LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:42 pm
As a reminder, this is part of the third of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

There are also a couple more that feature in this set that weren’t in the last, but I’ll get onto them later.

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Dwarven - 25
Elven - 26
Gandalf - 33
Gollum - 1
Isengard - 4
Orc - 21
Sauron - 16
Shire - 12
Wraith - 50
White - 12

4 Ancient Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 10
Vit: 3
Sit: 6
Enduring.
Skirmish:
Discard a Sauron or Wraith card from play and heal this minion to make a Spider enduring.
H3 U 111

2 Dol Guldur Crawler Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 6
Vit: 2
While you can spot 3 fierce minions, this minion’s twilight cost is -2.
While this minion has terror X, it is strength +X.
While this minion is enduring, it is vitality +2.
H3 R 112

3 Dol Guldur Fiend Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 9
Skirmish: Remove a burden to Lock a companion skirmishing this minion until the end of the turn.
H3 C 113

4 Dol Guldur Rager Sauron
Minion • Spider
Shadow: Exert this minion and heal an enduring Wraith minion to add a burden. The Free Peoples player may add a threat to prevent this.
H3 R 114

3 Dol Guldur Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
Shadow: Remove a threat and exert this minion to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion or add a burden.
H3 C 115

1 Dragon’s Wrath Sauron
Event • Archery
Exert Smaug to make the minion archery total +X, where X is the number of Shadow cultures you can spot.
H3 U 116

1 Dread Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Spot Smaug to make the Free Peoples player discard X cards from the top of their draw deck, where X is the number of Shadow cultures you can spot.
H3 C 117

4 Great Weaver Sauron
Minion • Spider
Shadow: Exert this minion and remove a threat to make a Sauron or Wraith minion gain terror 1 until the regroup phase.
H3 C 118

1 • The Lonely Mountain Sauron
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples player may discard a Free Peoples possession or artifact to Unlock this card until the regroup phase.
Smaug’s twilight cost is -2.
Locked: At the start of the assignment phase, the Free Peoples player may heal each companion.
H3 R 119

1 • Mirkwood Sauron
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples player may Lock a companion until the end of the regroup phase to Unlock this condition until the regroup phase.
Each Spider is fierce.
Locked: At the start of each skirmish involving a Spider, remove a threat (or discard that Spider if you cannot spot a threat).
H3 R 120

12 • Smaug, Vassal of the East Sauron
Minion • Dragon
Str: 19
Vit: 5
Winged. Fierce.
While you can spot 3 Shadow cultures, Smaug’s site number is -3.
While you can spot 3 artifacts, Smaug is strength +3.
While you can spot 3 stacked sites, Smaug gains terror 1.
’The Dragon Sauron might use with terrible effect.’
H3 U 121

0 Swarming and Crawling Sauron
Event • Shadow
To play, spot 2 Wraith or Sauron minions.
Remove X burdens or X threats to play a Spider. That minion’s twilight cost is -X.
H3 R 122

1 Terrible Approach Sauron
Event • Shadow
Choose one: spot Smaug and 2 Shadow cultures to take into hand a Sauron event from your discard pile; or exert Smaug and spot 3 Shadow cultures to take into hand a Shadow card from your discard pile.
H3 U 123

1 Town-Baiting Sauron
Event • Regroup
Exert Smaug to make the Free Peoples player discard X Free Peoples cards from play, where X is the number of Shadow cultures you can spot.
H3 R 124

2 • Uncountable Hoard Sauron
Artifact • Support Area
Shadow: Exert Smaug and discard a Shadow condition from play to Unlock this artifact.
Locked: Shadow: If Smaug is not exhausted, exert a character to draw a card. The Free Peoples player may also use this ability.
H3 R 125

3 Weaver of Dol Guldur Sauron
Minion • Spider
Enduring.
Shadow:
Discard a Sauron or Wraith card from play to make a Spider fierce until the regroup phase.
H3 U 126

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 pm; edited 9 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:16 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact • Support Area
Shadow: Exert Smaug to Unlock this card.
Locked: Shadow: If Smaug is not exhausted, exert a character to draw a card. The Free Peoples player may also use this ability.
H3 R 126

firstey, cut cost to 2 IMHO. for 2 of you exertions to get to exert one of their companions, and draw a card. Also the word artifact needs to be in this card SOMEWHERE.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:21 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact • Support Area
H3 R 126

firstey, cut cost to 2 IMHO. for 2 of you exertions to get to exert one of their companions, and draw a card. Also the word artifact needs to be in this card SOMEWHERE.

I’m not sure I understand your review! Could you make it a bit clearer?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:40 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact • Support Area
H3 R 126

Representing the terrible temptation and corruption caused by Smaug’s treasure.

Thranduil

I dunno. It seems a little OP, even with the FP able to exert Smaug back. But I can’t think of what to change. Maybe add a slightly higher unlock cost, like exert Smaug and do something-or-other. I like the idea, though, so I’m hesitant to suggest any significant change.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:19 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Also the word artifact needs to be in this card SOMEWHERE.

LOL!

IMO, the card is so twisted it would take a miracle for me to figure out whether its balanced or not, so my idea is, fire all your playtesters, make a 20th set and release it to the public, and then X-list accordingly (if necessary).

And insert some typo somewhere, and make the lore "ARGH!"

1st Smaug is awesome, and I’ll review the second when you show me a card with all that text on there.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:25 am
NBarden wrote:
IMO, the card is so twisted it would take a miracle for me to figure out whether its balanced or not, so my idea is, fire all your playtesters, make a 20th set and release it to the public, and then X-list accordingly (if necessary).

And insert some typo somewhere, and make the lore "ARGH!"

Yeah, thanks! Razz I do need a good lore...

NBarden wrote:
1st Smaug is awesome, and I’ll review the second when you show me a card with all that text on there.

I did manage to fit it on a card when I made it. Admittedly the text is very small...

AgentDrake wrote:
I dunno. It seems a little OP, even with the FP able to exert Smaug back. But I can’t think of what to change. Maybe add a slightly higher unlock cost, like exert Smaug and do something-or-other. I like the idea, though, so I’m hesitant to suggest any significant change.

Look better?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:59 pm
I’ve had an excellent idea for a Smaug, and I was just worrying that this set needed a version of him. So, I’m going to repost the Uncountable Hoard with changes and follow it with my new Smaug:

Artifact • Support Area
Shadow: Exert Smaug and discard a Shadow condition from play to Unlock this artifact.
H3 R 126

12 • Smaug, Vassal of the East Sauron
Minion • Dragon
Str: 19
Vit: 5
Winged. Fierce.
While you can spot 3 Shadow cultures, Smaug’s site number is -3.
While you can spot 3 artifacts, Smaug is strength +3.
While you can spot 3 stacked sites, Smaug gains terror 1.
’The Dragon Sauron might use with terrible effect.’
H3 U

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

gil-estel
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:28 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
maybe an idea to do something with it’s temper? Like Unhasty? It took a while before Smaug finaly decided to fly out and be aggresive...Dragons seem to be lazy...
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:22 pm
An Unhasty minion? Weird...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
gil-estel
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:33 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
something like....
My trading list
My main wants
My refs

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards