LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:46 am
You can only use Sting after strengths have been compared and wounds/overwhelming has occurred.

In short, if Frodo dies during the skirmish, you can’t use Sting’s text.

Edit: Whoops, sorry, Porter Troll, I accidentally deleted your original post.
All cards do what they say.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:58 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
what was the question? i don’t get it
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:45 am
His original question was whether you could use Sting BOTEL to effectively cancel a fierce skirmish involving Frodo and a Porter Troll.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
oh OK. thanks
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AdultLink
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:21 am
bibfortuna25 wrote:
You can only use Sting after strengths have been compared and wounds/overwhelming has occurred.

In short, if Frodo dies during the skirmish, you can’t use Sting’s text.

Edit: Whoops, sorry, Porter Troll, I accidentally deleted your original post.

Are you messin with me? Because this is TOTALLY not what AC has told me and has played with for quite a good while. Second opinions and clarification please!
Haves/Wants
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:27 am
Sting activates when a skirmish is about to end. not after it ends. so it still takes effect before overwhelming and wounding and so forth.

AC is correct on this matter im afraid.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
hblika
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:47 am
elf lvr wrote:
Sting activates when a skirmish is about to end. not after it ends. so it still takes effect before overwhelming and wounding and so forth.

AC is correct on this matter im afraid.

No, that’s wrong. Bibfortuna is right. A skirmish isn’t about to end until the skirmish has been resolved, and wounds have been placed.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:20 am
The answer I gave is correct. It doesn’t matter what AC says; the rules are the rules, and they must be followed.

Sting can only be used after all wounds/overwhelming have occurred.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:20 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
bibfortuna25 is correct. "About to end" is something to better depict that the action IS, after all, a Response, so it does not "use up" your skirmish action, NOR does it cancel a skirmish. About to end takes place just before ending, so that means AFTER resolving skirmishactions, placing wounds/burdens AND checking for possible overwhelms. It DOES, however, discard the minion (provided that your Ring-Bearer survives) for a possible double-move.
I don't like YOU.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:45 pm
Leave me out of this! Laughing

I look in a thread I’ve never posted in and find people arguing about whether I’m correct or not.

I’ve never given a ruling about this - I myself don’t have the card, and thus have never used it. When I play against somone who uses it, they’ve always discarded the minion before taking wounds, but I guess I can correct that error now.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions