LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:33 pm
--- description ---
This deck combines the Advance Orcs with Sauron Uruk-hai for a strong beat-down deck.
--- end description ---

Shadow (33)
Advance Captain x4
Advance Regular x3
Advance Marauder x3
Advance Scout x4
Cirith Ungol Sentinel x4
Cirith Ungol Sentry x3
Troll of Cirith Gorgor x3
Shagrat, Captain of Cirith Ungol x2
Rank and File x3
Flames Within x2
Grond, Hammer of the Underworld x2

Okay, so this could technically be a King Block deck, but I’m pairing it with an Expanded Freeps, and I might make some changes to it.

The idea is to add lots of tokens to Rank and File early, and then play several minions. The result will be devastating: a bunch of minions that are damage +1 (from Advance Captain), fierce (from Advance Regular), and high-strength (from Advance Marauder and Rank and File).

Flames Within is a cheap strength boost - sometimes it’ll give everyone +2 strength, or I can discard it to make one of my minions strength +2 (or +4 if roaming).

Grond, Hammer of the Underworld is there to get rid of anything that could annoy me.

Shagrat, Captain of Cirith Ungol and Troll of Cirith Gorgor are both big minions that can pack a punch, especially combined with the Advance minions.

A site 6 swarm isn’t so hard either - the Sentinels can be free, and I have a bunch of 2 and 3 cost minions. All I really need to do is get one minion on the Ring-bearer, and Rank and File will finish the game.

Please comment!

P.S. I used to have a deck very similar to this... it would consistantly get 30+ tokens on Rank and File. Cool
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
TheShyzle
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:25 pm
I used to play this deck online when ents were more popular. When someone used the Saved from the fire and dumped in a bunch of twilight I actually killed ents at site 2. It is evil if you have the pool. Here are my sugestions:

Advance Captain x4
Advance Regular x4
Advance Marauder x4
Advance Scout x4
Troll of Cirith Gorgor x4
Cirith Ungol Sentry x3
Sauron Dark Lord of Mordor
Ithil Stone x2
The Mouth of Sauron Lieutenant of Barad-dur
Rank and File x2
Flames Within x2
Grond, Hammer of the Underworld x2

I think this is what I used to play You need 4 of all the advance guys and 4 rank and file is just too much because it is unique. I might even put in 1 more Grond because people usually think that you only pack 2 and that way you don’t have to worry so much about the minion discarding aspect to prevent the double move. Not as if people are running past this shadow anyways but 3 Grbongd really hurts. Plus Sauron Dark Lord is awsome in this deck at site 6 & up he is pretty easy to drop for free...ouch esp if you have the scout and a captain out. Good job hope this helps. This deck is also standard legal.....nice!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:03 am
Thanks for the advice!

I like including more Uruks than you suggest, because they can be beasts when combined with the Advance Orcs. I usually find that the Advance Orcs aren’t that great on their own, but with the Uruks they are a force to be reckoned with.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
TheShyzle
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:01 pm
Yeah the extra Damage +1 is good for a butt stomping if you can win the skirmish.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:00 pm
Yes, and with Rank and File, Advance Marauder, and Flames Within there’s a good chance that the Uruks will win. Smile
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded