LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

66%
  [ 8 ]  66%

16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:17 pm
I edited a tpost above, just after felipe’s. just wanted to draw your attention to that.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:27 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Wait...how do the Wraiths fight choke decks? If anything, most of them are more expensive than Nazgul. And you could always put more Nazgul in to toil out Keening Wail. Any Wraith minion would do. But you are right about Dark Swooping Shadows.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:29 pm
Wraiths? more expensive than nazgul? candle corpses costs 3, dead faces 2, and covetous wisp 2...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:38 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
And then you exert them with Keening Wail? There’s Morcs that are just as cheap, and all of those Wisps take extra twilight for their abilities. So add on 2 to each of those costs, and you’ve got something weaker than Black Rider, but for the same price.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:47 pm
The only remove 2 ability i need to use is that of covetous wisp, and even that isn’t necisary. besides, morcs can’t use dark swooping shadows.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
fingolfin
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:35 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
I love the many ways to corrupt.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:11 pm
Thank you, fingolfin.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Pipeweed
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:40 pm
Good solid article, EL. I’m impressed Very Happy

I would give a longer review, but I would just be reiterating what others have said. All in all, a very sold 4.

Good Work Very Happy
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:56 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
elf lvr wrote:
Quote:
I don’t care if two companions die. I don’t care if they can give such-and-such a companion 67 strength. All I care about is adding burdens.

I think by suggesting these splashes, and removing the wraiths entirely, we are defeating the purpose of the deck. I was making a corruption strategy with the wraiths. that was the whole point of the article. I know there are other cards for corruption out there, but THEY ARE NOT WHAT THE DECK IS ABOUT. Sure, if you want to make a corruption deck with just the nazgul, thats fine with me, but my deck is about the wraiths, and works just fine, thank you. If you want to make an entirely new deck, post it to the deck clinic, or write your own article, instead of telling me I need to make an entirely new deck.

I sincerely appreciate your comments, honestly, but if your going to totally disregard the point and purpose of my article and deck strategy, I dont see the point in you posting here.

Wow! Shocked Now THAT’S harsh... Let me chew on that for a while...
Ok, since you EDITED this post to look like that (which means you DIDN’T write it in flaming angNOLINKer or something like that), and seeing as you actually bothered writing ANOTHER post to draw attention to the fact that you edited it into this, I’ll reserve me the right to answer it in your own terms, although most of you may be surprised, since I don’t usually do this, but that atitude REALLY pissed me off. So here goes:

*Inhales deeply*
-Don’t get me wrong, I AM a big fan of Nazguls and corruption, and I liked those Wraiths a lot for their flavor, I’d love to have them, but I think I’ve enough experience in deckbuilding to give you feedback in the sense that THAT STRATEGY SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK FOR STANDARD. Too weak.
-Your Article’s title talks about corruption. If you want an Article to be SOLELY about Wraiths, NAME IT that way.
-Your description mentions Wraiths, yes, when you say we should "look at the future", but the Wraiths are a promo set for flavor, so THERE IS NO FUTURE in that, as for now.
-You subliminarly state, in the beggining of your article (which, btw, I TOOK the time to read through and review it, rather than just voting by the others), that "corruption is gone, unless you pay attention to the new Wraiths", and my posts are there to make a point: that’s not true.
-You claim your article to be about Wraiths, and corrupting with them, and your biggest weapons are Ulaire Enquea, Ulaire Toldea and Ulaire Nelya. What are they? Nazguls. I didn’t hear it, can you repeat? Nazguls. WHAT?!? NAZGULS!!!!! Oh, ok, just checking...
-Most of those Wraiths, in order to work their abilities, have to spot another Wraith Wraith. So, they DO cost A LOT more than the Nazguls.
-You said you cared about adding burdens. What are you implying, that you can’t read? Or that you can’t remember what you wrote? My suggestions DO add burdens, even more than those damnable Wraiths! And, if you try to say you meant adding burdens with Wraiths, well, what a bad liar you’ll be, since that is IMPOSSIBLE with just the Wraiths we have so far.
-One final tip: READ the article before posting it, it’s missing some links, and it is SHOWING links that should have the "NO LINK" command.
-PS: I WILL post ANYWHERE I want, ANYTHING I want, as long as it belongs there (and reviews DO belong here) and it’s not offensive, and my posts usually don’t tend to be. At least, this is how it’s going to be as long as Cobra’s the boss ’round here, and if THAT someday changes, THEN I’ll think about what I’ll do. I’ve NEVNOLINKER received ONE SINGLE COMPLAINT from Cobra for my posts, I actually got a lot of good feedback from them.
-PPS: To CarpeGuitarrem: as president of the CC Council, which is on the verge of stating one of their objectives as being "making USEFUL posts", I think your subordinate deserves a reprimend for this childish behavior, even though it suits him well, due to his early age.
*Exhales deeply*

Well, I guess I made my point, bash me all you want, you know that you deserved every bit of harshness in my response, since you almost ASKED for it.
That said, I WON’T carry this discussion further, since I happen to like you a lot as a good member of the CC Community, nor will I let this cloud my judgement if I ever read another article from you. I thought of writing a counter-article, but that would be too much for a single harsh post, I guess... So, as I said, I just think that, being a youngling, you should learn that every action has consequences, and this post is a consequence of your actions.
Hope you don’t haNOLINKte me for it, although that may be asking too much.
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:49 am
No, I don’t hate you for it, in fact it is rightfully all deserved, even in my ’early age’ I can plainly see that. I spoke out a little rashly and harshly, I will admit.

Back to the subject of the actual deck, however, I do believe corruption with the new wraiths work, although it has been proved to me (time and again, by the same person, as a matter of fact Wink ) that other corruption strategies are far from dead.

The only thing that I have a problem with is that we still seem to be comparing two different decks against each other, and I think that is a topic more related to the deck clinic than here, although I am not ignorant enough to say it has no relevance.

I believe my strategy works, you don’t. End of story. You won’t convince me otherwise, and I’m sure I won’t change your opinion, either. I would appreciate all the advice I can get for this deck, but if you think that the way I could improve my deck is by making another deck, I can hardly do that without tearing up my article and starting again. Which I may have to do, but I will admit, it seems obvious that there is one expert on Wraith corruption posting here, and it sure as hell isn’t me.

I’m sorry if my attitude ’pissed you off’, it seems to do that to plenty of people nowadays...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest