LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

66%
  [ 8 ]  66%

16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:22 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Hum... where did I see this format before? I wonder...
Hehehe, just kidding. Very nice deck, AND very nice article, too, I’m tweaking it a little, seeing if it works with the changes I made, and if any of them is beneficial, I’ll post them here. I’ll vote later, due to that.
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:54 am
Well, so far, my first suggestion is: post the adventure path.
Take out Attea, and add in Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders. You can re-play Courtyard Parapet, add burdens AND take full advantage of the following sites, using Nelya’s ability:
-Buckland Homestad
-Woody-End
-The Angle
-Pelennor Flat
-Slag Mounds
-Abandoned Mine Shaft
Also, if you REALLY want Enquea to become a power house, add in 2 Fell Beasts, AND one more Between Nazgul and Prey. Combining this with Sense of Obligation, in a "perfect" hand (not including any other exertions due to toil, and not counting on the extra vitality from Ring of Asperity, which you could think of adding), this means 6 burdens!

However, I actually think you could even considering dropping most (actually, all) of the Wraiths, and trying out this decklist:

Fell Beast x2
Black Marshal x2 (prevents choking or stops the freeps player)
Ulaire Otsea, Thrall of the One x2 (prevents choking or stops the freeps player)
Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders x3
The Pale Blade, Sword of Flame x2
The Witch-king x3 (either Morgul King, Black Lord or Captain of the Nine Riders)
Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow x2
Ulaire Attea, Second of the Nine Riders x2
Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One x4
Sense of Obligation x3
Between Nazgul and Prey x4
Dark Swooping Shadows x3
Keening Wail x4
Ring of Asperity x2
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:39 am
Thanks for the feedback, Felipe! With what everyone has said, I think I will put in a couple of Nelyas, along with the site path you suggested. Actually, I only included Attea because I needed more nazgul, and was looking for some that could add burdens. Nelya simply slipped under my radar. One minior flaw I would like to point out is that fell beast is rotated out, and this deck is for standard format. I like the Enquea combo very much, but have a very, very hard time believing that a) You will get the right cards at the right time and b) you will get enough twilight to pull it off, with most of the sites (if i’m not mistaken) being low-costing. I really like your deck, but mine was meant to utilize the wraiths, and in the games its played, it has worked very well. I may need to tweak the fellowship side a bit, however.

I try to stop my deck from having problems with choking decks, and believe me, I doubt that black marshall will help at all. First, you must play a nazgul, and have the twilight to play another, just to add a measly 1. Ghastly Host in combination with some threat adding cards (there came a cry and possibly Dark Swooping Shadows) would work better. But that isn’t very relevant, considering I will almost always use Dark Swooping shadows to add my burdens. It is a very low-costing card, for example, I use two dark swooping shadows, Undead of Angmar, and Covetous Wisp. If the free peoples player assigns covetous wisp, thats 10 twilight for 3 burdens. Not hard to pull off, even against a deck that chokes.

One more slight problem, you cannot use five 0-costing sites in one site path. You have courtyard parapet, Abandoned Mine Shaft, buckland homestead, woody-end, and the angle. I can definately see how woody-end would help, pulling back nazgul like nelya, or toldea, or especially enquea. Good thinking there.

Thats all for now, keep the comments coming!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:01 pm
I thought that only the Fellowship block was rotated... Now I’m confused, which ones are out?
Also, I didn’t know about this site rule. But, you COULD add in some forests/battlegrounds and use Shadowy Mount... You could also consider using Fortress of Orthanc, althoug I’m not sure it would be worth it. You can use these, though:
-Expanding Marshland

Yeah, Field Marshal just plain sucks, I didn’t know what to put in that 2-card gap... However, if you simply take them out, the deck thins, but Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin DOES come to mind in that slot (but I think it wuold be better for you to let them break the rule of 5, more twilight), as does Gollum, Mad Thing (but he’s not that useful in this build, Gollum, Skulker, might be better)... Using the Dwarven engine you mentioned, the combo I suggested shouldn’t be THAT hard to pull off...
Assuming a Dwarven fellowship, Nelya can help it too (also, recycle some battlegrounds for Shadowy Mount), letting you re-use the following:
-Barazinbar
-Chamber of Mazarbul
-Moria Guardroom
-Moria Stairway
-North Undeep
-Helm’s Gate

Just some random thoughts
I don't like YOU.
Gagnut
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:05 pm
I really like the article, the only thing I saw, was Keening Wail with enduring wraiths, it would be sweet. Is this deck standard?
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:08 pm
I might test out expanding marshland. It hasn’t helped me yet, but who knows?

Fellowship and Towers blocks are out. Shadowy mount is a good idea, plus it gives extra vitality. I have a couple of questions though:

-In my deck, is shadowy mount better than Ring of Asperity?
-In my deck, is fierce or vitality+1 going to help significantly?
-In my deck, what is LESS helpfull than those two cards, that should be taken out for them?

Dont take that the wrong way, they’re all great ideas, but I just don’t know how to fit them in the deck. For now, slag mounds is out for expanding marshland (like I said, I don’t expect to win skirmishes, much less kill companions).
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:26 pm
Battleground/Forest (easy to pull with Nelya) + Cantea + Shadowy Mount = 2 dead companions, if they break the rule of 5.
Battleground/Forest (easy to pull with Nelya) + The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders + Shadowy Mount + Pale Blade + Enquea (not THAT hard, I mean, you DO have Woody-End... Just pull back Enquea and toil to death) = 5 burdens, at least (6 if you also play the ring).
So, yes, you could drop Attea, for instance, in favor of a little combo... Either more rings, more ways of playing the Pale-Blade or some nice splash (maybe even dropping the Ring, since it won’t make that much of a difference as the Mount will with TWkCotNR), like Easterling Regiment, Easterling Pillager, Gollum + Not Yet Vanquished, Surging up, Gorgoroth Stormer, Mocking Goblin + Porter Troll, you get the picture...
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:14 pm
I don’t care if two companions die. I don’t care if they can give such-and-such a companion 67 strength. All I care about is adding burdens.

I think by suggesting these splashes, and removing the wraiths entirely, we are defeating the purpose of the deck. I was making a corruption strategy with the wraiths. that was the whole point of the article. I know there are other cards for corruption out there, but THEY ARE NOT WHAT THE DECK IS ABOUT. Sure, if you want to make a corruption deck with just the nazgul, thats fine with me, but my deck is about the wraiths, and works just fine, thank you. If you want to make an entirely new deck, post it to the deck clinic, or write your own article, instead of telling me I need to make an entirely new deck.

I sincerely appreciate your comments, honestly, but if your going to totally disregard the point and purpose of my article and deck strategy, I dont see the point in you posting here.
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:49 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
One problem I’ve got with the article: how does it specifically use Wraiths as a key element? That’s really what you seem to be promising, but they’re by no means the key portion of your deck. At its heart, the article’s all about the Nazzies.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:10 pm
Without the wraiths, I couldn’t toil out Keening Wail for next to nothing. Without the wraiths, I couldn’t use Dark Swooping Shadows to its full potential. Without the wraiths, I would be deystroyed by choke decks.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest