LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:09 pm
Kyldon breathed the cool night air. It was refreshing to his lungs. He breathed again, calming himself. The orcs and trolls had retreated and not appeared in Osgiliath for over a week, but his heart stirred with an unsettling sense of foreboding. The night was quiet. Too quiet, and something was not right.

NOTE: This thread is for the Siege of Osgiliath in ROTK, not in TT
Last edited by Pipeweed on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:20 am; edited 1 time in totalPipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:26 pm
Telmonar approached Kyldon. "The men are unable to rest," he said. "They sense that something awaits us." Kyldon nodded in agreement. Telmonar slowly drew his sword and gazed at the gleaming metal. "If battle greets us tonight, we will be ready," he said.
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin walked he saw Telmonar and Klydon conversing he walked up to them.

"Death is in the air there shall be a battle tonight" he said. They each nodded and the 3 of them drew their bows nocked an arrow and moved towards the eastern shore shore.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:32 pm
Valbeorn hobbles over to where the three men are gathered, knocking into trash and knocking over stuff. He approaches them, they barely need to turn around to know who is coming over to speak. The whiskey on his breath is noticable from a good distance away.
"Fsshhers yousshh should come ands.. and..shshs and try ssho, some of this shere wwhiskey," drawled Valbeorn.
"Val, seriously, lay off the alcohol, we may need your un-intoxicated wit yet tonight," proclaimed Tuilin. Klydon and Telmonar nod in aggreeance, not sure of what to make of Valbeorn in this embaressing state.
"Shar... you gguyssh ddont know hhow to have shhshs some sffunsh," drawled again the intoxicated skin-changer. Valbeorn quickly throws his head down over and grabs at his stomach, spewing out the contents of his late-night raid of the food storage. The others just roll their eyes as they continue to keep watch in the again-formed uneasy silence.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:34 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin heard something he started walking the other’s had fought with him in mirkwood and at the previous osgiliath battle and trusted him. All 3 slowly walked then Tuilin heard a thunk he spun and saw a dead sentry fall down about 10 yards away. Faramir the captain of this contingent looked at the body "To the river" he whispered while the knight were arming themselves. Tuilin walked quietly to the river with Telmonar, Klydon, and 5 knight and rangers they stood on either side of the walkway into their side of osgiliath. Tuilin looked around the pillar he saw orc boats approaching. He rasied up his arrow and waited for Klydon to fire.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:53 am
The three moved swiftly away from Valbeorn, still cringing, grabbing at his midsection. Several others, dozens of knights moved as quietly as they could, trying not to make much noise. Valbeorn picked up his staff and leaned on it, while he slowly started down a path to the river.

Valbeorn had a hard time, tripping over stones and rubble. His mind was still quite foggy, but he knew that he was needed over there. Everyone was needed.

After several more steps, Valbeorn, nearly falling to his knees this time, reached out and grabbed a half-destroyed wall. A knight running up behind him, hoisted him up, keeping him from falling, and kept along his way.

"uh...sshthanks," muttered Valbeorn.

Valbeorn still had some ways to go before he would reach the river, but the urgency of the matter was enough to pressure him on the verge of a near dead-sprint to the river. Valbeorn kept along with some others alongside him, nearly keeling over several times, knocking his feet into stone and rock alongside the pathways.

Bruised, beaten, and out of breath, Valbeorn reached the last alleyway to the riverbed. Before taking another step towards the river, Valbeorn ducked into a nearby building and began to climb the stairs.

As he reached the top and thrust open the trapdoor, Valbeorn looked over the river to see shadowy figures engulfing the entire opposite shoreline.

"Oh my..." whispered Valbeorn.

"Shhh, keep it down," whispered an archer perched nearby.

Valbeorn looked over to see a vast array of archers, poised along the sides of ruined buildings, intent in their keen eyes. There were dozens of knights, hundreds even on the ground, waiting, poised up against the building walls, waiting for the menace to make it’s way accross the river...
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:59 am
The boats drew closer to the shoreline. In Telmonar’s estimation, there were at least thirty boats, each holding around fifteen Orcs. Telmonar realized that arrows would not defeat these creatures; it would require swordplay. Telmonar slung his bow around his quiver. He spun and ran down a flight a flight of steps, turned, and ran down the stony road to the shoreline where the Orcs were approaching.
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:26 am
450 Tuilin thought, but more will be coming. He saw as they approached then they leapt out of their boats and onto the shore. Tuilin fired 4 times at this range he couldn’t miss. Then he leapt forward sword drawn and ready attacking the orcs.
"DáinIronfoot"
Pipeweed
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:32 am
As the orcs swarmed onto the shore, the men of Gondor were almost knocked to the ground by the oncoming wave, but somehow stood their ground. Men and orcs were felled by their opponents, but the Gondorian rangers were drastically outnumbered. Kyldon realized that at the rate that the orcs were slaughtering the rangers, there would be none left shortly.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:36 am
Tuilin drew his sowrd and attacked the oncoming orcs he twisted and spun, dodging and parrying orcs fell wherever he went. All the orcs that had been in this boat were dead. but 2 more boats were coming for them. Tuilin drew his bow and resumed firing.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing