LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:51 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, here’s the thread for discussion of the Uruk-hai culture for the AoN expansion. Currently, we have AC assigned to this culture. So...others can chip in and give advice, but AC will have the final word on everything. I’d encourage him to make DCs here and get feedback. Then, when he’s finished, he’ll post the final list of DCs.

There will be 11 cards for the Uruk-hai culture.

Here’s a few thoughts of mine on this culture, just to get everything jump-started...just remember, as always, that AC has the final word.

It seems to be focused a lot on hunter in the Hunters block, and this looks like a good theme to tie everything together. There’s also a few fierce Uruks there, and some battleground tie-ins. Damage+1 would also be a cool thing to bring back.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:03 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hunter and damage +1 that would be cool.

but of course we only have 11 cards ot work with.
definitly hunter though.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:19 am
Here’s my current list of card titles for Uruk-hai:

Ambushing Uruk
Captain of Isengard
Dark Wave
Hunter Blade
Leave None Alive!
Marauding Uruk
Patrol of Uruks
Pillage and Burn
Raiding Uruk
ScoutingNOLINK Uruk
Uruk Destroyer

My ideas for the cards will come later. Cool
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:12 pm
Both Captain and Steeled could be used in this culture, I think. I can’t wait to see the cards you make!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:15 pm
First 4:

2 Ambushing Uruk Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Site Number: 5
Fierce. Hunter 1.
While you cannot spot a Free Peoples captain, the Free Peoples player may not play skirmish events or use skirmish special abilities during skirmishes involving this minion.

6 •Captain of Isengard Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 13
Vitality: 3
Captain. Damage +1.
While you control 2 sites (or you can spot a companion who has resistance 3 or less), this minion is fierce.

1 •Dark Wave Uruk-hai
Condition • Support Area
While you control a site, the twilight cost of the first Uruk-hai minion played at each site is -1 (or -2 if you control 3 sites).
Shadow: Discard an Uruk-hai minion from hand to add 1.

1 Hunter Blade Uruk-hai
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Uruk-hai minion.
If bearer is a hunter, bearer is strength +1 for each wounded companion you can spot (limit +3).
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:49 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
First 4:

2 Ambushing Uruk Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Fierce. Hunter 1.
While you cannot spot a Free Peoples captain, the Free Peoples player may not play skirmish events or use skirmish special abilities during skirmishes involving this minion.

Captain needs to be in bold. Also, taking by the name, shouldn’t he have AT LEAST Ambush 1? Also, if he’s a hunter and an ambusher, then he’d be somewhat of a tracker, so he should either get the tracker keyword, and get a strength bonus on the second skirmish, or lose fierce.

6 •Captain of Isengard Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 13
Vitality: 3
Captain. Damage +1.
While you control 2 sites (or if you can spot a companion who has resistance 3 or less), this minion is fierce.

Lose the "if".

1 •Dark Wave Uruk-hai
Condition • Support Area
The twilight cost of the first Uruk-hai minion played at each site is -1.
Shadow: Discard a Uruk-hai minion from hand to add 1.

Not flavorful enough... Maybe, "Plays on a site you control: the twilight cost of the first Uruk-hai minion played at each site is -1 for each keyword it shares with the controlled site"?

1 Hunter Blade Uruk-hai
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Uruk-hai minion.
If bearer is a hunter, bearer is strength +1 for each wounded companion you can spot (limit +3).

Lose the "a", bold "hunter".
I don't like YOU.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:12 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Captain needs to be in bold.

A common misconception. It’s shouldn’t be in bold - see cards from the Hunters that reference the hunter keyword for an example.
Quote:
Also, taking by the name, shouldn’t he have AT LEAST Ambush 1?

No, not necessarily. I figured he’d "ambush" companions with his text, unless a captain was present.
Quote:
Also, if he’s a hunter and an ambusher, then he’d be somewhat of a tracker, so he should either get the tracker keyword, and get a strength bonus on the second skirmish, or lose fierce.

Remember that Uruks in the Uruk-hai culture are not trackers.
Quote:
Not flavorful enough... Maybe, "Plays on a site you control: the twilight cost of the first Uruk-hai minion played at each site is -1 for each keyword it shares with the controlled site"?

Eh, I don’t really like that ability that much. Seems kinda odd. I’ll change the card a bit though.
Quote:
Lose the "a", bold "hunter".

For the first part, do the mean the ’a’ in ’If bearer is a hunter’? That would be incorrect, as you wouldn’t say ’If bearer is hunter’. As for the 2nd part, again, check out cards in Hunters, and you’ll realize that it shouldn’t be bold.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:36 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yeah, sorry about that, I was treating hunter as fierce... Embarassed Same goes for the "a", if it was a keyword in the same way fierce is, it shouldn’t have the a (even if "minion" was written after fierce). Again, sorry about that! d'oh!
I guess I’ll quit the developing team for this expansion, I’d have to study the newer cards to get some knowledge, and I don’t have that kind of time right now...
Good luck to you guys! I expect a great job!
I don't like YOU.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:09 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
BTW, I’d love it if, as the cards come in, they get refined and edited, until we have a final product. I’m a bit of a perfectionist. Very Happy
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:35 pm
Anyone else got any comments? I’ll post the next 4 tomorrow.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards