LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:33 am
I’ve looked over AC’s "the time of the orc" article and it didnt have this type of orc weapon swarm style thing. So as it’s one of my favourite decks to play i thought i’d post it.

Idea

Get as many fairly large orcs out with as little pool as possible, think its probably more bomb than swarm.

Tactic

All the way through his I’m going to assume you know that each site should be moving from an underground site and making the new site underground as you use unforgiving depths/goblin hordes/orkish smith to make sure your sites are out.

Using Beasts of burden (smiths get back the conditions you discard to reuse this) start by throwing out an orc artisan, give him an orc spear from hand, using retribution or using a goblin scavengers, so you need at least about 10 pool to start the chain. The more you get given the nastier it can be. Playing an orc spear on the orc artisan, mordor aggressor or champion orc generates 4 pool. So effectively your guys are costing 1 or 2. It plays cheap minions but you need the pool there in the first place to remove before you add it again.

Extras

Retribution fetches orc spears and the orkish smith can fetch this back. Coordinated effort generates pool as does unreasonable choice or condition discard so either is good. The black land chieftain adds threats easily for when your big guys kill someone and stops aragorn and his bow and elven hunters from adding them.

Aim

Your 4-5 orcs should all have +2 spears and be +2 from the aggressor so are going to be around 15-16 strength each and with this combo out, even more with multiple aggressors out. Eventually the freeps should cave in.

Variations

The deck is extremely flexible you can take out cards such as coordinated effort or unreasonable choice or alter the number of each minion depending on how often you take them back with goblin hordes. You can also add a few black land overlords and the black land observer etc.. like I do when im playing multiplayer for extra kick.

(38 )

3x Goblin Hordes
4x Orc Artisan
4x Mordor Aggressor
4x Orc Spear
3x Orkish Smith
4x Unforgiving Depths
2x Beasts of Burden
4x Scavenging Goblins
2x Champion Orc
2x Retribution
2x Coordinated Effort
2x Unreasonable Choice
2x Black Land Chieftain

P.s. Im not adding forced march before anyone says as its just mean!
Last edited by lem0nhead on Wed May 02, 2007 8:12 am; edited 2 times in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:03 am
Good deck. I would cut an Unforgiving Depths and an Orc Artisan and add 2 copies of Mordor Scimitar. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I really like using mordor schimtar with beastly olog-hai or to enforce the rule of 5 tower troll
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard