LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:25 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay. There probably won’t be that many trolls, though, just to let you know. They weren’t a focal point of this conflict, but there’s still going to be some.

Here’s a brief summary of what happens in the North:

Dol Guldur attacks Lorien three times. Sauron’s minions do damage, but the elves of Lorien are not defeated. After the Ring is destroyed, they raze Dol Guldur.

In Mirkwood, Thranduil’s kingdom is invaded, but the elves prevail.

The Men assault the Lonely Mountain, and defeat the dwarves and men; Brand and Dain Ironfoot are killed. There is a seige, and then the beseiged attack Sauron’s armies and defeat them.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:08 pm
I guess I’ll do Uruk-hai too.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:36 am
Ok, got you added.

I’ve decided to help out with the Dwarven, Gandalf, and Men cultures. I’ll be starting culture discussion threads shortly...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:36 pm
Okay, it’s time to revive this thread to discuss how many cards that each culture should get. We’re going by a 60R-60U-60C model here (plus a few S), so let’s list the cultures and decide just how much we want to give each one.

Dwarven
Elven
Gandalf
Gollum
Gondor
Men
Orc
Rohan
Shire
Uruk-hai
Wraith

My thoughts: Dwarven and Gandalf should get first priority here, followed by Elven. Men and Wraith ought to be the major Shadow cultures here, along with Gollum (lots of Mirkwood spiders!). Orc will also make an appearance, because there were probably a few goblins that showed up from Mount Gundabad.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:06 pm
Would this work?

Dwarven - 16
Elven - 13
Gandalf - 15
Gollum - 20
Gondor - 11
Men - 24
Orc - 17
Rohan - 12
Shire - 10
Uruk-hai - 14
Wraith - 22
Sites - 6

That makes 180. And then you can have extra S cards for the cultures that will be in starter decks.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:44 pm
Something like that looks good, although I’d be in favor of shifting some of the Uruk-hai cards and Gondor cards into Dwarven and Men. I’m also not so in favor of having as many Rohan cards as Elven cards, since Rohan had basically nothing to do with the theme of this set. Do you think we might be able to take 5-7 Rohan cards and move them into Elven or Dwarven?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:30 pm
Dwarven - 20
Elven - 15
Gandalf - 15
Gollum - 20
Gondor - 8
Men - 27
Orc - 17
Rohan - 9
Shire - 10
Uruk-hai - 11
Wraith - 22
Sites - 6

Alright... how about this?
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Okay. There probably won’t be that many trolls, though, just to let you know. They weren’t a focal point of this conflict, but there’s still going to be some.

Dol Guldur attacks Lorien three times. Sauron’s minions do damage, but the elves of Lorien are not defeated. After the Ring is destroyed, they raze Dol Guldur.

The Men assault the Lonely Mountain, and defeat the dwarves and men; Brand and Dain Ironfoot are killed. There is a seige, and then the beseiged attack Sauron’s armies and defeat them.

really? I never knew any of this brand and Dain DIE?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:51 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

really? I never knew any of this brand and Dain DIE?

Yeah, it’s all in the Appendices of LOTR. Right after the big LOTR timeline.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:52 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Dwarven - 20
Elven - 15
Gandalf - 15
Gollum - 20
Gondor - 8
Men - 27
Orc - 17
Rohan - 9
Shire - 10
Uruk-hai - 11
Wraith - 22
Sites - 6

Alright... how about this?

Looks good!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards