LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:12 am
So, tentatively, how many people would show up, assuming that 12-14 come from my group? And would there be prizes?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
menace64
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:54 am
I’m speaking for my guys, but I’ve got 7 who know how to play (a few amazingly well). I’d have to check with them though.

Now, for prize support, I think if we all chip in a buck or two we can award packs to winners (C&R doesn’t carry LotR packs [yet hehe]), so Prairie Dog might be in for now.

Or, if everyone agrees, we could just do store credit. Whatever works and gets people to come.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:11 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
could you guys move this to PM’S? I know this is OK and all but...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:04 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
sickofpalantirs wrote:
could you guys move this to PM’S? I know this is OK and all but...

Look who’s talking! The official cc spammer! Laughing
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
hawkeyespf
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:16 am
Personally, I think that any discussion that encourages people to play competetively is a VERY good thing. Keep it here on the boards guys.
Naphtali
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:30 pm
This is exactly what I created the the thread for! I’m happy for you guys in Wichita..
Tolkien was brilliant!

Three LOTR Movies should have been made per book... Making a total of nine..
Cobra
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:24 pm
Just chiming in briefly as the site admin...

I’m fine with this sort of "local" discussion appearing on the forums, and might even want to encourage similar tournament announcements/discussion in the future. Yes, it’s mostly a private matter, but it’s still nice to read for the reason hawkeyespf mentioned. Plus, you neNOLINKver know who will stumble across this thread -- the Wichita LOTR TCG crew just might gain a new player!

All I ask is that you keep the issue SoP raised in mind, and not just hit "post" or "reply" out of habit. When you get to the point of discussing what snacks to bring to your tourney, it’s time to go to PMs. Wink

-- Cobra
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:15 pm
Okay! Speaking of snacks....j/k

menace64 wrote:
...Prairie Dog might be in for now.

Actually, I personally bought out Prarie Dog’s stock a couple months ago. So if they haven’t restocked, maybe prize support wouldn’t be an option. Sad
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:07 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Nice, it’s good to see some feedback...I think it would be a good idea to move this all to a seperate thread...that way, it’s easier for Wichitans to see, "Hey, that’s a Wichita thread!" and then post in it. And that way we can keep this thread on-topic.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion