LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:33 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
0•Frodo, Ringbearer Shire
Companion•Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Resistance: (10)
Ringbearer
While you can spot 4 Free Peoples cultures, Frodo is strength +1 and gains this ability: "Response: If a companion is about to take a wound, exert Frodo to prevent that."

1•Pippin, Ninth of the Nine companions Shire
Companion•Hobbit
Resistance: 9
Merry is strength +2. While you can spot a Gondor Man, Pippin is strength +1.
Response: If a unbound hobbit is about to be overwhelmed, spot 4 Free Peoples cultures and exert Pippin twice to discard each minion in that skirmish.

1 •Merry, Eighth of the Nine Companions Shire
Companion•Hobbit
vitality: 4
resistance: 9
Pippin is strength +2. While you can spot a Gondor Man, Merry is strength +1 and Damage +1.

2 •Sam, Seventh of the Nine Companions Shire
companion•Hobbit
strength: 3
resistance: 5
Response: If Frodo Dies make Sam the ringbearer. Fellowship: Spot 4 free peoples cultures and exert Sam to remove a burden.

4•Aragorn, Third of the Nine Companions Gondor
Companion•Man
Strength: 8
Resistance: 8
Ranger. While you can spot an Elven companion and a Dwarven companion, the fellowship archery total is +2.

4•Gandalf, Second of the Nine Companions Gandalf
Companion•Wizard
Strength: 6
Resistance: 7
Gandalf is strength +1 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot (limit +4). Each unbound Hobbit is Resistance +1.

2•Legolas, Fourth of the Nine Companions Elven
Companion•Elf
Vitality: 3
Archer. While you can spot a Dwarf, the Shadow player may not spot more than 6 companions.

2•Gimli, Fifth of the Nine Companions Dwarven
Companion•Dwarf
Resistance: 6
Gimli is damage+1 for each of the following cultures you can spot: Gondor, Gandalf, Elven.

3•Boromir, Sixth of the Nine Companions Gondor
Companion•Man
Strength: 7Vitality: 3
Response: If an unbound hobbit is about to be killed in a skirmish, place Boromir in the dead pile and add a threat to prevent that and heal that hobbit twice.
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:46 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Companion•Hobbit
While you can spot 4 Free Peoples cultures, Frodo is strength +1 and gains this ability: "Response: If a companion is about to take a wound, exert Frodo to prevent that."

Interesting, but nice.

Companion•Hobbit
Response: If a unbound hobbit is about to be overwhelmed, spot 4 Free Peoples cultures and exert Pippin twice to discard each minion in that skirmish.

A little too powerful. Change the exertion ability to only once, and only one minion is discarded.

Companion•Hobbit
Pippin is strength +2. While you can spot a Gondor Man, Merry is strength +1 and Damage +1.

Cool.

2 •Sam, Sixth of the Nine Companions Shire
companion•Hobbit
Response: If Frodo Dies make Sam the ringbearer. Fellowship: Spot 4 free peoples cultures and exert Sam to remove a burden.

Overpowered. Put a limit of 1 on the exertion ability.

Companion•Man
Ranger. While you can spot an Elven companion and a Dwarven companion, the fellowship archery total is +2.

Once again, overpowered. "+1" would make him balanced.

Companion•Wizard
Gandalf is strength +1 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot (limit +4). Each unbound Hobbit is Resistance +1.

Nice.

Companion•Elf
Archer. While you can spot a Dwarf, the Shadow player may not spot more than 6 companions.

Interesting. Maybe tack on hunter 1.

Companion•Dwarf
Gimli is damage+1 for each of the following cultures you can spot: Gondor, Gandalf, Elven.

Too strong. Change the spotting requirement to two cultures, but the damage bonus is only one.

Companion•Man
Response: If an unbound hobbit is about to be killed in a skirmish, place Boromir in the dead pile and add a threat to prevent that and heal that hobbit twice.

Um, you have two companions with "Sixth of the Nine Companions" as his subtitle. Razz
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
[quote="Anonymous Prodigy"]
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Companion•Hobbit

Interesting, but nice.
Thanks I made it myself Very Happy

Companion•Hobbit

A little too powerful. Change the exertion ability to only once, and only one minion is discarded.
why? he has to exert twice and it will most likely only be 1 minion(who is going to stick 2 minions on an unbound hobbit when they can stick one on the ring-bearer?)

Companion•Hobbit

Cool.
Thanks. Aain I made it myself

2 •Sam, Sixth of the Nine Companions Shire
companion•Hobbit

Overpowered. Put a limit of 1 on the exertion ability.
you have to spot 4 cultures so his utility is limited.

Companion•Man

Once again, overpowered. "+1" would make him balanced.
its his only ability(though he would make a nice splash in a elf/dwarf deck) I will consult other CCC member’s first

Companion•Wizard

Nice.

Companion•Elf

Interesting. Maybe tack on hunter 1.
This si before they were hunting anything so how about not. Very Happy

Companion•Dwarf

Too strong. Change the spotting requirement to two cultures, but the damage bonus is only one.
Wait please rephrase that. If I understand it correctly you want to get rid of one of the cultures but what does but the damage bonus is only one mean?

Companion•Man

Um, you have two companions with "Sixth of the Nine Companions" as his subtitle. Razz

Fixed.
Finally if you are trying to change this to an Elite vs. CCC thing quit it Shame on you /
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:21 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Finally if you are trying to change this to an Elite vs. CCC thing quit it Shame on you /

I was merely reviewing the DCs. Please refrain from further accusations unless unequivocable proof to justify your statements are undoubtedly ubiquitous. Razz
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:20 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Companion•Hobbit

I’m not particularily fond of the subtitle. Also, I think he’s missing the word "Ring-bearer’ in his game text.
Quote:
Companion•Hobbit

Why only 8 resistance? Also, I think he has too many abilities. I’d only keep 2 of them.
Quote:
Companion•Hobbit

Seems a bit too good.
Quote:
companion•Hobbit

I don’t think that Sam should only have 5 resistance when he’s not the Ring-bearer. Decipher did a nice job dealing with the newest Sam’s resistance.
Quote:
Companion•Man

Hmm.... interesting. May be a bit too good, but I’m not sure.
Quote:
Companion•Wizard

This seems very very similar to Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk.
Quote:
Companion•Elf

I think the rule of 5 is there for a reason, and shouldn’t be denied.
Quote:
Companion•Dwarf

Nice. Maybe even a bit underpowered.
Quote:
Companion•Man

Cool.

Good cards, although it seemed that many were overly powerful.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:36 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Companion•Hobbit

I’m not particularily fond of the subtitle. Also, I think he’s missing the word "Ring-bearer’ in his game text.
Whoops my bad.

Quote:
Companion•Hobbit

Why only 8 resistance? Also, I think he has too many abilities. I’d only keep 2 of them.
Pippin needs some help... I will change the resistance
Quote:
Companion•Hobbit

Seems a bit too good.
Why?
Quote:
companion•Hobbit

I don’t think that Sam should only have 5 resistance when he’s not the Ring-bearer. Decipher did a nice job dealing with the newest Sam’s resistance.
Quote:

yeah maybe... again shall have to see what the other CCC member’s have to say about that
Companion•Man

Hmm.... interesting. May be a bit too good, but I’m not sure.
Quote:
Companion•Wizard

This seems very very similar to Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk.
Quote:
Companion•Elf

it says cannot Spot more then six not five.(if I were AP i would insert Razz here but that would be asking to start another SoP vs, AC argument)
Quote:
Companion•Dwarf

Nice. Maybe even a bit underpowered.
Quote:
Companion•Man

Cool.

Good cards, although it seemed that many were overly powerful.
maybe a bit...
Very Happy

- AC
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:59 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Pipin needs some help.

Pipin might need help... but Pippin doesn’t. Wink

Seriously, Pippin has some great versions (WoBaS and HoSI), so he doesn’t really need help.
Quote:
Quote:
Companion•Hobbit

Seems a bit too good.
Why?

Well, the +2 bonus is very good for Pip, and then the strength +1 and damage +1 bonus is great also. It seems like just one of them would be fine.
Quote:
Quote:
Companion•Elf

it says cannot Spot more then six not five.(if I were AP i would insert Razz here but that would be asking to start another SoP vs, AC argument)

Oh... in that case, it’s underpowered. Wink
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:47 pm
yeah thats what I thought CG made that one so blame him Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:52 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Well, I didn’t want to let the FP player break the Rule of 5 in a big way...but I did give Legolas a good benefit-imagine a nine-companion fellowship at Anduin Banks with this Legolas out!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:27 pm
Yeah, I can imagine it, CG... there’d be 10 archery though, since the Shadow player isn’t doing the spotting. Wink
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards