LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
OneFathom
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:26 am
Just to make sure, is the Standard Format strictly limited to Shadows-block cards and beyond or is the RotK-block/Reflections still appropriate for Standard Play? Also, what about the Weta promos? I know cards like Glorfindel and Bombadil fall under the Reflections umbrella, but what about Ghan-Buri-Ghan, Radagast’s Staff, and Tom Bombadil’s Hat? Have those been rotated out as well? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Colin (OneFathom)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:15 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I am fairly sure ROTK doesn’t rotate until the great eye releases. (or whatever the next base set is called) I don’t know about those weta cards.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:42 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
SoP is correct about rotation. If Decipher actually releases The Great Eye, Reflections will rotate out along with ROTK block. Currently, however, ROTK block is still Standard.

The WETA cards are something different...promos (those with a collector’s info of 0P#) are not legal for Standard play ever, unless there’s a standard-legal copy in existence (aka Aragorn’s Bow, which has promo and regular versions). However, the Expanded Middle-Earth cards (those with a set number 14), like Halbarad, Elladan and Elrohir, etc., are still going to be legal, and always will be Standard-legal, as after The Great Eye there will be no more rotation.

Same goes for the Wraith Collection.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
OneFathom
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:31 pm
Thanks SOP and CG!
hawkeyespf
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:32 pm
Actually, the Weta Collection (Anarion, Radagast’s Staff, Ghan-buri-Ghan, Tom Bombadil’s Hat, and Erkenbrand) IS Standard Format legal, and will rotate out with Reflections and the rest of RotK Block - and there is still Treachery and Deceit to be released before then. = )
hawkeyespf
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:37 pm
Actually, the only promos that are not, and never will be, Standard Legal are the Online League promos 0P62-0P67.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions