LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:58 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
This is the thread for discussion of the Gollum Shadow culture for the AoN expansion. EL and PT are assigned to do this, and so they have the final word on all decisions. However, I encourage everyone to provide feedback and suggestions, and I’d love it if EL and PT could post DCs to get feedback on them.

There will be 20 Gollum cards total, the majority of which should be Shadow. I’m thinking maybe something like 10-14 Shadow cards, maybe?

Here’s my little bit of rambling about this culture...but remember: EL and AP have the final word on anything!

This culture has been known as the culture of wounding and suprise, and the spiders of Mirkwood could add some depth to this, perhaps even providing non-Shelob tanks among their ranks. Captain would be a great combination with lurkers in this culture. You might also want to consider conditions that play on companions, like entangling webs or the drowsiness of that enchanted Mirkwood river.
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:19 pm
Thanks for the ideas, CG!

I would love to work on the mirkwood spiders, PT, but I’m sure you would too... I suggest a 14-6 split for shadow/freeps on this culture, do you agree? Most of this should probably be done on pms, but i’m just brainstorming... maybe each one of us could do half the cards, meaning 7/3 for the each of us... and we could pm each other our cards before we post them...

Also since Gollum shadow culture has enough conditions, perhaps 10 minions, 3 conditions, and one event for the shadow would do...

I think we should add two new gollums (one common and one rare) for this set, and one rare spider, perhaps a rare condition. A new smeagol would be good too.

Have how many rares, commons, and uncommons each culture will have been decided? I think it was decided for the SET, but what about each culture?

Perhaps this would work for each of us:

5 minions apice, one doing the rare gollum, one the rare spider (assuming this rare count is good)
2 conditions for one, a condition (the rare one) and an event for the other.
Smeagol, a condition, and an event for one, a condition and two events for the other.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:57 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I know you both want to work on both sides, but that simply isn’t gonna cut it. It’s best if one makes the FP and one the Shadow, ’cause the cards must have synergy (biy, am I growing fond of this word or what? Very Happy ), so it’s better if one of you concede the Shadow, and stick to reviewing it. Of course, you can suggest new tweaks and cards, but that’s best done AFTER the core is made, because of synergy.
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:12 pm
Well, if we PMed each other our cards, then we could make changes to add synergy. But of course you’re right.

Maybe a 12-8 split would be better, then. I have never used the fellowship Gollum culture in a deck that worked, and have little idea of how to play it, and what cards would be good/bad for it. Except I’m not sure if PT has any more experience in it than I do.

Plus, I think a lot of cultures are being handled by two people.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:14 pm
Sorry for the double-post, but I don’t think PT ever said he wanted to work with the Gollum culture. It was AP, I beleive.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:36 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I think it’s gonna be a mess, WAAAAY to spread out, if we do it like this. Only one person should work on one culture (except Gollum/Smeagol, that would be treated as 2 cultures, althoug some cards would work on both sides), and the other stick to reviewing it, and giving some general ideas to add into AFTER the "core" of the culture is made. If someone has a great insight, and thinks a very cool card could be added, then the "owner" of the culture could eliminate another less-cool/efficient card and stick it in.
I don't like YOU.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:10 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Remember, this thread can have DCs and discussion. You don’t have to PM each other...have the discussion in here! That way you can get feedback from everyone.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:07 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Felipe Musco wrote:
I think it’s gonna be a mess, WAAAAY to spread out, if we do it like this. Only one person should work on one culture (except Gollum/Smeagol, that would be treated as 2 cultures, althoug some cards would work on both sides), and the other stick to reviewing it, and giving some general ideas to add into AFTER the "core" of the culture is made. If someone has a great insight, and thinks a very cool card could be added, then the "owner" of the culture could eliminate another less-cool/efficient card and stick it in.

wait CG am I doing DC’s for any cultures? if so what?

also can anyone review the DC’s?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:36 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
wait CG am I doing DC’s for any cultures? if so what?

It doesn’t look like you are. Let me check on the Allies of the North thread... let’s see... nope.
Quote:
also can anyone review the DC’s?

I believe so.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:16 pm
Okay, so AP is my partner in creating these cards. If he doesn’t get on in the next couple of days, I’ll go it alone for a while.

And have how many rares per culture been decided? did we even come up with a rare count for the set?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards