LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:55 pm
I’ll probably put a limit on the first card... although the spiders won’t be too powerful... maybe they’ll all be enduring though... I don’t know I have so many ideas.

I like "Fearful Mazes" and the forest bonus. I’ll probably change it to that.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:57 pm
elf lvr wrote:
2 Curse of the Black River Gollum
Condition-Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot a companion. Each time that companion heals, add a Gollum token on this card. Skirmish: Remove a Gollum token from here to make a Gollum minion strength +2.

Looks good - I don’t think you need a limit. If anything, maybe it should be +3 strength... after all, you only get tokens if the companion heals.
Quote:
1 Caught in a Web Gollum
Condition
To play, spot a Gollum minion. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-Bearer). While skirmishing a Gollum spider, bearer is strength -1.

Hmm... really, I would be fine if there was no "limit 1 per bearer". After all, it’s only -1 strength, and once the companion dies the conditions will be discarded. I suppose you could have the limit, but it would definitely need a better ability.
Quote:
1 Out From the Shadows Gollum
Event-Shadow
Play a Gollum spider from your discard pile. Then, if the fellowship is at a forest site, add 3.

Awesome!
Quote:
1 Ferocity Born of Hatred Gollum
Event-Skirmish
Make a Gollum minion strength +2 (or +4 if skirmishing a wounded companion).

Nice! It would also be great (as you said) as Forest Mazes, with the +4 strength triggering at a forest.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:08 pm
Hmmm... so AC has a different take on things... and I like it! These spiders are going to need some power if they would have to stand up to the shadow sides out there today...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:00 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
BTW...when are more spiders coming?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:09 am
I apoligize for spamming, but I would like to know when the other culture threads will be up and running. (I’m itchin’ to make some trolls! Very Happy ). Any feedback is good feedback. Wink
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
BTW...when are more spiders coming?

Soon as I get ’em done. I’m having a bit of a DC ’writers block’ for those spiders right now, so I just went ahead and did some conditions and events.

Hopefully, they’ll be here soon, but don’t count on it today.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:23 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
I apoligize for spamming, but I would like to know when the other culture threads will be up and running. (I’m itchin’ to make some trolls! Very Happy ). Any feedback is good feedback. Wink

I’m going to be starting these threads about one or two at a time. And I’m being careful to not start all the big ones at once.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:08 pm
Okay, here we go. These are the last cards, and contain the spiders (and a few helpful conditions). I don’t have many unifying themes for the spiders as of yet, and so I threw a few individual game texts onto the spiders. Please review and tell me what strategies you think would fit and work best.

6 Ravenous Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 8
Vitality 6
Site 8
Fierce. Enduring.
While at a forest site, this minion is strength +2. Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may exert a companion who is assigned to skirmish a Gollum spider.

5 Web-Weaver Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 9
Vitality 5
Site 8
Fierce. Enduring. Lurker.
Each time this minion is assigned to skirmish a hunter you may exert it twice.

4 Hunting Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 6
Vitality 4
Site 6
Fierce. Hunter 2. Enduring.

3 Skulking Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 6
Lurker. Fierce. Enduring.
This minion cannot be overwhelmed. A character skirmishing this minion is damage+1.

2 Stalking Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 4
Vitality 3
Site 5
Lurker. Fierce. Enduring
While at a forest site, this minion is strength +2. While this minion is unwounded, the Free Peoples player may not assign it to skirmish.

2 Leaping out of the Shadows Gollum
Condition-Support Area
To play, exert a Gollum minion. The shadow player may decide the order of skirmishes involving Gollum lurkers.

1 .Dark Hunger Gollum
Condition-Support Area
While you can spot a Gollum minion, the current site is a forest. Skirmish: Discard this condition and exert a Gollum minion twice to heal a Gollum minion.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:28 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Okay, here we go. These are the last cards, and contain the spiders (and a few helpful conditions). I don’t have many unifying themes for the spiders as of yet, and so I threw a few individual game texts onto the spiders. Please review and tell me what strategies you think would fit and work best.

6 Ravenous Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 8
Vitality 6
Site 8
Fierce. Enduring.
While at a forest site, this minion is strength +2. Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may exert a companion who is assigned to skirmish a Gollum spider.
I like this one...a tad bit strong, perhaps. But a nice minion. I’d lower the strength to 6, since Ravenous Spider is enduring.
5 Web-Weaver Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 9
Vitality 5
Site 8
Exert who? I can see the benefit of exerting either one...clarify. Otherwise, a good minion.
4 Hunting Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 6
Vitality 4
Site 6
Pretty nice.
3 Skulking Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 6
This minion cannot be overwhelmed. A character skirmishing this minion is damage+1.
Ooh, ouch! I love the way you force this minion to take two wounds for the enduring bonus!
2 Stalking Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 4
Vitality 3
Site 5
Lurker. Fierce. Enduring
While at a forest site, this minion is strength +2. While this minion is unwounded, the Free Peoples player may not assign it to skirmish.
Pretty good...although make it cost 3, perhaps?
Condition-Support Area
To play, exert a Gollum minion. The shadow player may decide the order of skirmishes involving Gollum lurkers.
Good. I love the fact that you can exert an enduring minion.
1 .Dark Hunger Gollum
Condition-Support Area
While you can spot a Gollum minion, the current site is a forest. Skirmish: Discard this condition and exert a Gollum minion twice to heal a Gollum minion.
Nice! Maybe it should cost a bit more though, considering its power.

I like the enduring theme, and the lurkers are good too. Maybe you could add some captain action, to combo with the lurkers?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:27 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
elf lvr wrote:

I think spiders are costly enough to demand synergy or multiple drops. I think it’d be nice having Spiders as "jacks of all trades", while fetching them could depend on what do you weant to do (there IS a card that fetches spiders, right?)

6 Ravenous Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 8
Vitality 6
Site 8
Fierce. Enduring.

Cool card. How about exerting IT to exert a companion? Makes it even bigger!

5 Web-Weaver Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 9
Vitality 5
Site 8

Nice.

4 Hunting Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 6
Vitality 4
Site 6

Didn’t like it very much, not sure why.

3 Skulking Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 6

And how about raising its vitality, and making it able to exert to replace a Gollum character in a skirmish, without compromising the skirmish it’s assigned to? It’d make it a nice shield. Maybe raising the cost a little, it could be worth it. Just lose the damage part.

2 Stalking Spider Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 4
Vitality 3
Site 5
Lurker. Fierce. Enduring

Nice. Ferny-spider.

Condition-Support Area

Cool. Maybe exert twice, makes’em juicier. But at a higher cost, of course.

1 .Dark Hunger Gollum
Condition-Support Area

Good enough, although having it be unique may be a little too much...
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards