LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:46 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
elf lvr wrote:

Here’s a few ideas for gollums:

2 .Gollum, Riddle Master Gollum
Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
When you play Gollum, spot a Gollum minion to reveal a card at random from the free peoples player’s hand. Add [x], where [x] is the twilight cost of the revealed card.
That’s a nice card right there.
2 .Gollum, Murderer Gollum
Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
Lurker.
Each time another Gollum minion wins a skirmish, make Gollum strength +2.
I like that, too. That’s a good reverse-captain effect. And Gollum could become nasty in a swarm!
Thoughts?

Okay, so now here’s what I’ve got:

8•Ungoliant, Gloomweaver Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 10
Vitality 10
Site 8
Captain. Enduring. Fierce.
When you play Ungoliant, you may play up to 2 Gollum Spiders from your discard pile.
Ouch! Possibly lose the fierce? Because it’s a really powerful card right now. I’ve also got some issues with the fact that Ungoliant was a First Age creature...you could easily change it to something else.
2 .Gollum, Riddle-Master Gollum
Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
When you play Gollum, you may spot a Gollum minion to reveal a card at random from the free peoples player’s hand. Add [x], where [x] is the twilight cost of the revealed card.

2 .Gollum, Murderer Gollum
Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
Lurker.
Each time a minion wins a skirmish, make Gollum strength +2 until the regroup phase.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:50 pm
2 Master of the Precious Gollum
Event • Skirmish
Exert the Ring-bearer twice to make Smeagol strength +X, where X is the Ring-bearer’s strength.

This card is somewhat like a Freeps alteration of Gollum, Hopeless. This could be very powerful with a Gandwarves deck!

0 We Swears Gollum
Event
Fellowship: Spot Smeagol and discard up to 2 cards from hand to draw the same number of cards.

This card is pretty sweet; its ability is just a usage of muster during the fellowship phase. Razz

0 Flickering Lights Gollum
Event • Fellowship
Exert Smeagol and add 3 to remove a burden (limit 2).

A great burden-removal card. This would be a great combo with Ents, because of their high vitality.

2 • Through the Marshes Gollum
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smeagol.
Each time a burden is added, place a Gollum token here.
Maneuver: Remove 4 tokens from here to remove a burden.

This is a sweet card to take off a couple of burdens that are putting extra pressure on your fellowship.
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
4 Master of the Precious Gollum
Event • Skirmish
Exert the Ring-bearer to make Smeagol strength +X, where X is the Ring-bearer’s strength.

Seems balanced enough... although I would maybe add another exertion and drop the twilight cost a bit.
Quote:
1 We Swears Gollum
Event
Fellowship: Spot Smeagol and discard a card from hand to draw a card.

Decent... although the net result is discarding 2 cards to draw 1. Maybe you should say "discard up to 2 cards from hand to draw the same number of cards", and also drop the cost to 0.
Quote:
0 Flickering Lights Gollum
Event • Fellowship
Exert a companion and add 3 to remove a burden (limit 2).

Not culturally enforced... and I don’t think it needs the limit.
Quote:
2 • Through the Marshes Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Each time a burden is added, place a Gollum token here.
Maneuver: Remove 4 tokens from here to remove a burden.

Again, not culturally enforced. If you add something like "To play, spot Smeagol" then it’d be nice.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:38 pm
Okay, I think Gollum culture has two rares... are any of your cards rare, AP? assign the rarity to your cards and I’ll fill up the rest...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:46 pm
The rarity isn’t final...don’t do anything drastic yet.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:14 pm
I just saw AC’s post... so yah, I’ll hold off.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:15 pm
2 Curse of the Black River Gollum
Condition-Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot a companion. Each time that companion heals, add a Gollum token on this card. Skirmish: Remove a Gollum token from here to make a Gollum minion strength +2.

1 Caught in a Web Gollum
Condition
To play, spot a Gollum minion. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-Bearer). While skirmishing a Gollum spider, bearer is strength -1.

1 Out From the Shadows Gollum
Event-Shadow
Play a Gollum spider from your discard pile. Then, if the fellowship is at a forest site, add 3.

1 Ferocity Born of Hatred Gollum
Event-Skirmish
Make a Gollum minion strength +2 (or +4 if skirmishing a wounded companion).
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:38 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
elf lvr wrote:
Condition-Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot a companion. Each time that companion heals, add a Gollum token on this card. Skirmish: Remove a Gollum token from here to make a Gollum minion strength +2.

You could play it on the companion himself, making more obvious that HE is the one pumping the minions! Would be fun.

1 Caught in a Web Gollum
Condition
To play, spot a Gollum minion. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-Bearer). While skirmishing a Gollum spider, bearer is strength -1.

How about a (limit 1 per bearer)? Otherwise, with cycling, it could get pretty mean, sapping 4 strength of a companion until he dies, than sapping another one and so forth...

Event-Shadow
Play a Gollum spider from your discard pile. Then, if the fellowship is at a forest site, add 3.

Cool, I like it!

Event-Skirmish

Could it be +4 if the Fellowship is at a forest site? Or have spiders get damage +1 while at forests?
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:41 pm
d'oh! I meant it to say limit one per bearer...

yah, a forest site would be a good idea, but i wanted to keep with a gollum wounding idea, no idea what it will end up being.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:38 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Condition-Support Area
Nice. I would put a limit on it.
1 Caught in a Web Gollum
Condition
Limit per bearer, definitely...although Lost in the Woods can get pretty nasty too.
Event-Shadow
Nice! I love the tie-in to forests.
Event-Skirmish
Good card. Forest bonuses would be more along the lines of a card like "Fearful Mazes".

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards