LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:01 pm
Well, if this isn’t going to get any more responses, thats what it will be, and Carpe can start the next one.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:26 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
elf lvr wrote:

2•Gollum, Riddle-Master Gollum
Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
When you play Gollum, you may spot a Gollum minion to reveal a card at random from the free peoples player’s hand. Add [x], where [x] is the twilight cost of the revealed card.
Alive without breath, cold as death...
U

(I think felipe was suggesting that the action be changed to (shadow: exert Gollum to... so that it could be used multiple times. AC thinks it requires and exertion to use it only once, if I’m not mistaken. What does everyone think?) Considering it’s not a rare, I think it should stay like this. Looks good.

2 .Gollum, Murderer Gollum
Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
Lurker.
Each time a minion wins a skirmish, make Gollum strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Murderer!
C

Why not give the budget players a shot? Add "If no minion lost a skirmish this turn, Gollum is fierce until the regroup phase".

4 Hunting Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 6
Vitality 4
Site 6
Fierce. Hunter 2. Lurker.
While this minion is at a forest site, it is strength +2.
C
(I decided to drop enduring in favor of the forest bounus and Lurker)

Looks good.

3 Skulking Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 6
Lurker. Fierce. Enduring.
This minion cannot be overwhelmed. If this minion is not assigned to skirmish, exert it to replace another Gollum minion in a skirmish.
C
(let it lose, use captain bounuses to make it big, then exert it to replace a lurker... and it could turn out pretty good.)

Being it lurker, it’s very unlikely it won’t be assigned to a skirmish. I’d drop lurker, to make it more useful.

2•Stalking Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 4
Vitality 3
Site 5
Lurker. Fierce. Enduring
While at a forest site, this minion is strength +2. While this minion is unwounded, the Free Peoples player may not assign it to skirmish.
U
(made it unique)

Wise decision!

1 Caught in a Web Gollum
Condition
To play, spot a Gollum minion. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-Bearer). Limit one per bearer. While skirmishing a Gollum spider, bearer is strength -1. Shadow: If the fellowship is at a forest site, you may play this condition from your discard pile.
C
(Made it limit one per bearer, and added a little twist)

I liked the old one better, it doesn’t do much that’ll actually get characters killed. Unless you add some VERY neat cards that require discarding cards from hande to use (so the Shadow player wouldn’t "lose" his cards), I think you should cut the limit AND leave the "twist".

1 Fearful Mazes Gollum
Event-Skirmish
Make a Gollum minion strength +2 (or +3 and Damage+1 if at a forest site.)
U
(Now spiders have THEIR Violent Hurl. You may think it too good, but [Uruk-Hai] hunters get their hunter boost too...)

I think the damage bonus would be more then enough for a Spider... You could make it damage +1 AND get to choose between exerting it or healing it, if you wanted! Would be pretty cool and unique!

2 Leaping out of the Shadows Gollum
Condition-Support Area
To play, exert a Gollum minion. The shadow player may decide the order of skirmishes involving Gollum lurkers.
U

Still too powerful, being non-unique. Making it unique would make players pack less copies, thus lessening the power a bit.

1 Dark Hunger Gollum
Condition-Support Area
While you can spot a Gollum minion, the current site is a forest. Skirmish: Discard this condition and exert a Gollum minion twice to heal a Gollum minion.
C

Again, too broken at common, and non-unique.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards