LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

66%
  [ 8 ]  66%

16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:55 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Well, that’s ok. I’ll see what I can dig out on the matter of using Wraith’s for corruption..
I think that you could focus on the burden-adding one, and maybe use minions like Bill Ferny, Swarthy Snearing Fellow (although I’m not sure there’re minions like him in standard...) or something like that, to "force" the freeps player to assign him. Also, some cards to recycle him back from the discard pile, so you can play more than 8. That alone, with Nelya constantly playing Courtyard Parapet back and forth again, will be almost enough to corrupt them... Too bad it’s standard, Gollum, Mad Thing + Evil-smelling Fens would be killer... You see, although it IS nice to use all the Wraiths, it’s not really that necessary... Although that diminishes the power of the burden-adding events... AHHHHH!!!! I’m completly lost!
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:59 am
I don’t think there are any cards that force the free peoples player to assign a minion, Bill Ferny can’t be assigned by the free peoples player and some shadow cards let the shadow player assign, but... the way I hope it will go is this: If they leave him unassigned, I can assign him myself and use Sense of Obligation to its full power. And if they do opt to assign him, they get a burden. Its a lose-lose situation for them.

Something that pulls back minions would be extremely helpful, however...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:32 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
There is Out of Sight and Shot, Morgul Squealer, A Shadow Fell Over Them and Hatred Stirred, although only Morgul Squealer seems to fit it nicely enough... Hatred Stirred, though, IS an option, since you can use only 1-2 in a deck...
I don't like YOU.
Lord of the Shire
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:35 am
Interesting strategy. You very well know that burden removal could be the end of you. One thing...you said you need to take out eight cards to make it slimmer but you take out five...might want to change that.
But overall, good article.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 am
Impressive deck, considering this is the first one posted on this site to use the new Wraiths Mini-set. Even though the deck is a bit large, the turbo corruption makes it worth it! I give it a 4.
I had to put something here.
Gate Troll
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:42 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
Good Work elf lvr. Applause Applause Applause
I’ve tried writing an article [It never worked]
and it was very hard to do. Good job! Cool
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:49 pm
Keep trying. I’d love to hear an article from you! Very Happy
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:34 pm
Hey, the Wraith Collection is in! Dancing Hopefully I’ve convinced a few people to look into these new cards!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
whoah the thread is hot!

burns flying.

but it looks like everyone has reconciled tehir differences oh and elf vr your title should be different
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
TheShyzle
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:42 pm
One combo that could be added to this deck is The Mouth of Sauron Lieutenant of Barad-Dur with Sense of Obligation then you can assign him to their biggest companion even if he is the only minion you play you can still tack on a burden or two if you have the Sense of Obligation out already. Another card to consider would be Ithil Stone the exertion to play it is good for your enduring guys, another card in the shadow phase is good, and if you drop in a Sauron Dark Lord of Mordor it could help get him out. I know you are looking for the corruption victory but dead comps are always good. He is also good for your enduring guys by playing him with his reduced text cost. I personally think you could drop all Nazgul except Enquea and add The Mouth and a Dark Lord and the deck would do well. Just my thoughts. Good Article I will give you a 4.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest