessionless hunter, it can’t discard a possession. Why not make it a little more interesting, and discard another minion’s possession?
0 Avenge Our Folk Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make an Orc minion strength +2. If that minion wins this skirmish and is a hunter, you may discard the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck.
Common
Sweet. It’s like Dwarven Axe for minions!
4 Band of the North Orc
Minion • Orc
Hunter 2.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may discard the top 2 cards of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck (or 3 if you can spot 3 hunters).
Uncommon
Mmm...fairly powerful here. Compare to Tower Lieutenant, which discards from hand, not from the deck.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:20 pm
Quote:
Condition • Support Area
Response: If an Orc hunter loses a skirmish, discard a possession borne by that hunter to prevent all wounds to that minion.
Uncommon
I like this one...except that its action is redundant. According to this card, if a minion has a possession to discard, it’s a hunter anyway. And if it’s a possessionless hunter, it can’t discard a possession. Why not make it a little more interesting, and discard another minion’s possession?

I considered that, but I think it makes more sense to have the minion discard his own possession.
Quote:
4 Band of the North Orc
Minion • Orc
Hunter 2.
Uncommon
Mmm...fairly powerful here. Compare to Tower Lieutenant, which discards from hand, not from the deck.

Yes, I kept Tower Lieutenant in mind when making this minion. Discarding from hand is generally a lot more powerful than discarding from deck, so I figured it would mostly balance out (especially since minions in the new cultures can be a bit more powerful than the old old minions - compare Merciless Uruk and Uruk Raiding Party).
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:30 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Quote:
Condition • Support Area
Uncommon

I considered that, but I think it makes more sense to have the minion discard his own possession.
Okay...you might want to reword that, then. For example..."If an Orc minion loses a skirmish, discard a possession borne by that minion to prevent all wounds to it (or is it him?)
Quote:
4 Band of the North Orc
Minion • Orc
Hunter 2.
Uncommon

Yes, I kept Tower Lieutenant in mind when making this minion. Discarding from hand is generally a lot more powerful than discarding from deck, so I figured it would mostly balance out (especially since minions in the new cultures can be a bit more powerful than the old old minions - compare Merciless Uruk and Uruk Raiding Party).
Hmm...I’m not sure that discarding from hand is more powerful than deck discarding. When discarding from hand, you do get to see it first, and have more of a chance to play it. With the deck, it could be anything: event, companion, possession, condition, minion...But I see the point about new minions.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:02 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Response: If an Orc minion loses a skirmish, discard a possession borne by that minion to prevent all wounds to him.
Uncommon
Okay, you changed to Orc minion instead of Orc hunter. I’m cool with it.

0 Avenge Our Folk Orc
Event • Skirmish
Common
Cool! Orc discarding would love a card like this! Esp. using cards to recover it.

4 Band of the North Orc
Minion • Orc
Hunter 2.
Uncommon
Looks okay, I like discarding from deck more than hand, unless you throw in something like Desperate Defense of the Ring... then more hand discarding would be good, just to keep a theme. But with Gorbag and other cards, getting rid of the deck seems to be a more prevalent theme here.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:35 pm
1 Filled with Malice Orc
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: Discard an Orc minion to discard the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck.

(kinda like an Orc reprint of His Cruelty and Malice... but a little bit different)

4 •Grishnakh, Foul Orc Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 11
Vitality: 3
Hunter 2. Captain.
When you play Grishnakh, you may spot another Orc minion to discard a card from the top of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck for each Shadow culture you can spot.

1 Gundabad Blade Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be an Orc minion.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, the Free Peoples player must exert a companion or discard the top card of his or her draw deck.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:13 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1 Filled with Malice Orc
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: Discard an Orc minion to discard the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck.

(kinda like an Orc reprint of His Cruelty and Malice... but a little bit different)
it seems almost to bad but I like the concept. maybe make it remove a threat that would fit in with the threat orcs.

4 •Grishnakh, Foul Orc Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 11
Vitality: 3
Hunter 2. Captain.
When you play Grishnakh, you may spot another Orc minion to discard a card from the top of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck for each culture you can spot.
] nothing wrong with him.

1 Gundabad Blade Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be an Orc minion.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, the Free Peoples player must exert a companion or discard the top card of his or her draw deck.]interesting I like the semi resurrecting of teh exert concept from shadows. Memo to me what exactly is gundabad?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards