LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
macheteman
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:10 pm
--- description ---
This deck is for Cobra’s January contests. It combines enduring Wraith with a Sauron support and uses a card from every set.--- end description ---

1x Ulaire Nertea, Servant of the Shadow (hunters)
1x Ulaire Toldea, Messenger of Morgul (FOTR)
2x The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders (shadows)
3x Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One (MD)
1x Ulaire enquea, lieutenant of morgul (FOTR)
1x Morgul Brute (ROTK)
1x Covetous Wisp (wraith)
1x Undead of Angmar (wraith)
1x The Mouth of Sauron, Lieutenant of Barad-dur (BR)
1x Orc Guard (ROTEL)
1x Grishnakh, orc captain (BOHD)
1x Wisp of pale sheen (EOF)
2x Gorgoroth Stormer (SOG)
1x Horror of Harad (middle earth)
1x Desert Warrior (TTT)

4x Dark Swooping Shadows (MD)
2x Between Nazgul and Prey (SOG)
3x Keening Wail (Shadows)
1x The Eye of Sauron (MOM)
2x The Ring Is Mine! (MD)

2x Sense of Obligation (BR)
1x Thin and Stretched (FOTR)
1x They Feel The Precious (hunters)

1x Ring of Rancor (reflections)
1x Ring of Terror (ROS)

As you can see, it has a hefty amount of minions, most of the Wraiths are enduring, and it focuses on Enquea. many of the events either exert the minions, or have "toil" so that you can exert them, and decrease the cost of the card. it is a pretty big shadows deck, but a few of the minions have muster, and there are a good amount of events. there is a neat little ability this deck has, and that is assignment. Between Nazgul and Prey can assign any enduring Wraith, and toldea and the mouth have their own assigning specials. but these assignments can add burdens when combined with Sense of Obligation and Thin and Stretched. plus the deck can add a few threats, which help when you kill a companion, and you can bring back a Wraith card with the new RoS Ring of Terror. a few of the Sauron minions can add burdens under the right conditions, and help the wraiths with the ring is mine!

this deck can be even more effective when streamlined for regular play.
Last edited by macheteman on Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
sperzdechly
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:57 pm
Drop Orc Guard (what do you need it for?) and add one more Morgul Brute. I miss changing-site Nelya, who is essential in every corruption deck (repeating parapet combo).
I’d rather include They Feel The Preciuos from hunters instead of Lemenya (atni-Aragorn’s Longbow) and Ulaire Nertea from bloodlines instead of Shadow in the East.

But generally it is a good deck. Well done!
drveni
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:00 pm
Joined: 01 Jan 2007 Posts: 18 Location: Velika Gorica, Croatia
You are fourth person... It’s too big!!!!!!

The point of a good deck is to be effective with 30 to max 33 cards per side (unless you play big cycling)
macheteman
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:30 pm
thanks guys. as for the deck size, i run a 37 card nazzy corruption deck that cycles fairly well, and i often play against a sauron card-discard deck where 33 cards would crash way too soon. but i see your point, and will try to reduce the deck size. and if i wasn’t in cobra’s challenge, i would take out a bunch more cards.

orc guard is a cheap Sauron minion that can discard a freeps condition at great need.

i like nelya, but he is best when he is the main minion, and i was trying to focus on enduring wraiths. but he is a sweet card that makes a sweet corruption deck.

they feel the precious is a great idea, i will see what i can do.

again, thank you alot.

-macheteman
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded