LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:33 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
60-60-60...yeah, we should have a rare count for culture specific. You can discuss...don’t make any DCs with rarity until we straighten that out.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:36 pm
Sorry, I’m a little late in posting in this thread.

EL, I’ll be glad to take the FP Gollums. Smile The idea of a 14/6 Shadow/FP split sounds good. Cool
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:12 pm
Okay, cool. If anyone has any ideas for cards that they’d like to be inculded, please post something here or pm me.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:54 pm
The obvious other "tank" spider besides shelob is Ungoliant. Trying to make it powerful (she was Morgoth’s accomplice in attacking the Valar) without being overpowered, I’ve come up with this, what do you think?

10 .Ungoliant, Gloomweaver Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 12
Vitality 8
Site 8
Captain. Enduring. Fierce.
When you play Ungoliant, you may play two Gollum minions from your discard pile.

I’m thinking that however powerful it is, a 10 twilight cost with the abiltiy to play minions from your discard pile is a little twilight demanding. Maybe have some way to decrease her twilight cost? But how to do that without overpowering the card... I think the minion playing is a fitting ability, because Ungoliant is the first great spider, and the mother of all others.

Perhaps we could drop enduring to simply add to strength (captain won’t do much good in fierce skirmishes, well, maybe, if the other spiders are fierce...) and maybe add a toil cost?

Here’s a few ideas for gollums:

2 .Gollum, Riddle Master Gollum
Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
When you play Gollum, spot a Gollum minion to reveal a card at random from the free peoples player’s hand. Add [x], where [x] is the twilight cost of the revealed card.

2 .Gollum, Murderer Gollum
Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
Lurker.
Each time another Gollum minion wins a skirmish, make Gollum strength +2.

Thoughts?

Okay, so now here’s what I’ve got:

8•Ungoliant, Gloomweaver Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 10
Vitality 10
Site 8
When you play Ungoliant, you may play up to 2 Gollum Spiders from your discard pile.

2 .Gollum, Riddle-Master Gollum
Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
When you play Gollum, you may spot a Gollum minion to reveal a card at random from the free peoples player’s hand. Add [x], where [x] is the twilight cost of the revealed card.
Alive without breath, cold as death...

Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
Lurker.
Each time a minion wins a skirmish, make Gollum strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Murderer!
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:18 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:32 pm
elf lvr wrote:
The obvious other "tank" spider besides shelob is Ungoliant. Trying to make it powerful (she was Morgoth’s accomplice in attacking the Valar) without being overpowered, I’ve come up with this, what do you think?

Minion-Spider
Strength 12
Vitality 8
Site 8
When you play Ungoliant, you may play two Gollum minions from your discard pile.

Nice idea! A few suggestions: drop the cost to 8 and the strength to 10. Boost the vitality to 10, and toss in a spotting requirement, such as "To play, spot 2 Gollum conditions in your support area. Good card!

I’m thinking that however powerful it is, a 10 twilight cost with the abiltiy to play minions from your discard pile is a little twilight demanding. Maybe have some way to decrease her twilight cost? But how to do that without overpowering the card... I think the minion playing is a fitting ability, because Ungoliant is the first great spider, and the mother of all others.

Perhaps we could drop enduring to simply add to strength (captain won’t do much good in fierce skirmishes, well, maybe, if the other spiders are fierce...) and maybe add a toil cost?

Here’s a few ideas for gollums:

Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
When you play Gollum, spot a Gollum minion to reveal a card at random from the free peoples player’s hand. Add [x], where [x] is the twilight cost of the revealed card.

A little too powerful combined with the above Ungoliant. Change it to: "When you play Gollum, add X, where X is the number of threats you can spot." Spotting burdens is also an option.

Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
Lurker.

Very nice text. This would be beastly with AC’s captain! Applause

Thoughts?
I had to put something here.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:00 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
elf lvr wrote:

Minion-Spider
Strength 12
Vitality 8
Site 8
Captain. Enduring.
All Spiders are fierce.
When you play Ungoliant, you may play up to two Gollum spiders from your draw deck.

You might have to raise the cost a little, though, this seems pretty powerful, if there are cheap spiders. However, Watcher in the Water with Huge Tentacle and Foul Tentacles was not that great of a combo...

Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3

How ’bout exerting him? He could add tons of twilight for the Spiders!

Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
Lurker.
Each time another Gollum minion wins a skirmish, make Gollum strength +2 until the regroup phase.
I don't like YOU.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:58 pm
Here goes the Freeps Gollum!

0 • Smeagol, Forgotten Stoor Gollum
Companion
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 6
Ring-bound.
To play, add a threat or exert a companion.
Each time Smeagol wins a skirmish, remove a burden or a threat.

3 Stoor of Gladden Fields Gollum
Event
Fellowship: Discard a Gollum condition to discard the top card of your draw deck; if it is a Gollum card, heal X companions, where X is the twilight cost of the revealed card.

Because of the 14/6 ratio, I will finish up with three events and a condition.
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:52 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Minion-Spider
Strength 12
Vitality 8
Site 8

I’d mix AP’s advice with FM’s to get this:

8 •Ungoliant, Gloomweaver Gollum
Minion-Spider
Strength 10
Vitality 10
Site 8
When you play Ungoliant, you may play up to 2 Gollum Spiders from your discard pile.

Quote:
Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3

I like it a lot! The text really reflects the title. However, as FM said, you may want to add an exertion (or 2!).

Quote:
Minion
Strength 5
Vitality 4
Site 3
Lurker.

To make him more useful, I would let the strength bonus work when any minion wins a skirmish... not just a Gollum minion. Also, as FM said, make it last till the regroup phase.

Looks good so far! I’ll review AP’s cards soon.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:01 pm
Cool! Thanks for the feedback. I think I’ll go with AC’s suggestions, as they include everyone’s critisisms. Thanks!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:03 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
0 • Smeagol, Forgotten Stoor Gollum
Companion
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 6
To play, add a threat or exert a companion.
Each time Smeagol wins a skirmish, remove a burden or a threat.

Needs to be ring-bound. Other than that, I think he looks good.
Quote:
3 • Stoor of Gladden Fields Gollum
Condition
Plays on Smeagol.
Fellowship: Discard a Gollum condition to discard the top card of your draw deck; if it is a Gollum card, heal X companions, where X is the twilight cost of the revealed card.

Seems like it ought to be an event instead, although I suppose you could keep it as a condition if you really wanted to.

Good cards!

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards